Exclamation Will these nameservers Work?

Can someone please guide me on this:

1. I have a domain e.g www.myhostingdomain.com which is hosted with a vps provider using nameservers like ns1.somenameserver.com .

I sign up with another vps provider and they give me nameservers pertaining to my vps as ns1.myhostingdomain.com & ns2.myhostingdomain.com

I host a website ( www.AnyClientSite.com )on the new vps .

The question is will the above nameservers work for this new client site without any modification at the domain www.myhostingdomain.com .

I think it should work for your new website. But if you change something in your ns1.myhostingdomain.com & ns2.myhostingdomain.com or your domain myhostingdomain.com expires then there may be some problem. You just need to point to www.AnyClientSite.com to nameserver:ns1.myhostingdomain.com & ns2.myhostingdomain.com

What i have researched means that these will not work unless i create glue records for the new nameservers of the new vps at the domain control panel of www.myhostingdomain.com . And these new nameservers will have to be like ns3.myhostingdomain.com ns4.myhostingdomain.com . Otherwise i will need to implement dns clustering which is quite complex and requires a separate server for its implementation.

Will work; however you need to propagate your nameservers with your domain registrar.
    Also you can use a DNS service pointed to the VPS ip.
    Hopes this help you.
    Online power for online people!

@powerdot... Does it mean nameservers of my first host can work with my hosting account with the second host and any number of servers i add with as many hosts?

Quote Originally Posted by mana333 View Post
    @powerdot... Does it mean nameservers of my first host can work with my hosting account with the second host and any number of servers i add with as many hosts?
    Yes, if you have nameservers up and running on your first VPS you can use those nameservers to contain DNS records for domains hosted on your second VPS.
    Skeptic Hosting
    Promoting a reality-based lifestyle choice
    Hosting by invitation only, nothing for sale

ecommerce web developers | eCommerce web development

The nameservers ns1.myhostingdomain.com & ns2.myhostingdomain.com should work for your new website. It seems ones the domain is expired and then renewed it, sometimes the nameservers get changed and will be not be updated. You can the check the nameserves of the domain by doing whois or contact your DNS service provider and check it.

There is no problem if new site is using ns: ns1.myhostingdomain.com & ns2.myhostingdomain.com.