Thread: 2 resellers?

2 resellers?

Hey all.
    I want to have 2 resellers.
    Is this possible under the same domain?

I am pretty sure you are not able to. I could be wrong.

*Edit you would need to do it under a subdomain.

you would have to make the subdomain a separate account.

Sure it is possible, but why you need 2 reseller? You can register users via billing software to 2 diffrent reseller account.
    PremiumCoding you recieve a vivid, eye-catching coding solutions.
    Check our latest Wordpress Themes.

My other reseller offers no space upgrades.

Absolutely!

You can set up each reseller account in WHMCS as individual servers. This is ideal for someone who wants to offer hosting in two different locations, or Windows and Linux hosting.

You can have WHMCS create the accounts on whichever server, depending on how you want it to when a new order is placed.

Just make sure one reseller account is set up for ns1/ns2.your-custom-dns.com and the other ns3/ns4.your-custom-dns.com

If you're not using WHMCS, I highly recommend it. The documentation is amazing, and finding answers to quick questions is as simple as hopping on Google and typing in your question.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

Strange, do you know why they dont offer you upgrades? Did you ask for upgrade?

Thankyou, so i set up ns3.domain.com ns4.domain.com to the other server ip?

Yes and set this nameserver to server in billing software.

I would have to agree with Vazapi-Curtis if you are not using WHMCS you should. I highly recommend it. Easy to use, great system all around and yes that is what he is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by samueldinnadge View Post
    Thankyou, so i set up ns3.domain.com ns4.domain.com to the other server ip?
    Yes.

For example:

Reseller 1 = NS1/NS2.domain.com = Chicago location (example)
    Reseller 2 = NS3/NS4.domain.com = UK Location (example)

You can easily configure WHMCS to create the accounts on the appropriate server based on the option or plan that the client has chosen, and they will be emailed the appropriate information so long as everything is set up properly.

And, just so you know, if you have two resellers and both of them offer WHMCS, you can USUALLY get a better deal on one of the services by letting them know that you do NOT need WHMCS, as you already have a license (from your other reseller provider.) Even though its listed as "free", the provider is paying your licensing fee, which costs between ~$5-$13/mo usually depending on how many licenses they purchase at once. Most will be happy to reduce your monthly bill by removing items from your service you do not need. Why pay for something you're not going to use? That way you can just utilize the space/service.

Just something to think about!
    Last edited by MannDude; 03-27-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

Ok thanks!
    It's funny cause my reseller is in Chicago.

Ok thanks!
    It's funny cause my reseller is in Chicago.
    Nice, Chicago has good some good data centers and connectivity, its a nice central(ish) US location. Its where we offer our reseller service as well.

Yeah, my server load is 0.06!

Using sub domains for other reseller accounts is the best way. For example: acc2.domain... acc3.domain... But you must add DNS zones for these sub domains and name servers on your main reseller account. This is very easy and even your hosting provider can do it for you.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Should of really checkED if your current reseller account can do upgrades incase you need to grow, however looks like you've found a solution!
    Last edited by GSpinkz; 03-29-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typo

Hey all.
    I want to have 2 resellers.
    Is this possible under the same domain?
    Possible but not on a same server !
    www.selectbackup.com
    Cheap and stable Backup service
    FTP Access/SSH Access/Rsync Technology/Unlimited Bw

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart View Post
    Using sub domains for other reseller accounts is the best way. For example: acc2.domain... acc3.domain... But you must add DNS zones for these sub domains and name servers on your main reseller account. This is very easy and even your hosting provider can do it for you.
    Very interesting dhcart,

I suppose you make DNS zones and nameservers on your main reseller account with the Ips of the 2nd reseller account, am I right?

Thanks