* Stablehost Honest Review

I have been with stablehost (not quite suit for its name) for 8 months now. Frankly the quality of service was pretty good at first few month, After December it has gotten worse and slower. I am constantly experiencing longer downtime and slower response time. It is not 99% uptime guaranteed as advertised.

Please check the detail uptime report by pingdom.

<stats.pingdom.com/irwbk3obf1gm/208945/history>

This is exactly what I politely ask them for help.
    "I know nobody like to hear complaining, just do not take it personally. I would appreciate your comments and help."
    Unfortunately, their rep Ryan could not stand for any complains or arguments.

Here it is what he replied "We monitor every minute, therefore if your numbers don't match ours, it's most likely due to you being throttled by the CPU due to excessive CPU usage"
    "Excessive CPU usage", give me a break. Honestly, I am only have this host to build a testing site. I barely use it and never made it public. Except I have pingdom to check my site for uptime and MYSQL connections every mins.

I did not pay my Feb invoice which for service period 02/17/2011-03/16/2011. I did not pay for it because of January downtime I experienced. They immediately suspend my account. I could not even login to my account to back up my data.
    On Mar 12 I got another invoice for 03/17/2011 - 04/16/2011. In hoping to restore my service and back up my data, I stupidly paid for this invoice.

Despite the comments I show them and the service charge that I paid, They refuse to restore my service unless I paid for the Feb invoice ( Service which I never used). I then requested to cancel my account and refund my service charge that I paid in advance.
    Guess how ridiculous they replied "We will apply your March payment towards your overdue Feb invoice."

"We still use up disk space and processing power to keep your website backed up, it still costs us money." That is stupidest thing to said to an unsatisfied customer.This is misleading.

You guys sent me an invoice for march and it is clearly stated that it is for service from march 17 to April 16th.

I am paying for service for march and I want a refund. And I did not want to pay for Feb invoice. Obviously I did not use the service on Feb. Cz you guys suspended my account.
    I certainly do not like this kind of attitude in customer service. It is not about the money, It is about the service and gratitude and respect.

Be aware and good luck everyone with "stablehost"

Feng

---------------------------------------
    "When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps
    to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams- this may be
    madness. To seek treasure where others see only trash? Too much sanity
    may be madness. And maddest of all, to see life as it is, and not as it
    should be."
    -Cervantes
    ---------------------------------------

Hello Feng -

Thanks for posting this review about us. I'd like to clear some things up. It shows according to your pingdom results that your site was completely offline for 2 months straight.

Your pingdom: http://stats.pingdom.com/irwbk3obf1gm/208945/history
    Ours: http://www.pingdom.com/reports/vhmpf...stablehost.com

We haven't had any outages (lasting more then a few minutes) on the server you are on, we have tens of thousands of customers and this is really the only bad review we've ever received. I'd imagine if we had a server down for 2 months, we'd be flooded with complaints.

It shows that you're checking pingdom with a custom HTTP setting, which means you're trying to match a certain word on a page and if that word isn't on there it shows it's offline.

Can you please take screen shots of how you configured Pingdom and also take a screen shot of the advanced history why Pingdom feels it's down (if it's because the server is unreachable, or if it couldn't find that page)

It does look like your pingdom is misconfigured as we mentioned, we haven't had a server down for an hour, let alone 2 months.

As far as your unpaid invoice, you were suspended for not paying your Feb invoice. Since you didn't cancel your account, you would need to pay any hosting invoices that were generated while you're website was still on our servers if you wanted us to re-enable your website. I hope this makes sense.

I look forwarding to working with you to get this resolved and hopefully fix your pingdom reporting data.

Thanks!
    Last edited by stablehost; 03-29-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feliza View Post
    I did not pay my Feb invoice which for service period 02/17/2011-03/16/2011. I did not pay for it because of January downtime I experienced. They immediately suspend my account. I could not even login to my account to back up my data.
    On Mar 12 I got another invoice for 03/17/2011 - 04/16/2011. In hoping to restore my service and back up my data, I stupidly paid for this invoice.
    Well, if you didn't feel you should have paid, you should have discussed this with them and gotten a credit. If their own internal and external monitoring did not demonstrate any issues I would think that you should have worked with them to figure out what the cause was. You've not provided much detail beyond a short bit about talking with a "Ryan" and if that's all that was said and done then I'd say that both parties really failed to bring their facts to the table.

I would like to assume more was said than you included in this thread, would that be correct?

Short story: when you don't pay your invoice - you get suspended.

Despite the comments I show them and the service charge that I paid, They refuse to restore my service unless I paid for the Feb invoice ( Service which I never used). I then requested to cancel my account and refund my service charge that I paid in advance.
    Guess how ridiculous they replied "We will apply your March payment towards your overdue Feb invoice."
    Most services that I know of will apply any payments made to your first due balance as most of them keep a running total of the balance due and will not resume services until that balance is paid in full once you've been suspended.

I don't really see your issue with their billing support as it's entirely different from the standard support department and as far as they see, you had a service that you failed to pay for and as such it was suspended. You paid one of your two overdue invoices which did not bring the account current so I don't know why you'd expect it to be re-activated for you.

You may simply ask to have the issue(s) escalated to the next level of support perhaps?

"We still use up disk space and processing power to keep your website backed up, it still costs us money." That is stupidest thing to said to an unsatisfied customer.This is misleading.
    I'm guessing that you're just wanting backups of your account (suggestion: keep your own backups periodically) and as such you and they both know that once your account is activated you're very quickly going to no longer be a customer.

Now, don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean they shouldn't provide you with a backup which I would certainly request if that's what you are after. It is quite possible that they will ask you to settle the account before they will provide your data to you - beyond that - I'd consider myself lucky if they still have your data as most providers will terminate your data if you're over a month past due.

You guys sent me an invoice for march and it is clearly stated that it is for service from march 17 to April 16th.
    Indeed, however, your account balance was not satisfied and as such services were not resumed - it's a fairly simple concept.

I am paying for service for march and I want a refund. And I did not want to pay for Feb invoice. Obviously I did not use the service on Feb. Cz you guys suspended my account.
    There is a difference between you canceling your account and not using it for that month and them suspending it and keeping it on the server. You feel that it's ridiculous that you should pay for storage on an account that is suspended but I can tell you that storage does actually cost a provider money even if that's all you're using. There is a reason, for example, "Unlimited" hosts have file count limits and don't allow you to use the space for backups, file dumps, etc... Because that space is limited and expensive. What you use (even if not actively making use of it) does cost them money although it may be a bit hard to comprehend as an end user.

I certainly do not like this kind of attitude in customer service. It is not about the money, It is about the service and gratitude and respect.
    Are they treating you disrespectfully in the tickets? As near as I can tell this is what is happening (but correct me if I'm wrong):

1. You were unhappy with the service due to downtime reported on your end.
    2. You contacted the provider, they disputed your downtime reports stating that their internal reports showed no issues and that they had no other complaints.
    3. You got mad, and chose not to pay for the service and it was suspended for over a month.
    4. You decided you wanted a backup so you paid a 2nd month overdue, leaving a balance still due, and expected the service to be resumed.
    5. They require you to clear your outstanding balance before resuming service and you don't think that this is "fair".

Honestly - if your backup is all you're after - then ask for it.

Be aware and good luck everyone with "stablehost"
    They have at least several hundred (or more) customers of which I am sure are probably very happy. From what you've said - it looks to me like your expectations and reality simply differ as to how a billing department would handle an overdue and suspended account.

Perhaps you can provide more detail as to what is going on because you've been fairly vague, imho.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

OP, you need to realize that you cannot just make up your own SLA and not pay an invoice because of downtime indicated by your own monitoring which may not be accurate.