Thumbs up Wiredtree.com - 2 Year and 8 Month Review

I posted a 2 month review about Wiredtree 2.5 years ago, and although I intended to make another review a lot sooner than this, I just never got around to it.

After over 2.5 years of being with Wiredtree, I have had a few annoying moments, but nothing too serious. The worst was a few months ago they has some down times that seems to happen quite often, until after I got fed up and put in a support ticket about it...found out it was my fault for overusing my VPS...oops.

During this time I also found out that when I downgraded from their medium plan to their lowest plan about 1.5 years ago, they decreased my price and forgot to actually switch me to the lower plan. So for over a year and a half I got way more than I was actually paying for. This lead to quite a bit of confusion when I wanted to upgrade recently, but we worked out where the issue was, and they didn't even think about asking for their 1.5 years of missed cash, they just sucked it up.

After all this time, my #1 favorite feature is still their support team. When I started up in October of 2008 as a 'new host' after 4 years of experience. Now, after almost 7 years I still consider myself a new host, with a lot more knowledge. (simply due to lack of time to properly run it, not for lack of ability) I will soon be able to dedicate myself to running a web host full time, and so will finally (in the coming months) launch a public service. I couldn't have done it without the team at Wiredtree.

On every occasion they go above and beyond what they say they will do. I even recall a time when I was sitting at work and wanted to work on something but I couldn't access SSH. I put in a ticket just to see if they'd do it for me, and they indeed untarred, chowned, and set correct permissions on a third-party program install just because I asked them to. They didn't have to, but they did...which is why in the coming months they'll be getting quite a few more server orders from me as we ramp up our operations.

Uptime, customer service, support, third-party help, courtesy...pretty much anything I could ever have hoped for in a host and business partner they have been, and then some. My time with Wiredtree has certainly eclipsed 10 fold the experiences I had with crappy providers before them.

So, here's to aiming for another good 3 years. Thanks guys!

I have to agree with Daniel here, even though I have only been with Wiredtree since november (using the smallest plan for my vps but used a coupon to get more) I am in love with the company. Their support is fantastic and super fast. Even though they say they don't support 3rd party apps I have had help with one or two so far.

The only problem I had with my vps was that I couldn't get mediawiki to work and got irritated, then I realized my msyql and apache weren't set up right to how I usually have it (forgot to do it after updating mysql ) and after fixing that it worked! So far they are the best hosting provider I have ever been with!

Thanks for the 2.5 year followup Daniel! We're glad you made it back to post the followup review after all that time! Cheers to 3 more good years!
    Zac Cogswell
    WiredTree Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Hosting | Average Helpdesk Response <15 Minutes, 24x7 Instant Phone Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @WiredTree | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WiredTree
    zac @ wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510

Thank you for the review! Keep up the great work WiredTree!

Wiredtree is amazing host, we hosted our website with them before for a year and definitely professional team to work with.

Its nice to see these positive reviews every once in a while. So many horror stories and not enough uplifting reviews like these.

Glad to hear you had a good experience with them.
    Ariolander - Amateur Web Developer
    Anime, Manga,
    And Web Design A Haiku
    Of My Pastimes

Thumbs up My 1 year review.

My company has been with them for 1 year now and we could not be more satisfied. Their service has been fantastic and their support is extremely responsive and helpful. They don't try to pass the buck and/or point fingers, they just help you resolve the issue. Doesn't matter the time of day (or night) responses have always been returned within 5 minutes or so. They are always courteous and professional even when you ask dumb questions because it 1am and you brain isn't thinking straight. We use a Hybrid VPS where we host several dynamic websites and a couple of CS-Cart based stores and have never had performance issues of any kind. Please keep up the great work.

John

Thanks for the one-year review whiplash13! We always love long-term feedback from clients, thank you for taking the time to post a review! We'll do our best to keep you happy!
    Zac Cogswell
    WiredTree Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Hosting | Average Helpdesk Response <15 Minutes, 24x7 Instant Phone Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @WiredTree | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WiredTree
    zac @ wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510