Angry good offshore/free content host?

Hello

I'm a webmaster of local (Iraqi) gaming forums

few days ago the host got BIG security issues so we decided to move

BUT since its local site and most of our members are from Iraq there is download section to share download links for full games etc...

and since we don't have any laws about digital copyrights i cant close or forbid such content

so am looking for a good offshore hosting or a good host in europe if possible which allow this type of content ??

well.. i can move to any big host company thy probably wont find out since its in Arabic

but better safe than sorry

any idea?

P.S: i don't want offers i want answers from experience

Thanks

Well I think anytime you go with a web host that lets people host copyrighted materiel on their servers you are going to run into service/security problems (but that is just an observation I have made through the years). Not really sure if there is such a thing as a reputable "offshore" shared host, but maybe im wrong?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

the host was just free space to start with from a guy with small server in exchange for an AD banner and the security issues targeted him not us but since hes the host.... our site got effected

now we started and the site is growing we need to move

but what you said is true and that is why am looking around carefully

i can easily trick any host by hiding the section or even just let it be in Arabic most hosts wont know but i like to keep it clear between me and the host

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed90 View Post
    i can easily trick any host by hiding the section or even just let it be in Arabic most hosts wont know but i like to keep it clear between me and the host
    I doubt that, even though the content on your site will be in a different language. The activity that is usually generated from those types of websites will raise many flags with any reputable web host (at least those with active system administrators).

Either way, I definitely appreciate your honesty by not trying to pull a fast one on anybody
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics

I doubt that, even though the content on your site will be in a different language. The activity that is usually generated from those types of websites will raise many flags with any reputable web host (at least those with active system administrators).
    not really i know alot Arabic sites hosted by different well known web hosts (including hostgator ) and thy are working with no problems since looooooong time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed90 View Post
    not really i know alot Arabic sites hosted by different well known web hosts (including hostgator ) and thy are working with no problems since looooooong time..
    Keep in mind I did not say well known, I said reputable

Although HG is not the worst, I wouldn't doubt that you would be able to sneak a site like that past their admins (they are hosting over a million domain names).

The (aware) hosts that would let you skate by without raising a fuss over the site might not be the best people to be in business with. As Fern pointed out the more reputable hosts more than likely won't allow you on their network (assuming they find out). You raise a good point about them not knowing because of the language barrier so it is likely you can pull a fast one on a good number of hosts. Just be aware by pirating the games you hamper the gaming companies ability to release and improve upon future titles (not to mention drive the cost of for the rest of us). Just thought I'd play devil's advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanQuinn View Post
    Just be aware by pirating the games you hamper the gaming companies ability to release and improve upon future titles (not to mention drive the cost of for the rest of us). Just thought I'd play devil's advocate.
    its not pirates site is just 1 small section for clean links in Iraq there is only pirated softwares/games there is no legit content in the markets

that is why i cant close or forbid this content there is no Arabic webmaster can forbid this on a Members based site like forums etc..

so i cant do anything about it..

Some underground hosts in other forums allow such content in their servers. They even ignore any DMCA Notices. Most of their servers are located in Russia or Netherlands. Better check it out.

ye Netherlands would be good

still am trying to make the site owners agree to close this section

Whatever you find I recommend you get in touch with prospective web host and ask about opportunity to host that kind of content there.
    That might save lots of your time.