Reasons not to buy an iPad

I have decided that I need a tablet, I need to read the tech blogs, and improve my knowledge.

Why shouldn't I buy an iPad, first or second version?

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ipad-ipa...ews-10393.html

I can live with all the reasons stated above in the link, but most importantly the competitors are more expensive and slow to launch outside the US.

If you have a laptop then ask yourself...what task you can't do in your laptop which is doable in iPad. (pls don't tell me that you need some mac application - that's common sense I guess). Portability is not a big deal.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

I commute to work on the train every day for 1.5 hours. Currently I read blogs on my 4 inch android phone but it is too small.

Quote Originally Posted by hellind2 View Post
    I commute to work on the train every day for 1.5 hours. Currently I read blogs on my 4 inch android phone but it is too small.
    Actually that sounds like a perfect case for an iPad to me. A laptop is probably too bulky for the train and a phone is too small to read comfortably. If you're looking for the simplest way to read the internet (and in a comfortable way too) then this is the way to go.

And another thing, those five reasons not to by an iPad are, for most users, just five ways the iPad could have been a little bit better. Do we want a higher resolution screen? You bet, but does it make it useless not to have one? Nope, and it's not like anyone else is selling high resolution tablets anyway.
    Last edited by michcolo; 03-29-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: and another thing...

I'm sure on the advert for the IPad in the UK its actually based on a train.

Buy an android tablet. Viewsonic gtablet is a good choice.
    VimHost█ Providing Web Hosting since 2003: 13 Years of Dedication to our customers ~ Premium Hosting in Canada
    Email Hosting | RTMP Hosting | FFMPEG Hosting

Ipad is nice. but only free version.
    I prefer to have a notebook

go for an andriod tablet, unless you need all the iPad applications.

Quote Originally Posted by rednightman View Post
    Ipad is nice. but only free version.
    I prefer to have a notebook
    There is a free version? :O where has this been hiding?

An iPad is pretty pointless, if you need to work mobile you have a laptop, if you need something for travelling then you get an netbook.
    You only get an iPad if you cannot work a PC and need a great user interface, or you just want pictures, movies and music (ipod) on a larger screen.
    Follow me on Twitter: @conrjac

The biggest turn offs are the lack of SD card support and the display and the price. 1024x768 isn't much these days. I also have an emergency tracfone in my glove box that takes better pics then the ipad. pretty sad.
    Something awesome
    coming soon....

Quote Originally Posted by ninkynonk View Post
    The biggest turn offs are the lack of SD card support and the display and the price. 1024x768 isn't much these days. I also have an emergency tracfone in my glove box that takes better pics then the ipad. pretty sad.
    Better pictures than the frontcam? That makes sense as it was really only intended for video chat usage, etc.

ipad 2nd cam--->960x720p camera
    my emergency phone--->1280x960 camera
    Something awesome
    coming soon....

If you have a iPhone then just don't buy an iPad. They are EXACTLY the same. I have a iPhone, and purchased a iPad at Wally World, and returned it 3 days later. Practically every APP you can get on the iPad is available on the iPhone. The iPad is not very comfortable to hold.. It has a nice UI, but thats pretty much it. Buy a netbook instead.

Reasons for not buying an ipad

Made by apple

Reasons for buying an ipad

How is one meant to sustain one's coolness without the latest exceedingly well-marketed fashion accessory that all the other cool people rush out and buy ... You just HAVE to own one or risk being dumped by all your friends cos you're a total loser

But remember, as soon as the new version comes out you gotta rush out and buy that one before anyone else cos the one you already got has now become nothing more than an expensive beermat

7inch vs 10inch

Quote Originally Posted by bluemer View Post
    The iPad is not very comfortable to hold.
    That could be a problem if one is holding it in one hand for reading. A 7-inch tablet could be better but the screen size is not as big for browsing.

I bought an iPad for some casual browsing and to watch movies when traveling, both which it does just fine. Turns out I also reply e-mail on it more frequently than I expected, which is a nice bonus.

I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about it though: reasons NOT to buy something. Why not list your requirements/wishes instead and then see which tablet matches that most closely?

I have the Belkin setup for ours, it has a hand grip on the back which makes it great in the colos. For quick access to things it is great, it is a tablet though not a computer replacement. They have made response times quicker when we are on site since we aren't having to log into laptops/desktops and tickets can be responded to easily sitting in front of the rack when you are on the floor.

Get the tablet that you are comfortable with would be my advice, all of our desktops/laptops are Mac now so the iPad was a no brainer. If you are a PC shop you might like the Androids better, the new Motorola one is very nice.

i personally have the Ipad and it is very nice with the 3g service for long trips of being able to handle emails support tickets reviewing documents and much more with apps installed i can handle alot of issues with hosting. I relize i could do more with a laptop but traveling this is much better since i dont have to plug in after 2 hours or less.

I never have a reason to buy anything made by Apple.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Thanks for sharing! You've made a great contribution to this thread!

You're welcome.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

An ipad is for people who dont want to work :-)

It is a great excuse..."well you see I did not have a laptop with me, just the ipad so i wasnt able to get that powerpoint presentation ready for you" (roll eyes)

I don't think there is any reason of not to buy iPad-2.

Quote Originally Posted by hellind2 View Post
    I have decided that I need a tablet, I need to read the tech blogs, and improve my knowledge.

Why shouldn't I buy an iPad, first or second version?

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ipad-ipa...ews-10393.html

I can live with all the reasons stated above in the link, but most importantly the competitors are more expensive and slow to launch outside the US.

It's the only tablet on the market that's got a mature OS, works as advertised, is reasonably priced and won't frustrate the living hell out of you.

The post above by 'Ecky' are hilarious... yeah, I'll tell my 60 year old mother who won't put down the iPad I bought her recently that it's actually just a fashionable piece of crap and she's wrong for liking it. The fact she hasn't turned on her PC in the last 3 weeks definitely has everything to do with the badge on the back and nothing to do with that it's just so much easier for her to use. In fact, given that it's an original iPad and not the new one, I might's well just put it in the bin, right?

If you look around, there are so many android OS tablets for around £150 that are much higher spec than the original iPad. A software engineer I know just brought an Android 2.2 A-pad and swears by it, never see him off it and he usually is quite picky.

No need for a tablet myself though, laptop and Blackberry are all I need for the time being.

I enjoy my iPad; I use it for books, web browsing, and streaming netflix when I'm "On the go".

To be honest, I see the Blackberry tablet as having more potential.
    Especially since the merge with Microsoft.

I never thought I would buy an iPad as thought the concept was a load of rubbish when it came out.

I now have an ipad2 and use it every day, it's a fantastic bit of kit, especially when I can use issh and maintain a list of all the servers I manage with openssh keys. If I need to connect to a server, wherever I am I can just tap the server and I'm logged in.

Go get one!

I have an iPad, and a Asus Eee Transform TF101, that comes with Android 3.0. The Android 3.0 market place is an absolute waste and the new UI is awful. I guess that's what they get for hiring someone from Palm. I feel like I'm playing with someone straight out of the movie Wall-E.

So, I just bought an iPad 2. I'm pretty excited about it.

I think you should go for an andriod tablet that will satisfied you...!