Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a new dc

Hello,

I am looking for a new data center in Arizona.
    I am currently off university and I-10
    I would like to stay in the Vally somewhere.
    hit me up with quotes.

Here is what i have now.
    * 7u space
    * 7 one u servers
    * 5 mbps unmetered
    * 20 ip address
    * Real-time MRTG reports
    * Remote Web Rebooter

I am trying to find a data center that can give me around the same services.
    I currently pay $200 per month. "I know this is cheap" my budget is under 300 a month.

-David
    Take control of your server! www.zkicker.com

Hello

i see that 300$ Monthly is Cheap & High Prices Too,You Should First See Moore than Bandwidth and Space You should see "Support ,Facility ,UPS ...."

after that you can talk about Prices

how much power do you need ?

Try contacting IOFlood.com
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

i need enough power to run the 7 servers i have.
    Take control of your server! www.zkicker.com

You will need to figure out how much each one will consume as the power usage is a big part of getting colocation.
    You can normally put together the full specs of each and someone can help you estimate power draw.
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Phoenixnap is offering a quarter rack for around 300/mo. A reseller is going to have a hard time hitting that pricing for 7 servers / 7u / 7a
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

The colocation offerings from PhoenixNAP do not include bandwidth. Plus, he would need to purchase at least a switch if not a router as well. The price he is paying right now is a steal for what he is getting and he will not find anything matching or even close to what he already has for $300 or less. He will be looking upwards of $300 for the real estate plus at least $5/Mbps/month for bandwidth in the 95th percentile and any additional hardware costs such as a switch, router / firewall, and / or cabling.

Good luck in your journey!

If you only need five megabit you can probably get that thrown in but be prepared to pay quote a bit for overages. I don't see you beating 300 for this.

depending on the server power draw.. 7-11amps in any sort of reputable place he'll be paying a bit more than 300/month
    Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Managed Solutions - Colocation - Network Services IPv4/IPv6
    Ashburn/Denver/NYC/Dallas/Chicago Markets Served zak@yellowfiber.net

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    If you only need five megabit you can probably get that thrown in but be prepared to pay quote a bit for overages. I don't see you beating 300 for this.
    PhoenixNAP does not sell transit, he would need to contract with a carrier in the facility in which case they are not going to "throw it in"

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    PhoenixNAP does not sell transit, he would need to contract with a carrier in the facility in which case they are not going to "throw it in"
    That's not 100% correct. I have 5 megs of 'premium blend' thrown in (mostly cogent last I checked), and a number of other customers I've spoken to have varying amounts included as well.

HE isn't local to you but they're probably the closet you're going to get to your budget. I believe they quoted me $400/month for a whole rack with 20A and 100mbps.

I'll give you the contact information for a guy that quoted me in PhoenixNAP. Its going to be a bit pricier than you are paying now though:

Burt Campbell, Offsite Computer Backup LLC
    www[dot]OffsiteComputerBackup[dot]com | Burt [at] ocBackup [dot] com

You can also try SecuredServers. They are located in PhoenixNAP as well. I've never used them but they get great reviews all the time.

i no i good few uk based ones that charge £15 per month per u on a 10mbps transit. You'le have to pm for the list.
    Cheap and Reliable Reseller And VPS Services!
    Co-Location | VPS | WHM Resellers | Cpanel Accounts | ORDER

I've had a wonderful experience at Joe's Data Center (.com). They should also match your price range.

Is it not possible to use colocation in The Netherlands, it's much cheaper.
    Best regards,
    Green Choice - Hosting & Server Solutions
    info@gc-hosting.nl - www.gc-hosting.nl
    Virtual Private Servers - Dedicated Servers - Server Colocation - Rackhousing

Quote Originally Posted by phil29 View Post
    I'll give you the contact information for a guy that quoted me in PhoenixNAP. Its going to be a bit pricier than you are paying now though:

Burt Campbell, Offsite Computer Backup LLC
    www[dot]OffsiteComputerBackup[dot]com | Burt [at] ocBackup [dot] com

You can also try SecuredServers. They are located in PhoenixNAP as well. I've never used them but they get great reviews all the time.
    Same company.

