JixHost - Suspending Accounts w/o Alerting Customers!

So, ive bought out a hosting company the other day and just come to learn that JixHost the hosting supplier for this business has suspended the account with no prior communication as to any issues going on.

As a new owner of the business there is not always a way to know everything going on before hand and with JixHost doing this and still not sending a response as to why it was suspended or how it can be unsuspended I risk losing the customers of that business and the hundreds that ive paid for it.

I hope to have a response from them soon as to why it was suspended and offer a quick solution to try and save the business. I will be sure to post a response based on what happens in the next hours.

Have you tried contacting the seller of the business to see if he has any idea why it may have been suspended, or to see if he has an alternative method of contacting JixHost?

Yes, I have sent a message about an hour ago and awaiting a response.

Are the old owners up-to-date in terms of their invoices with jixhost? I would look into that...

Cycomholdings,

The original owner has given me his account and yes it is up to date for about another week or two.

Also, it appears the website is backup and I have access to everything again. I have still not heard back from JixHost yet though so really unsure what is going on. The server was down last night as it had to be reset.

Hello,

It could have been a little issue on their back end with the dates and a cron possibly did this how ever they would obviously no more then us so lets await an update from their end.

Yikes, it's never fun to be out of the loop. JixHost seems to have a positive presence here, so I am sure they'll be able to answer your questions regarding what happened and why.

Best of luck to you.
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

@SemoWeb, that is what im thinking.

@Vazapi-Curtis, great to know

Hello Zoom Active,

I do not see that the account was suspended, being that we had never suspended it or unsuspended it. You did mention you had seen an Orange screen, however did not mention what text was written. This would help if you could tell us so we know what went on.

I do know abuse did contact you regarding your offering of free accounts (against our tos) and its 50+ resellers, however they did not suspend your account. If you have more information regarding the image, please let us know so we can investigate further.

Your tickets had been replied to, including the first one telling us "you hope this does not get ugly" however we needed to respond here as well.
    Last edited by WebsitePlex; 03-28-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

Hello Zoom Active,

I do not see that the account was suspended, being that we had never suspended it or unsuspended it. You did mention you had seen an Orange screen, however did not mention what text was written. This would help if you could tell us so we know what went on.

It is the standard cpanel suspended account message and it appeared for a little over an hour. I do not know why this happened. All I know is that the account is not suspended now.

I do know abuse did contact you regarding your offering of free accounts (against our tos) and its 50+ resellers, however they did not suspend your account. If you have more information regarding the image, please let us know so we can investigate further.

Zoom Active nor myself never got an email and there may be a disconnect from when the account was transferred to Zoom Active in the sale of the business from the previous account holder, founder and owner of the hosting company.

Your tickets had been replied to, including the first one telling us "you hope this does not get ugly" however we needed to respond here as well.

Yes, I truly hate with issues turning ugly. I simply wanted to have the issue taken care of appropriately which it has been. Standard time "30 mins" for a CRITICAL ticket for a response was given before creating this thread. JixHost is working to resolve the issues and it appears to be going in a positive direction now and hope it will continue to do so.