* Any hosts offering nginx with Shared Accounts ?

Hello

I would like to know if there are any hosts which provide nginx server with their shared hosting plans ?

I'm sure there are some but I bet they are few and far between. It all depends what other requirements you need as well, like control panel, location, space/transfer specs, would you already have those details so we can make better suggestions?
    ElicitServers - Canadian hosting dedicated customer satisfaction! Shared/Reseller/VPS/Dedi/Colo
    100% redundant, 100% owned/maintained, GigE connectivity
    Offsite backups, 24/7 support (1-877-533-8993), 30-day money back | cPanel hosting

There are some, but if you want a more commonly used platform I would suggest you perhaps look for LiteSpeed Hosts. The performance benefits are very similar and there are some fantastic LiteSpeed Hosts.
    HeroBill - On-premises Enterprise billing software for hosting providers
    █ UK Based, 24/7 Support Phone Support, Migration Services, Inventory Management, etc...
    https://herobill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Matt View Post
    There are some, but if you want a more commonly used platform I would suggest you perhaps look for LiteSpeed Hosts. The performance benefits are very similar and there are some fantastic LiteSpeed Hosts.
    I have already shortlisted Litespeed hosts.

I just wanted to know more about nginx hosts, i wanted to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrukh View Post
    I have already shortlisted Litespeed hosts.

I just wanted to know more about nginx hosts, i wanted to take a look.
    I haven't come across any, I imagine it mainly has to do with compatibility? Either way, unless you are planning to install the web server your-self, I'd probably stick to providers who use Apache or Litespeed.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

LiteSpeed serves as a whole web server solution on its own, not only is it faster than an Apache based setup.

<snipped>
    Last edited by ldcdc; 03-31-2011 at 06:49 AM. Reason: signature in post

Just a guess but i bet these do,
    http://www.nginxhosting.com/
    Decent budgets needed though, they do have a plan under 20dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by GSpinkz View Post
    Just a guess but i bet these do,
    http://www.nginxhosting.com/
    Decent budgets needed though, they do have a plan under 20dollars.
    I did go through that site first, but it seems its geared towards Magento hosting, particulary ecommerce hosting.

I did go through that site first, but it seems its geared towards Magento hosting, particulary ecommerce hosting.
    Maybe your best option would be to get a VPS for 20-30(what ever currency you use, might need more if you use rupees...)
    theres a lot of tutorials on how to setup nginx

Hello Farrukh,

Look for hosters who are using ISPManager. It has native nginx support build in.

Quote Originally Posted by DmitrijCSR View Post
    Hello Farrukh,

Look for hosters who are using ISPManager. It has native nginx support build in.
    Whats ISPManager ?

Whats ISPManager ?
    It's an alternative to "cPanel Hosting" that is so common this days, only ISPManager comes with nginx support that you are looking for.
    Like cPanel ISPManager Pro allows the providers to sell hosting services to others.

Homepage - http://ispsystem.com/en/software/ispmanager/
    Managed1.com - Affordable budget Fully Managed Hosting Services for individuals and business clients. Website Hosting. Domain Name management. High Availability Cloud servers - 99.9% Uptime, Self-Healing Failover, Load Balancing and Mirrored Backups.
    Whisperdale.net - Internet Service Provider since 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by DmitrijCSR View Post
    It's an alternative to "cPanel Hosting" that is so common this days, only ISPManager comes with nginx support that you are looking for.
    Like cPanel ISPManager Pro allows the providers to sell hosting services to others.

Homepage - http://ispsystem.com/en/software/ispmanager/

Can you name any hosts which offer ISpManager?

Can you name any hosts which offer ISpManager?
    Off the top of my head? No.

Another thing to look into is a web host with Varnish Cache installed. It's now 100% compatible with cPanel and offered by Unixy as a cPanel plugin. In independent benchmarking it has outperformed both Litespeed and Nginx.

