GameCP Experiences?

I'm currently getting into the GSP community, and I was wondering how people felt about GameCP? I have the knowledge to design my own game control panel (would probably just make it in Java as its own stand-alone program), but the upkeep (adding new games, updating with patches etc..) is far to much than I want to maintain. GameCP seems to be one of my only choices, because I exclusively run Debian Linux. So my question is, how fast does GameCP update their service with new games/ patches for vulnerabilities, etc...? If its not very good then I might be forced to create my own.

Thanks for the help guys,
    Phillip

Hello,

I have been testing out GameCP , in regards to how good it is i have a few opinions i will share them with you.

- Awful billing system, lacking some major features, i really dislike their billing system.

You can solve this by using one external billing system like WHMCS, its what i'm probably going to do.

Now about its functionality itself:

- Really easy to install new servers
    - Webserver runs on a separate place ( It can also be in a machine that also allows gameservers )
    - It automatically downloads game configurations and whatever is needed so when you deploy a gameserver it does everything automatically.
    - Didn't notice any bug at all with it.
    - The panel haves allot of features and i really like that, features not only administration wise, but also user wise.

I have also tonight ( like 2 hours ago ) tested the WHMCS module with gameCP and i have to say that it works 5 stars, no problems with it at all and does the job exactly like it should be done.

I'm completely against using TCAdmin due to it being hosted on Windows, and honestly i think that for hosting Windows is just not the right OS.

I do not know what is the game cp

Quote Originally Posted by phil29 View Post
    GameCP seems to be one of my only choices, because I exclusively run Debian Linux. So my question is, how fast does GameCP update their service with new games/ patches for vulnerabilities, etc...? If its not very good then I might be forced to create my own.

Phillip
    It's your responsibility to update your game servers. GameCP just provides a core set of files to get you started and even states they may not be the latest.

I don't have any personal experience in game server but I have enough knowledge about game server. And I like your experiences what you shared here.

Quote Originally Posted by phil29 View Post
    I'm currently getting into the GSP community, and I was wondering how people felt about GameCP? I have the knowledge to design my own game control panel (would probably just make it in Java as its own stand-alone program), but the upkeep (adding new games, updating with patches etc..) is far to much than I want to maintain. GameCP seems to be one of my only choices, because I exclusively run Debian Linux. So my question is, how fast does GameCP update their service with new games/ patches for vulnerabilities, etc...? If its not very good then I might be forced to create my own.

Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by humawebdesign View Post
    I don't have any personal experience in game server but I have enough knowledge about game server. And I like your experiences what you shared here.
    If you don't have any experience then don't spam here and waste our time with this nonsense.
    Respectfully,
    Phillip

Bernadoo has highlighted most of the good points about GameCP.

I found it really easy to add a game which was not supported with ease. The only real con is the design, it's not the best looking control panel and I found it hard to customize it.

What is hard about it Jonnerz? You edit some .css, some .tpl's and maybe some .php - may be hard to find what you're looking for (gamecps huge!) but its there.
    -- William Bowman
    -- Owner gamecp.com & gamehostlist.com

TCAdmin and GameCP are both pretty much crap.

If you want to go into business for yourself, you should hire out the development of a new panel. You can always recoup the costs over time by making it commercial.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

Crothers,
    Maybe you're rights :-)