Quote Originally Posted by revhos View Post
    i no i good few uk based ones that charge £15 per month per u on a 10mbps transit. You'le have to pm for the list.
    How is that even relevant? The OP is specifically requesting Phoenix.
    Last edited by GCM; 03-30-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Hi ,
    if you are looking for a server in Arizona , the best chose is Atjeu.com , they update the tickets within 2 minutes and really responsible for the services , price also is reasonable ,

i have a server in this datacenter in past few months and really satisfied with the service & support ,
    www.selectbackup.com
    Cheap and stable Backup service
    FTP Access/SSH Access/Rsync Technology/Unlimited Bw

Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    Same company.
    Off Site Backup LLC resells SecuredServers space for smaller colo customers. SecuredServers only goes down to 1/4 or 1/2 rack I believe, so if you need something smaller than that they refer you to Burt.

Quote Originally Posted by selectbackup View Post
    Hi ,
    if you are looking for a server in Arizona , the best chose is Atjeu.com , they update the tickets within 2 minutes and really responsible for the services , price also is reasonable ,

i have a server in this datacenter in past few months and really satisfied with the service & support ,
    This is not a REAL Data Center facility. The facility is in a business area in a single suite next to a print shop. Much like a storefront. They do have a diesel backup generator have built the facility out correctly with redundancy, but they are far from a real data center facility. In the tiers, this facility is a tier 1, and that is a far stretch. They you are correct, they do respond quickly and take very good care of their customers. (I had a server hosted their a few years ago)

As for PhoenixNAP and SecuredServers, these two companies are owned by CWIE as is ECSuite and a few others. Of course they are all in PhoenixNAP, because they own the facility. As for transit, PhoenixNAP does sell transit. You do NOT have to have a separate contract for transit however, the $299/month 1/4 Cab does NOT include transit plus, you have to sign a three year contract and the pricing is only good for one year.

It is going to be very difficult to get space in a "real" data center (when I say "real" I mean a Tier 2 or higher) without paying more than $300/month for the space, power and bandwidth you need / want. However, look into Atjeu as stated by the other member. It's not a bad place to have your servers and Jeff is a great guy over there and will take care of you.

SMS,

I am not sure where you got your information about our special, however that is not true. If one of our sales reps told you that, can you please let me know who it was so I can make sure they are all on the same page?

I can't say we would EVER sign a contract where the customer was bound to a term but did not yet know what his price was going to be. Contracts are signed for a term and an amount. At the end of the term, the contract is renegotiated. We would not ever lock anyone in and say, in a year the price is going to go up and you have to pay it.

As a side note, thanks everyone for the kind words about us!
    Jordan Jacobs | VP, Products|SingleHop| JJ @SingleHop.com
    Managed Dedicated Servers | Bare-Metal Servers | Cloud Services

Jordan,

I was not told that by a sales person but I am not able to say where I heard it from. I have not told anyone that except what was mentioned here in the last post so thank you for clearing that up, it is much appreciated.

PhoenixNAP is a wonderful facility. I have servers in it along with my business partner and could not be happier. We were at I/O prior and that was a joke. "Our network connection is down"... Support: "Let me see what is wrong, we will call you back shortly"... Us: "Oh, it's back up"... Support: "Not sure what was wrong, but it seems to be working now"... Only to find out that some how our cross connect magically got disconnected yet they won't tell you that.

Thank you PhoenixNAP for being honest!

Very happy to hear that!

If you ever have any problems at all, feel free to give me a call
    Jordan Jacobs | VP, Products|SingleHop| JJ @SingleHop.com
    Managed Dedicated Servers | Bare-Metal Servers | Cloud Services

Quote Originally Posted by smsmarketeers View Post
    Jordan,

I was not told that by a sales person but I am not able to say where I heard it from. I have not told anyone that except what was mentioned here in the last post so thank you for clearing that up, it is much appreciated.

PhoenixNAP is a wonderful facility. I have servers in it along with my business partner and could not be happier. We were at I/O prior and that was a joke. "Our network connection is down"... Support: "Let me see what is wrong, we will call you back shortly"... Us: "Oh, it's back up"... Support: "Not sure what was wrong, but it seems to be working now"... Only to find out that some how our cross connect magically got disconnected yet they won't tell you that.

Thank you PhoenixNAP for being honest!
    Interesting, We've been in I/O PHX-1 since they opened and haven't had a single issue. Remote hands have been great as well if we didn't feel like sending a tech up. That PoP has essentially been a set it and forget it for us (sans the remote hands for a PSU & RE replacement).
    SPEAKservers, LLC - Premium Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated & Virtual Servers - Colocation - Transport/DIA - VoIP
    sales@speakservers.com / scott@speakservers.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast