Thread: vps.net SLA's

Arrow vps.net SLA's

Hi, just wondering is anyone has had any experience with vps.net and their managed service? I have a customer that requires a 99+% up time. I see if I order the managed service from vps.net they offer 100% up time. Is that "network" uptime, or physical server uptime?

Also what penalties are incurred if the up time SLA is breached?

Thank you

Our SLA is pretty iron clad to protect the user and assure quality of service for managed clients. The 100% uptime guarantee is for BOTH network and power, as well as datacenter HVAC.

Each hour that you're down after you notify us, you receive a 10% credit on your bill, up to 100%.

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the reply, it would be nice to see this explained in detail on your site, as simply saying 100% uptime SLA doesn't really explain "what" it covers.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMan1122 View Post
    I see if I order the managed service from vps.net they offer 100% up time. Is that "network" uptime, or physical server uptime?
    http://status.vps.net/

Read it...

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    That's a little vague, which part exactly? It only mentions past issues?

wow... Interesting link...... ........
    Michael Wallace - michael@innoscale.net
    Innovative Scaling Technologies Inc. - A Cloud Service Provider
    24/7 Support, Call us @ 1-307-200-4880
    www.innoscale.net - Seattle, Silicon Valley, Dallas, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Europe

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMan1122 View Post
    That's a little vague, which part exactly? It only mentions past issues?
    VPS.net isn't known for their good uptime, as you can see from their status page. We used them in the past and moved away a few months ago. They are getting better but still have several hour outages quite often as you can see.

Therefore, you mention about uptime and SLA, if uptime is that important to you, VPS.net is not the place you want to be, atleast not until they get a bit more reliable.

It's best if you go through the recent incidents (the past 30 days) and see if your website can handle any of those outages as they will most likely happen to you. They do give credits out, however I would much rather have a working website then a credit for $2.50 in my inbox.

They had so many problems with SANs
    WebSitePanel/ MspControl / SolidCP / Smartermail / Installation / Configuration / Troubleshooting / Migrations
    Windows Server Management / Security / Hardening
    I speak English and Spanish

Doesn't appear that the 'Self-Healing Cloud VPS' is all that self healing where the sans are concerned... wonder what software they are using on linux boxes that they use for sans..

Quote Originally Posted by IGobyTerry View Post
    Our SLA is pretty iron clad to protect the user and assure quality of service for managed clients. The 100% uptime guarantee is for BOTH network and power, as well as datacenter HVAC.

Each hour that you're down after you notify us, you receive a 10% credit on your bill, up to 100%.

Why should customer do that? You already have ways of knowing when it went down.