Be careful of inMotion Hostin

After several problems lately with inMotion Hosting, I decided to leave for another hosting company. Upon letting inMotion Hosting know and that they were not to withdraw money for the renewal, they have now done so and expect me to jump through hoops to get it back. They had been a very good hosting company, but lately, they have really degenerated into "stealing" money.

Stay away!

That's unfortunate to hear. Are you at least able to jump through the hoops to be able to get your money back without having to go through a chargeback?
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Upon letting inMotion Hosting know and that they were not to withdraw money for the renewal, they have now done so and expect me to jump through hoops to get it back.
    I'm not entirely sure that instructing them not to withdraw money constitutes proper account cancellation. Sure, you should be refunded because they were not supposed to use that card, but you might still owe them the money (and be the owner of that hosting account for another billing term).

Due to protection concerns, all account cancellations must be done via our official electronic cancellation form. Notifications of cancellation must be made 30 days prior to successive rebill period. InMotion Hosting reserves the right to deny, forfeit, or refuse refunds at any time if necessary. Third party cancellations are not accepted.
    http://www.inmotionhosting.com/policies.html

I think you haven't had any conversation with them regarding that.
    I think they are big and reputable company and they will be able to solve your problem.
    Good luck.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by kewlkat View Post
    After several problems lately with inMotion Hosting, I decided to leave for another hosting company. Upon letting inMotion Hosting know and that they were not to withdraw money for the renewal, they have now done so and expect me to jump through hoops to get it back. They had been a very good hosting company, but lately, they have really degenerated into "stealing" money.

Stay away!
    I've never been a big fan of companies claiming to offer unlimited diskspace/bandwidth, however other than the billing issue can you provide some more details regarding some of the issues you were having with them?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

I contacted them by phone and was told to send an email with specific information. I did and received a reply from them acknowledging the fact the I was leaving. So at that point, everything was covered. To go ahead after that and take the money is wrong and theft as far as I'm concerned.]

To go ahead after that and take the money is wrong and theft as far as I'm concerned.]
    I'm pretty sure your bank will see things the same way, if it really comes to filling a chargeback. Good luck getting a refund! It would be the best outcome for both you and the host.

I contacted them by phone and was told to send an email with specific information. I did and received a reply from them acknowledging the fact the I was leaving. So at that point, everything was covered. To go ahead after that and take the money is wrong and theft as far as I'm concerned.]
    Perhaps the billing dept had not yet gotten the memo. If they are a large company they may even bill from a different location as the sales offices and tech support. If they are a reputable company however I'm sure if you call them they will straighten it out in an acceptable time frame.
    Remember you get more flies with sugar than vinegar
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

Did you cancel your account more than 30 days prior to the next successive billing period?
    One2Host.eu - Hosting solutions
    Email hosting - Shared hosting - Reseller - VPS - Dedicated servers
    Linux Servers - Plesk - MySQL/php - 24/7 servermonitoring - More than 150 one-click installation applications - Money back guarantee
    Twitter: @one2host