Exclamation question about windows license.

Hello,

we would like to get some windows license to our vps.

we have rent few servers at US.

it seem if i want to get the license, i will need to get SPLA license form microsoft right ?

but it seem microsoft not offer windows 2003 anymore, is there any chance to get 2003 ?

Yes you need a SPLA provider ideally, and yes 2003 is still 100% available.

But be aware you need to get the licenses from your host, as you can't simply just rent licenses and obtain the keys from any host as that is against TOS. (Why would a host give you their license key(s) anyways?)

Quote Originally Posted by Motiv View Post
    Yes you need a SPLA provider ideally, and yes 2003 is still 100% available.

But be aware you need to get the licenses from your host, as you can't simply just rent licenses and obtain the keys from any host as that is against TOS. (Why would a host give you their license key(s) anyways?)
    Thanks mate, because i'm using softlayer, but they told me that...they do not offer windows vps license, and they told me that i will need to get license form microsoft SPLA

I guess they would provide the license for the host physical server itself, but not your individual virtual machines? Maybe if they managed your virtual environment they would offer licensing on a per VM basis, however I don't know if they offer that sort of management.

Quote Originally Posted by Motiv View Post
    I guess they would provide the license for the host physical server itself, but not your individual virtual machines? Maybe if they managed your virtual environment they would offer licensing on a per VM basis, however I don't know if they offer that sort of management.
    you are correct . they do not provide any license for vps / VM, of couse, if you need windows 2003 / 2008, they will get the license to your physical server only.

Well I know it isn't what you want to hear, but you may need to find a new enterprise provider to suit your needs. Someone who will offer you a private cloud type solution that is managed, so that you can rent your Windows licenses even for the virtual machines from the company.

Quote Originally Posted by plesk002 View Post
    Hello,

we would like to get some windows license to our vps.

we have rent few servers at US.

it seem if i want to get the license, i will need to get SPLA license form microsoft right ?

but it seem microsoft not offer windows 2003 anymore, is there any chance to get 2003 ?
    You can get a Windows 2003, only you need to find SPLA Partner and send a email.

For example: If you're from a US then you can contact HP or Dell(please check windows spla partner page)
    Dewlance® Cheap Windows VPS - Chicago/Orlando/Vegas/AZ - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    Super Cheap Annually Shared Hosting - Canada/US/UK

Thanks mate, because i'm using softlayer, but they told me that...they do not offer windows vps license, and they told me that i will need to get license form microsoft SPLA
    You can rent server with Windows Data Center license and have windows license for VPS on the server covered.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
    You can get a Windows 2003, only you need to find SPLA Partner and send a email.

For example: If you're from a US then you can contact HP or Dell(please check windows spla partner page)

Thanks, because we are not at US, that's why this will make us difficult

i have asked our local SPLA, that told me that.the license will not work for US server...

i have asked our local SPLA, that told me that.the license will not work for US server...
    That's not the case. The licenses work anywhere(that's from my experience), you just need to get them from a SPLA reseller from your country.
    CurlHost - Affordable VPS/Dedicated Servers!
    Multiple Locations! We're right beside you!

Thanks, because we are not at US, that's why this will make us difficult

Who said?
    License is a license at the end of the day, should work anywhere.