Max No Of Emails To Send To Hotmail etc.. per hour?

Hi Guys,

We have a dedicated server which where going to be doing email marketing with with one of our UK mailing lists of over 1 million. Can i ask whats the maximum number of emails the server should send per hour to Email Service Providers such as Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo before the IPs get blocked?

Also I've edited the EXIM code in cPanel/WHM so the mailing server will be sending the emails from 11 different IP addresses, so for example it will send 1 email from 1 IP and then the next email from another IP and so on...

Also does it go off the IP or the hostname of the server that gets banned depending on the number of emails that are sent per hour?

If anyone could get back to me that would be great.

Thanks

Maybe setting up a cronjob to email the first batch at X:XXAM then next batch at X:XXPM and so on would be a solution.

We already do our mailing via cron jobs, but what im trying to find out if whats the maximum number of emails i should send per hour to esp like hotmail etc...

Thanks

I have a vbulletin forum that sends out hundreds of e-mails to hotmail every hour.

To be honest i never experienced any problems with Hotmail accepting e-mails from my server.

I do check logs of exim often to see if there is an error, but, so for did not find any.

Do you have any problems sending e-mail to Hotmail?

Make sure you have rDNS on all IPS that are sending out e-mails, valid SPF records, domainkeys, etc.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, yea you will never get a problem with only sending a few hundred a hour, but when you have a large mailing list then sending something like 15,000 emails an hour may not be good. But thats what im trying to find out

My servers can send 3,000 an hour no problem to Windows Live etc... but what im trying to work out is the max i CAN send per hour before esp block the IPs.

Thanks

I agree, that is totally different story.

Hope somebody else will be able to help you more.

Good luck!

Instead of trying to dodge the system with 11 IPs, why not contact Hotmail / Gmail / Yahoo and get yourself (and 1 IP) registered as a bulk emailer? If what you're sending is legit, 1 IP should do it.

I think that their anti-spam systems are very advanced.
    They are going to notice that same/very similar emails are being sent from 11 IPs which is suspicious.
    I know hotmail treat new IP's that havent sent mail before, and suddenly start sending alot of mail as spam.
    High Quality Web Hosting from Host Ultra
    Visit us online at www.hostultra.com

Quote Originally Posted by Host Ultra View Post
    They are going to notice that same/very similar emails are being sent from 11 IPs which is suspicious.
    Exactly right. Using 11 or 1100 IPs is pointless - They'll catch it on the sending domain name. Contacting them first and being upfront about it (providing it's a legitimate mailing list) is the only safe way to go (with the usual reservations about Yahoo having a member of staff with a brain on duty on the day you contact them )

What is the limit on my Hotmail account

If you are a new free user, you might be limited to as low as 10 max recipients limit which is a temporary restriction and is upgraded to the 100 max recipients limit as soon as the user establishes credibility in the system (through email usage over period of time). If you are a paid user, you can add up to 100 recipients to an outgoing email.

Is that what you needed?

If its sending too hotmail im unsure, i doubt it would be very many though.

Hi Guys,

Already registered as a bulk mailer

Yea i understand everything about the IPs, Hotmail, Yahoo etc.. already know the IPs of which the emails will be coming from

Thanks

don't dream much about getting emails in hotmail or yahoo inboxes, even if you used 1k of IPs your emails will get deferred for sure.

one way to get your thousands or million of emails going thru is by paying couple or more of thousands to returnpath.com or similar company who will share it with who recommend them i mean ( yahoo or hotmail)...

Good luck
    Chicago VPS | Gigabit uplink host90.com

OpenVPN VPS spidervpn.com