Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike - Limestone View Post
    Well said, linux-tech. A lot of students' issues at school have strong links to failings at home. :/
    Better than half the world's problems could have been solved if Johnny or Jane were brought up properly. I'm not talking about 'values' (ie: church, etc), but common sense, such as respecting others, if it's not yours don't touch it, etc.

Parents seem to have just ignored teaching children these very things the past couple of generations, unfortunately.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Better than half the world's problems could have been solved if Johnny or Jane were brought up properly. I'm not talking about 'values' (ie: church, etc), but common sense, such as respecting others, if it's not yours don't touch it, etc.

Parents seem to have just ignored teaching children these very things the past couple of generations, unfortunately.
    Yep. Complete lack of personal responsibility. The kids won't take any responsibility because they weren't taught to, by parents that won't take any responsibility either. Everyone expects someone else (schools, government, teachers) to take care of their kids financially and emotionally.

I'd say much higher than half of the world's social problems would be solved if parents made some type of attempt to raise their own kids. This is why my generation is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
    I'd say much higher than half of the world's social problems would be solved if parents made some type of attempt to raise their own kids. This is why my generation is screwed.
    Naah, your generation is screwed (if you're in the U.S.) because you're going to be owned fully and completely by China, thanks to the government and big business .
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Naah, your generation is screwed (if you're in the U.S.) because you're going to be owned fully and completely by China, thanks to the government and big business .
    Yeah, thanks to the fact that most people in my generation want their lives to be controlled by the government. Capitalism and business is what made us what we are. Government will destroy it.

Edit - Btw, I've been predicting our takeover by China for years. They work, we whine.

I honestly don't know what to say!! But found this interesting enough to get to read it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12