Leased R1Soft Licenses (single agent).

So, we have the R1Soft CDP software and a new backup server in place, but what I am having trouble with is finding a single R1Soft monthly leased license (1 agent).

Purchasing straight from R1Soft is rather pricey, and most of the providers I have found this last hour of Googling, searching WHT, etc sell R1Soft backup space, but not individual leased licenses.

We don't need storage space, we have gobs of it. Just looking for the license

So, if anyone knows where such a provider is, kindly point me in that direction.

Thanks!

EDIT: And I did find one UK based provider. But for simplicity, i'd rather keep everything American based and in US currency.
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

If a Canadian provider would do, try emailing sales@amanah.com and they should be able to work out something for your single R1Soft leased license.

Quote Originally Posted by EmuHost-Pete View Post
    I take you did not see this: (0 Available)

It has been like that for a long time. So you might want to contact them and see if they have them available. I know jonesolutions.com offers 50gb space and 1CDP license for $15. Pretty much the same price if not lower than you will find a CDP license for.

You might want to just order their backup plan and just use the license.
    Kevin Kopp - MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
    Pure SSD Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting Solutions
    US & NL Locations :: [US] PhoenixNAP | [NL] EvoSwitch Datacenters

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
    I'll contact them first to make sure thats doable on their end. I don't know if their alloted licenses are restricted to servers under their management or how the issuing of R1Soft Licenses work, but so far that may be my best bet.
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazapi-Curtis View Post
    I'll contact them first to make sure thats doable on their end. I don't know if their alloted licenses are restricted to servers under their management or how the issuing of R1Soft Licenses work, but so far that may be my best bet.
    Ya that would most likely be the best way to go.

I also found another link here:

https://www.opensourcehostingsolutio...art.php?gid=95
    Kevin Kopp - MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
    Pure SSD Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting Solutions
    US & NL Locations :: [US] PhoenixNAP | [NL] EvoSwitch Datacenters

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
    I take you did not see this: (0 Available)

It has been like that for a long time. So you might want to contact them and see if they have them available. I know jonesolutions.com offers 50gb space and 1CDP license for $15. Pretty much the same price if not lower than you will find a CDP license for.

Sorry. No I didn't see the 0 available.

Just restocked 5 minutes ago
    Corey Arbogast | CEO
    █ 888-X10-9668, x703 - corey[@]x10hosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by [x10]Corey View Post
    Just restocked 5 minutes ago
    Great!

EDIT: Strange invoice. (Invoice 21390)

Leased CDP License Monthly (04/01/2011 - 04/30/2011)
    R1Soft Additional Licenses: 1 x Additional Licenses $9.95 USD
    MySQL Addon: 1 x MySQL Addon $6.00 USD
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sub Total: $25.90 USD
    Credit: $0.00 USD
    Total: $25.90 USD

$9.95 + $6.00 = $15.95
    Last edited by MannDude; 04-01-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Great!

EDIT: Strange invoice. (Invoice 21390)

Leased CDP License Monthly (04/01/2011 - 04/30/2011)
    R1Soft Additional Licenses: 1 x Additional Licenses $9.95 USD
    MySQL Addon: 1 x MySQL Addon $6.00 USD
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sub Total: $25.90 USD
    Credit: $0.00 USD
    Total: $25.90 USD

$9.95 + $6.00 = $15.95

I got it sorted out. Leave it to me to make early morning mistakes

Basically, I put a "1" in the "additional licenses" box, thinking that area was for the TOTAL amount of licenses needed, not 1 licenses + additional licenses.

Anyhow, got it sorted out.

This license can serve me for installation on cpanel? do not quite understand the functioning of R1Soft, I need to install in order R1Soft whm cpanel and buy him in this type of license?

Quote Originally Posted by graphicsrq View Post
    This license can serve me for installation on cpanel? do not quite understand the functioning of R1Soft, I need to install in order R1Soft whm cpanel and buy him in this type of license?
    Do you have your own dedicated servers, or are you on shared hosting?

To understand what R1Soft does and how it works check out their website, they have a lot of material on it: http://www.r1soft.com/
    Corey Arbogast | CEO

Do you have your own dedicated servers, or are you on shared hosting?

To understand what R1Soft does and how it works check out their website, they have a lot of material on it: http://www.r1soft.com/

Hi Corey, now I have 2 VPS, one in which I have sales and reseller hosting, and the other I use to store copies of the same. I am using a script with the cron and rsync for copies I think every night in this servidor.pero I would like to implement a system to allow R1Soft customers to create copies, do not know if this is possible with this type of license.

Sorry for my English, am Spanish

Single Hop offers the Agent for free.

Quote Originally Posted by graphicsrq View Post
    Hi Corey, now I have 2 VPS, one in which I have sales and reseller hosting, and the other I use to store copies of the same. I am using a script with the cron and rsync for copies I think every night in this servidor.pero I would like to implement a system to allow R1Soft customers to create copies, do not know if this is possible with this type of license.
    If they are both Xen VPSs you could install the server on one and backup the other to it. However it is really recommended to have a separate dedicated server for your backups.

The requirements for the R1Soft server can be found on this page: http://www.r1soft.com/linux-cdp/cdp-.../requirements/
    Corey Arbogast | CEO

thanks Corey, I will study the issue.

If they are both Xen VPSs you could install the server on one and backup the other to it. However it is really recommended to have a separate dedicated server for your backups.

The requirements for the R1Soft server can be found on this page: http://www.r1soft.com/linux-cdp/cdp-.../requirements/
    hi

do you still provide leased licences?

i see the availability is "-1" on your site.

could you please give more info on this?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sheriph View Post
    hi

do you still provide leased licences?

i see the availability is "-1" on your site.

could you please give more info on this?

thanks.
    He still does but their currently out of stock.

R1Soft is pretty pricy direct unless you have large commits with them. I would recommend calling a few of their partners in regards to single licenses. They should be able to assist further.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

So, we have the R1Soft CDP software and a new backup server in place, but what I am having trouble with is finding a single R1Soft monthly leased license (1 agent).

Purchasing straight from R1Soft is rather pricey, and most of the providers I have found this last hour of Googling, searching WHT, etc sell R1Soft backup space, but not individual leased licenses.

We don't need storage space, we have gobs of it. Just looking for the license

So, if anyone knows where such a provider is, kindly point me in that direction.

Thanks!

EDIT: And I did find one UK based provider. But for simplicity, i'd rather keep everything American based and in US currency.
    Hi,

Just wanted to point out that it makes no difference in terms of functionality whether you get a R1Soft Leased License from a UK or US company or from any other country for that matter - it's the same thing. And once it's setup and configured there's not a lot more involved. Although yes I take your point that some customers do like to pay bills in their native currency.

Regards,
    Suhail.
    OSHS Ltd
    OSHS Services - DNS Clusters | R1Soft Licenses | R1Soft CDP Storage | UK Server Colo | UK Rack Space

How exactly does a leased-license work? I have a CDP 3.0 server with a few agents I purchased at the same time. If I needed to add a couple of agents here and there and decided to lease, how does that fit in with my current setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyttek View Post
    How exactly does a leased-license work? I have a CDP 3.0 server with a few agents I purchased at the same time. If I needed to add a couple of agents here and there and decided to lease, how does that fit in with my current setup?
    It does not fit unfortunately... you can't add licenses from multiple sources to the same server. If you own 3 licenses but you want to add 2 more to make a total of 5 agents on one server you can't. You would need to either buy 2 more licenses, lease all 5, or setup another backup server so you have 3 on one, and 2 on another.
    Corey Arbogast | CEO