Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi there,

I to was after the same as you and I found it with http://www.servint.net their prices are higher than others but their service is un-real. I have only had to open 3 tickets and they where all answered in under 10minutes with quality detailed answers directly relating to my question (no copy and paste rubbish here).

I did find a coupon for them as well (google it) that gave 50% off for the first 3months which makes it about $25 for the first 3months so give it a try at that price you can't go wrong and if its not as good as I say it is then you can cancel I know for one I wouldn't go to many other hosts.

The only other one worth a mention is wiredtree I did have an account with them and they too where awesome and very understanding friendly staff couldn't really fault them.

Quote Originally Posted by tryaxiom View Post
    It seems to me a cut-price, lower efficiency, less customer friendly method of dealing with support. What can be done in a five minute phone conversation could take an hour via ticket replies even if the response is quick.

It appears I may be the only one who thinks that this tortured back and forth ticketing in the hosting business is like playing tennis on the ocean floor.
    I take the opposite view; as a user, I can't imagine taking time out of my schedule to spend on phone support. Trading information, settings and code and such, is easier in text than in conversation. It also helps, I guess, that I hate talking on the phone.

Trading code and passwords may be easier electronically, but I've never had to exchange code with the host (I don't bother my host with coding questions). Even if I did, live chat has got to be better than email. Email puts the user at a distinct disadvantage as he doesn't know even that his message has arrived till he gets a reply (much less if it has been understood correctly).

I disagree that explaining the problem is best done in text.

twiggy99, servint was one of the two hosts I tried. Even cut and paste replies were taking them over 10 minutes per reply in chat because they were unusually busy. That happened twice, on two different days, at two different times and they said they were unusually busy on both occasions - the only two times I tried their support. I was not impressed by that.

Jedito, thanks again. Yes, uptime can be checked. I'd be interested in any more information you have on checking hosts' average response times. I don't believe I've come across that anywhere.
    Some hosts make that information public, some other keep it private, you can ask them anyway.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

What's the point of asking a host? He's hardly the one going to hand out impartial information. They use all kinds of fiddles and tricks in calculating their own stats!

Patrick who owns and runs http://www.040hosting.eu has been very active on this forum and is well-known for his dedication and willingness to help out on almost all hosting relaetd issues.

Their semi dedicated packages might be something for you to consider.

However, it might be a good idea to clear FrontPage support issues before signing up...

Best of luck finding a good solution!
    Last edited by bergholt; 05-12-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: corrected grammar mistake

In all seriousness, if you're looking for top quality shared hosting, some names that come to mind are medialayer, liquid web, and knownhost shared hosting.
    Last edited by Question Everything; 05-13-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Give medialayer.com a try.
    I use medialayer for about 15 months and very happy with them.
    Here is my review.

One big problem with phone support anyone with an older frequency radio can get your info if you're using a wireless phone. Trust me this happens with credit card info all the time.

Go with Downtownhost or Medialayer, been a customer of both for years.

The moment I see the title of this thread I know it's going to be active It's great cause of all the recommendations. I'm visiting some sites to check them out. Haven't heard of some of these players before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12