Hostable....Not Scam

(Sorry, I made a mistake.)
    Last edited by jerrychenme; 03-28-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Ok, not sure what to say?
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by jerrychenme View Post
    (Sorry, I made a mistake.)
    I got the same e-mail and was going to make a comment about it to.... Then came the 2nd e-mail.

1st email:

Thank you for signing up at Hostable and giving us a try. There has been some confusion about a few aspects of our service that I would like to clarify.

1. We are *NOT* over-subscribing or over-selling this service. Hostable is owned by Brinkster, and we have been in this business for 12 years. Our intention is to provide you with high quality service and support so that you will want to renew and stay with us!

2. Your account will renew for 3 months (not 3 years) at the rate of $6.99 per month – you can login to your account and verify this. We will be offering discounts and incentives that will save you additional money. We made this change to help you understand that we are not trying to force you to pay us $250 USD when your account renews in three years.

3. We removed the miscellaneous fees and the $35 Early Termination Fee from sections 5.05 and 5.09 of the Terms of Service. You will not be charged these fees.

4. Hostable is 100% Wind Powered and you can add a cool green badge to your website for free. See them here .

Please tell your friends about Hostable and help us spread the word about this awesome deal and send us a “like” on Facebook .

Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help in any way!

Thank you,

Jared Stauffer
    CEO, Hostable.com

PS – Don't forget to get a green badge for your website!
    Followed by the 2nd e-mail

Please understand - you are still getting 3 YEARS of free hosting! The only change we made was that you will now renew for 3 months instead of 3 years!

ONLY the renewal changed. We did not change the initial 3 year free time period.

Many of you did not like that the account would renew for another 3 years after your first 3 years for free. So we changed that to 3 months. Now the renewal is $20.97 USD instead of $250 USD.

I apologize for any confusion this caused.

Thank you,

Jared Stauffer
    CEO, Hostable.com

PS – Don't forget to get a green badge for your website!

From reading the 1st e-mail... I thought they had decided to cancel their deal and start billing me right away for 3 months of hosting. Then came the 2nd e-mail, which just cleared up that original concern.

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

And I bet we can thank WHT -- and support inquiries like mine -- for this en-masse public clarification. I"m not expecting anything, but I'm willing to give them a shot. The price was right, after all.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I was pretty confused after reading the first email, however the second email definitely does a better job of explaining what they are planning to do. Still seems like a risky endeavor for hostable and for clients who are looking for dependable hosting. Im curious to see how it will all play out for them in a few years. Personally, I think its a good recipe for disaster, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Recipe for disaster? Yeah, I'd agree.
    What I want to see is how good the cooks, servers and dishwashers are.

I'm reminded of old tales about stone soup or moose turd pie.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisitors View Post
    I got the same e-mail and was going to make a comment about it to.... Then came the 2nd e-mail.

1st email:

From reading the 1st e-mail... I thought they had decided to cancel their deal and start billing me right away for 3 months of hosting. Then came the 2nd e-mail, which just cleared up that original concern.
    Hi,

Do I need to register a domain? If yes, do I register thru them or another party? To register thru them, need to pay about $12 but pay less than $10 thru namecheap.

Can I use a domain from co.cc?

No you dont, yes you can.

I'm subscribed to this thread but I don't even have any posts in it?

An artifact from a mod cleaning, maybe?
    || Need a good host?
    ||

Yeah must be that. The thread might as well have been deleted as no one can make out anything from the title and subject.

Mine still 3 years

Just checked it. take a look at 'next due date'

Registration Date: 04/26/2011
    Product/Service: Hostable - Unlimited Hosting Plan
    Domain: ****.*.hostable.me
    Shell Access: No
    Dedicated IP: No
    Payment Method: PayPal
    First Payment Amount: $0.99 USD
    Recurring Amount: $20.97 USD
    Next Due Date: 04/26/2014
    Billing Cycle: Quarterly
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisitors View Post

1st email:

This thread is old... very old.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    This thread is old... very old.
    Yes, 1 month ago.
    I just looking for some hostable review and found this thread.
    And IMHO, hostable is not scam, so i replied this thread.

Hostable is most deinately a scam. After my account got suspended I did a bit of digging and found they have terminated a number of accounts recently and they site the same reason every time "malicious scripts or content" but then they lock the account so you can't go back and have a look for yourself.

You might argue that maybe it is down to a spate of hacking but in that case you have to question their security.

Do your due dilligence and you will see that hostable is a scam.

We've had a couple of clients with them for a couple of years now and have never had to send in a support ticket for either client.

They must be doing something right.

I hope they are good. I like their name "hostable"

Quote Originally Posted by Marabas View Post
    Hostable is most deinately a scam. After my account got suspended I did a bit of digging and found they have terminated a number of accounts recently and they site the same reason every time "malicious scripts or content" but then they lock the account so you can't go back and have a look for yourself.

You might argue that maybe it is down to a spate of hacking but in that case you have to question their security.

Have you contacted them to see if they can help you resolve this issue?

Have you considered not replying to every thread about the company from two years ago on the forum like a spammer?

These days, the weakest point of server security is from those running unsafe versions of WordPress, Joomla, MyBB, and other CMS and forums. Quite often, nulled plugins, themes, or the CMS itself comes loaded down with nasties. So between your ranting, and that fact, I'd have to side with Hostable at this time. (Though feel free to convince me otherwise; it can happen if given ample reason and evidence.)

My Hostable account has been fine.
    || Need a good host?
    ||

This is from last year. Why was their 2 threads saying scam/not a scam?

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    Because apparently when somebody has a story to tell, instead of opening up a new thread they decide to tell their story as a response to a 1-year thread already created regarding the same host.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon N View Post
    Because apparently when somebody has a story to tell, instead of opening up a new thread they decide to tell their story as a response to a 1-year thread already created regarding the same host.
    Got it. At least everyone seems to have good things to say about this host now. I don't know them.

I had a big issue with a host last year and left the thread alone. Months later people started adding to it because they were starting to have issues and also finding out things that weren't making sense. It's just this one seemed odd. Time to unsubscribe

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    They offered like a 3 year hosting deal for $10 or something to get a bunch of customers.

http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/...s/hostable.com

Doesn't look like it worked out for them, they got like 9000 accounts in the matter of 30 days and it's been slowly declining ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post
    They offered like a 3 year hosting deal for $10 or something to get a bunch of customers.

Doesn't look like it worked out for them, they got like 9000 accounts in the matter of 30 days and it's been slowly declining ever since.
    That's nuts. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post

In that case I wonder how that $1 for a year of Unlimited Hosting is doing for iPage..