I need your advice

Please believe me when I say that I truly understand being an administrator is a difficult task. It involves a lot of technicalities that one without experience would get easily lost in. So I totally get it.

But what I want to ask is this: If I want to purchase a box and rent out game servers, what is the best way of learning the troubleshooting/maintenance aspect of handling the day-to-day server issues?

Is there a class that you suggest that I should take to get a better understanding of server maintenance/troubleshooting? Website? Book?

Should I hire someone experienced to help me through it and teach me as I go?

Any bit of help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, you need to do some market research and check into witch part of the market you want to get in to ( Geographic )

Then you need to find reliable and flexible providers in the interested area.

You need to get yourself a Game server control panel. the most reliable one i know of is Tc admin.

For all the rest, you will learn allot while growing your company. However, i recommend you extensively read forums like tcadmin and gameserver provider.

best of luck