Smile GenVPS 1 Month Review

Okay, first off... Sorry if this is the wrong area, it looks right but I am quite tired

As I found GenVPS through WebHostingTalk, and the aforementioned forum when looking for a VPS, I figured it only fair for me to post a quick review of the service.

I think it can be summed up in "So far so good", so if you are a less enthusiastic reader you may as well look no further.

My VPS has been down for 4 hours this month, in one big block, which hasn't effected me because I am only developing websites and could do with the forced rest Obviously other may find this a bit more infuriating but fingers crossed they have fixed the problem...

The support I have received has been excellent, with 5 lengthy support tickets burdening their team from me alone. Most of these tickets have been for assistance outside the stated "Support Policy", but as I didn't read the TOS until just recently, I blindly submitted them and wasn't charged anything for it.

I don't think the company is that big, as the DNS records show JAKE from support as the website owner... but that's probably why I got such quick support with the random questions I asked (Mostly about cPanel setup if anyone is interested).

So... In general, I am very pleased with the value and service of the company thus far and as I havn't utilised anywhere my limits, I guess they are happy with me too haha.

Hello Digg,

Thank you for your comments, we are happy with all our clients
    The down time issue has been resolved and we don't expect to get this repeated as this was a very rare occurrence.

The response time is due to the excellent team we have, not due to the size of our company.

If you haven't done so already, please verify your domain with the Mods using the report button to the top right of your post.

Regards

Kudos to Jake and his team!

Keep up the good work, every starting and newer companys have hiccups, it shows that they offer a true service

Keep us posted!
    FusionNET Solutions
    OpenVZ & XEN VPS available in US & UK.
    IRC & Adult Allowed, RDNS Control, 24/7 Helpdesk, VPN Ready, Native IPv6 Ready!

What is your domain hosted with them, and what package do you have with them?

Best of luck.

Glad your having a good time, i guess your not on the same servers as me as I've had nothing but problems, and when they put up a test vps on the other server ( same one as you ) everything worked fine, but i did not wish to keep that one, as it was very very slow from the UK, where my clients are based! and i requested a cancellation and refund, but its been 4 days and still nothing the VPS is still active. i think (but not 100% sure) its a 1 man show company, with just different accounts on Support, as when Jake told me to email billing for refund, i did and the same tech people answered... so its very confusing! They also said Jake isn't working at the moment, and i cant get a refund because HE only has access to PayPal, which to me is unprofessional, outsource support? maybe.. Seems Jake does own it, and hes from the UK.. I don't want to PayPal dispute it, but its going to leave me no option soon!

I had so many problems that my next invoice ($50) was going to be free...

Glad your VPS is doing well for you Digg.

they are indeed a nice company, but just the node i was on for some reason constantly had problems, i thought they was going to delete and redo it, but i think they just reinstalled the OS/cPanel for me
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by MartynD View Post

they are indeed a nice company, but just the node i was on for some reason constantly had problems, i thought they was going to delete and redo it, but i think they just reinstalled the os/cpanel for me
    Which Node are you in?

In Florida

Node: VPS02

well thats the information it tells me
    Martyn

Jake I am willing to buy VPS, do you have any IM ? would like to clear few doubts.

Thanks for sharing your experience about that company

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustubh View Post
    Jake I am willing to buy VPS, do you have any IM ? would like to clear few doubts.
    If you have any questions feel free to open a Pre-Sales ticket on our support system.
    Rishi - GenVPS.com - sales[at]genvps.com
    Managed VPS Solutions with 24x7 Support
    Follow us on Twitter @GenVPS

3 months now (maybe more)

So... 3 Months with the company now and they are still going which is brilliant

Sorry if I can't make the post more interesting but there really has been no problems. All my support tickets have been answered fairly quickly (1-2 hours tops!) and my VPS performance is still strong.

I'm on their platinum plan and still not using anywhere near my bandwidth allowance.

As an added bonus, when Jake realised I wasn't being billed for WHMCS, he just added it to next months bill and said he would shoulder the cost from previous months, Fantastic!

I would highly rate this company for their excellent customer service, and have told all of my friends to use them!!!!

5 STAR
    Simon,

Thank you, Digg.

We're glad you're still finding our service to be up to scratch and we're sure you're good experience will continue.

Regards