In fact, we've done some direct comparison with Varnish VS Litespeed, testing two identical wordpress sites; One powered by Litespeed, the other Varnish Cache. What we noticed was the response time for the Varnish site was significantly faster than the Litespeed.

I know this thread is geared towards Nginx, but if you're simply seeking performance based hosting with some sort of web server caching/web-acceleration then you may have better luck finding a Varnish based host.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

Nginx works with cPanel also. We use it on our servers to serve up static content and pass back dynamic content to apache. This is the package we use.. http://nginxcp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedIT View Post
    Nginx works with cPanel also. We use it on our servers to serve up static content and pass back dynamic content to apache. This is the package we use.. http://nginxcp.com/
    Ah, very nice. I wasn't aware that there was a cPanel plugin for Nginx.

That alone should increase Nginx interest as now its both easier to install (cPanel Plugin) and FREE.

The only thing Litespeed has on these other similar products is the ease of marketing a "Litespeed powered" service vs "Nginx powered" (or whatever), simply because more end-users are aware of what Litespeed is and what it does.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

Quote Originally Posted by Vazapi-Curtis View Post

I know this thread is geared towards Nginx, but if you're simply seeking performance based hosting with some sort of web server caching/web-acceleration then you may have better luck finding a Varnish based host.
    My main requirement is Speedy server and fast loading times.

It doesnt matter if its litespeed, nginx, varnish etc.

But the amount of hosts which offer varnish is limited, nginx is almost neglibile. But Litespeed hosts dominate this area.

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedIT View Post
    But my question is, which hosts offers plans based on Nginx ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vazapi-Curtis View Post
    Off the top of my head? No.

Another thing to look into is a web host with Varnish Cache installed. It's now 100% compatible with cPanel and offered by Unixy as a cPanel plugin. In independent benchmarking it has outperformed both Litespeed and Nginx.

In fact, we've done some direct comparison with Varnish VS Litespeed, testing two identical wordpress sites; One powered by Litespeed, the other Varnish Cache. What we noticed was the response time for the Varnish site was significantly faster than the Litespeed.

@Vazapi, i just checked your site and you also list LiteSpeed as the server.

Do you provide server with Varnish cache installed ?

@Vazapi, i just checked your site and you also list LiteSpeed as the server.

Do you provide server with Varnish cache installed ?
    Well I didn't announce in here earlier as I thought it was against the rules to announce these things here, but since I was prompted: We switched our shared hosting clients over to a new AppLogic backed cloud with cPanel + Varnish installed.

Since we're not *yet* publicly offering this, and since we haven't moved all of our clients over (yet) the site still displays our old plans/information.

But we have a new site in development that will reflect all the changes after we've made the complete switch. We announced some of these changes on our Twitter feed and directly to the clients who were transfered, but thats about it. I even got an email from a client last night titled: "Holy Cow" that simply read: "Did you just switch your servers over or something? I just noticed a very huge difference on my website." I wanted to make sure the difference was a good one, so I emailed him back and rest assured, it was

EDIT: Comically enough, nginx freaked out when I tried to publish my reply here. I'll post the screencap in just a sec.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot.png  
    Last edited by MannDude; 04-01-2011 at 02:00 AM.

But Litespeed hosts dominate this area.
    This is true. Litespeed is more recognizable to the end-user than the others. Even those with little understanding of web-hosting in general, when comparing providers (for shared hosting, at least) will notice some offer 'Litespeed' and others don't. I think one of the reasons a lot of providers decide to go with Litespeed (aside from the fact it does work) is the fact it adds recognizable value (to the end-user) to the service offered.

It may or may not be the best performing solution (depending on who you're getting your information from) but it is the most recognizable to the end-user.

Shouldn't be too hard to find one, just open a ticket with a host you might be interested in to see what they run.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

I have decided to go with a host which offers Litespeed, as its tried and tested.

Varnish is still the new kid on the block, so i wont test out my production site with it. Let it build a reputation and proof to us that it can handle the various different types of sites etc.