Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    [Help] I want to buy VPS, I have some questions

    Hello folks,

    Here is the thing I need to buy VPS servers (8 to be precise) in different countries within Europe, I need them for a specific purpose so here is my question.

    When someone makes a backtrace on the IP on those VPS servers I need them to act as they are regular home ISP IP's instead of datacenter IP's. So for example when I make a GEO IP location check on any server IP on 2privacy.com there are two fields that annoy me, the first one is the field "Host" where most of the time something like "server266.hostingcopany.com" and the "Description" field where most of the times I get something like "Hosted by TheHostingCompany.com"

    So my question is, will I be able to change the "Host" and the "Description" on VPS?

    If you don't know what I'm talking about please go to 2privacy.com and make a IP Geo Location check on any IP.

    And if this is possible please give me your offers on VPS servers (WITHIN EUROPE)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    60
    There are sevral softwate that you can use to rotate your ip and you can use dynamic ips. So any vps will work but you need to no what your doing.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by revhos View Post
    There are sevral softwate that you can use to rotate your ip and you can use dynamic ips. So any vps will work but you need to no what your doing.
    Thank you for the reply,

    If you are thinking of proxy and VPN that is out of question.

    Proxies can be detected and I have tested a very BIG number of VPN accounts and when a backtrace is done they all show that they are from Datacenters.

    However I'm also open to VPN deals as long as they don't show that they are from datacenter.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    60
    Also with most vps you get 2 ips if you ordered more you can change them from time to time.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by revhos View Post
    Also with most vps you get 2 ips if you ordered more you can change them from time to time.
    I'm fine with even 1 IP as long as I can change what I stated above.

    I just don't want to be traceable that the IP is from datacenter.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Alivedead View Post
    Thant does not sound good!
    Ok, your reply can have multiple interpretations, I don't want to look like the guy with the fly on his hat but I presume that you think I need this for some illegal activity.

    What I need this for is not even close to illegal, I will admit that it brakes the "house" rules but it is definitely not for illegal purposes.

    I just need a bunch of "soft players" in some poker rooms and I want to make it perfect from technical aspect so I don't get caught that I control the other players on the table.

    That is not illegal, it brakes the rules of the house YES but in worst case scenario my accounts in the poker house get frozen and I loose some cash. And that is REALLY the toughest action they can carry.


    So I'm waiting for all the VPS company owners to trow me some offers.

    Or AT LEAST tell me if it is possible to change that things to the IP so I can do the job on my own.

    Here is a screenshot of what I want to accomplish, change the content of the IP "Host" field and IP "Description" field so it doesn't look like I'm using servers to play.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,270
    You could change the rDNS of an IP to be something like adsl-2323-234325-2352.static.somelocalisp.com
    However the description field is probably derived from the whois record for the whole netblock and you can't do anything to change that. Yes maybe some ISPs could assign you an IP and enter a different whois info for that IP only, but i doubt many could do this, and even those who can do it will probably have their doubts and will not agree to do it.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    You could change the rDNS of an IP to be something like adsl-2323-234325-2352.static.somelocalisp.com
    However the description field is probably derived from the whois record for the whole netblock and you can't do anything to change that. Yes maybe some ISPs could assign you an IP and enter a different whois info for that IP only, but i doubt many could do this, and even those who can do it will probably have their doubts and will not agree to do it.
    Благодаря for that my Bulgarian friend you gave me a good idea, I just need to look for ISP's that offer VPS hosting, can you hook me up with something in Bulgaria?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,270
    Sure, you can just google vps bulgaria. I can recommend delta.bg
    You can also check superhosting.bg, host.bg, webconnect.bg, jump.bg, fcolor.bg
    There are probably many others, i am just too lazy to look them all up right now

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    Sure, you can just google vps bulgaria. I can recommend delta.bg
    You can also check superhosting.bg, host.bg, webconnect.bg, jump.bg, fcolor.bg
    There are probably many others, i am just too lazy to look them all up right now
    Thank you again, I guess I filled one spot.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,270
    What do you intend to do with these VPSes - VPNs/proxies? Resources needed? What is your plan - one per country? Budget?

