Hybrid View

How to keep website on front page of Search Engines

How many backlinks are required to keep website on the first page of Search Engines
      0 Not allowed!

That depends on the niche your Web site operates in, the quality of the links received, and potentially lots of other factors. It's impossible to answer, to be honest.
      0 Not allowed!

I believe this has to do with CONTENT

I do NOT believe this has anything to do with back links. I believe this has to do with CONTENT on the web page.

I have a web site with very few incoming links. Two nights ago, I discovered that one of the pages is #1, on Bing, for a good long tail keyword. Approximately 2.95 million web pages with those words on them. It is AHEAD of *very* large companies.

Also, I do NOT believe this has to do with keywords. I do put 3 keywords on each web page, however, I believe Google, Bing and Yahoo do not pay ANY attention to them. I believe they are looking at CONTENT.

Content is king. GL
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by webcreationsindia View Post
    How many backlinks are required to keep website on the first page of Search Engines
    It depends on niche and competition on that keyword. It also depends quality of links you make.
      0 Not allowed!

You don't have to set a standard number of backlinks because the updates are unpredictable. The best way is to continue link building and on page optimization.
    Last edited by CD Burnt; 04-01-2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: sig should be set in your profile
      0 Not allowed!

For you to maintain your rank position, you should continue optimizing your site. Work more on your SEO techniques. Onpage and offpage methods really helps you to maintain your rank.
      0 Not allowed!

Try to make it maximum of 3 backlinks on per page. But backlinks is only one face of serach engine more important is quality of contents. If you have rich keywords and original content then it will work more in search engine.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not a professional SEO person, but it has been my experience that specific pages - meaning pages on specific topics, the more specific the better - along with periodic updates is a good recipe.
      0 Not allowed!

Quantity links doesn't matter. How quality links back from your niche industry. It is the important one. Backlinks are only increase your site traffic strength. Bcoz Google loves how many quality backlinks in your site.
      0 Not allowed!

I would have to agree with the person above me. But also i think you have to have a nice balance between number of links and the quality because you won't be able to have a good rank without both
      0 Not allowed!

You need to constantly building backlinks to your site because if you won't then your competition might seized the opportunity and outrank you. Thats pretty common in SEO, specially if your niche/market is very competitive i.e hosting, weight loss etc.

That is the best method that you can use to maintain your ranking.
    Extreme SEO Philippines - Reliable SEO in Philippines with Proven Track Record
    Also Offer Social Media Optimization Service
      0 Not allowed!

we can say about link count,according to the keywords the link can be increase or decrease
      0 Not allowed!

Ranking depends on the number of links.If you have more number of inbound links,then your site is in front of the Search engine.So, collect as much as inbound links.
      0 Not allowed!

Quality has more impact not quantity, so try to concentrate in generate the quality back links.
      0 Not allowed!

I think Do follow and quality back links are more important then the number of back links.Back links from high pr and do follow sites will bring traffic and pr to your site.
      0 Not allowed!

do you think google and other search engine like bing do follow the same technology to ?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by webcreationsindia View Post
    20k back links n lots of quality articles.
      0 Not allowed!