  13. #13
    Pretty sure they will catch on no matter what you do, and even if it isn't illegal, it's still cheating. As a poker player, this upsets me.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonInNe View Post
    Pretty sure they will catch on no matter what you do, and even if it isn't illegal, it's still cheating. As a poker player, this upsets me.
    Well what should I do buy you a lollypop if that upsets you? ahahah

    Its just a concept that I have put together and I think it is worth the shot, I will in NO case go against any players if you think that is the deal, I'm doing something else.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    What do you intend to do with these VPSes - VPNs/proxies? Resources needed? What is your plan - one per country? Budget?
    One per country yes and preferably some more eastern European countries because I don't know, by some logic in those countries is harder to tell which IP is from ISP and which is from datacenter since the hosting business is not as present and advanced as in Netherlands, Germany etc etc.

    I was thinking on making virtual desktops, but I really have lack of knowledge in VPS's so I don't know if it is stupid to ask if it is possible to install some non server OS's like Win XP, Vista, 7 etc. on VPS and access trough remote connection.

    But if it is not possible I will go with VPN I guess and connect with multiple computers in my home.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,270
    Yes, some providers offer Windows VPSes, no XP, Vista or 7 though - only the windows server versions (AFAIK those are the only ones that can be licensed for datacenters use). Windows VPSes are more expensive though - because the windows license itself costs money, and windows is more resource hungry than Linux.
    You could go for Linux desktop, however i am not sure how familiar you are with this and if you are not a techie type it could be hard for you to set it up. VPN seems to be your best option here.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    Yes, some providers offer Windows VPSes, no XP, Vista or 7 though - only the windows server versions (AFAIK those are the only ones that can be licensed for datacenters use). Windows VPSes are more expensive though - because the windows license itself costs money, and windows is more resource hungry than Linux.
    You could go for Linux desktop, however i am not sure how familiar you are with this and if you are not a techie type it could be hard for you to set it up. VPN seems to be your best option here.
    Yes in that case I think VPN will be the choice to go with since I think it will be kind of odd seeing a poker player playing on Windows Server.

    I have a great experience with cPanel and the shared environment however never got the chance to play with servers and commands (Which I greatly regret).

    But I really think that I recall seeing somewhere Windows XP remote desktops being offered.


    Edit:

    And I have a very solid budget for this. And a even more solid aim in my eyes. (For what I need this VPS's for)
    Last edited by Leonards; 04-01-2011 at 01:05 AM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,270
    If you find a host that offers KVM/HVM type virtualization you could in theory install your own windows on it, from your own ISOs and with your own license key.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    If you find a host that offers KVM/HVM type virtualization you could in theory install your own windows on it, from your own ISOs and with your own license key.
    Thank you for the third time this morning friendly guy.

    Although my mentality sort of keeps blocking the term "license key" or at least "valid license key"

  20. #20

    hi

    I am agree with you.your good sugg

    Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    You could change the rDNS of an IP to be something like adsl-2323-234325-2352.static.somelocalisp.com
    However the description field is probably derived from the whois record for the whole netblock and you can't do anything to change that. Yes maybe some ISPs could assign you an IP and enter a different whois info for that IP only, but i doubt many could do this, and even those who can do it will probably have their doubts and will not agree to do it.

Similar Threads

  1. Questions concerning Razz Host buy out..
    By chrisnewberry in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 12:36 PM
  2. Questions before I buy a Dedicated Server
    By graphics360 in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 04:21 PM
  3. Some questions before I buy hosting service
    By guywald in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
  4. Buy a vps, get the NOC-1 plan free! Dallas VPS's / NY VPS's!
    By next-hop in forum VPS Hosting Offers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
  5. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •