What about 2 checkout now ?

What other alternative ?

Thanks for help.

Quote Originally Posted by kaykhanitta View Post
    Hi,

What other alternative ?

Thanks for help.
    Really!? The 8 year old thread is reborn?

We're huge fans of PayPal + PayPal Pro.

From what I've heard, 2checkout is pretty rock solid these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    Really!? The 8 year old thread is reborn?

We're huge fans of PayPal + PayPal Pro.

From what I've heard, 2checkout is pretty rock solid these days.
    I agree, this thread has been inactive for years but its now reborn

PayPal seem working fine & so is 2checkout
    Asia leading web hosting provider since 2007 - Nothing is too difficult for us!
    █ Reliable Hosting Solutions
    █ No more worry with the server downtime anymore with our 99% network uptime guaranteed
    █ Real 24/7 Professional Technical Support

Record for oldest thread reborn?

I'm not quite sure why anyone even uses 2CO at all. For one set of customers, PayPal works great. For the other set, just get an actual merchant account. That's all you need. Don't see how 2CO would ever trump both CC and PayPal.

I personally like Paypal and 2Checkout. Both are good to me and my clients.

I must say big up to the reborn thread. Lol. 2checkout has been good this far. No complaints

Hi,

What other alternative ?

Thanks for help.
    What a huge bump :-p

We use 2checkout and things always have been fine.

Well! I hope so, semoweb

We've applied for a merchant account more than a month ago: 23 Feb 2011
    On 2 Mar. 2011 we received a receipt of 49 USD. and a welcome email and a supplier number or ID.
    I sent them a question on how to start using their service, next day.

- No answer.

Yesterday I opened a ticket on their website, and sent the same question.

- No answer up to now.

- I tried to reach their discussion board to find answer, the 'Community' link forwards automatically to the homepage.

- their blog has nothing about any issues.

Are they still reliable?
    Should I send them fax or call them - I am not in US - is this the way an "e" payment company should work?

What are other ePayment solutions you know reliable than this one for non-US residents, other than Paypal?

I appreciate your help. Thank you.
    Last edited by hostquality; 03-27-2011 at 03:20 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by hostquality View Post
    Well! I hope so, semoweb

On 2 Mar. 2011 we received a receipt of 49 USD. and a welcome email and a supplier number or ID.

- No answer.

- No answer up to now.

- I tried to reach their discussion board to find answer, the 'Community' link forwards automatically to the homepage.

Are they still reliable?
    Should I send them fax or call them - I am not in US - is this the way an "e" payment company should work?

What are other ePayment solutions you know reliable than this one for non-US residents, other than Paypal?

Response would usually be slower during weekends as you mentioned you opened a ticket yesterday. Be patient until Monday as they will surely get back with you.

They are reliable as far as I know (at least to us)
    Asia leading web hosting provider since 2007 - Nothing is too difficult for us!
    █ Reliable Hosting Solutions
    █ No more worry with the server downtime anymore with our 99% network uptime guaranteed
    █ Real 24/7 Professional Technical Support

I take your word, LargeServer
    Thank you for feedback
    I'll wait and see

Oh! I forgot: I forgot the password, so I used our email address to get it reset/sent..through a form for that. what happened? The form returned an error saying this email is not in our system or not a client or so!
    When I went to the support section later, I tried a link about: check your order, I put the order number, and voila! it is there with date and amount! So, why our email has disappeared from their system?
    What if that happened and we have money in it later?

These things made me ask if there is another better solution than this company.

Also searched how to use 2checkout, and i couldn't find easy explanation, so I feel like to give up !

Anyway, can you tell me why using 2checkout and not Paypal ?

Have you tried to use 2checkout and Paypal on Drupal website ?

I do not use Paypal PRO yet but Paypal ok with Drupal UBERCART store, the only point I don't like is that Paypal try to force everyone to open an account when they just want to pay by credit card (link "CONTINUE" to pay with credit card is small on the page, butaccount login is fat big!)

Thanks for your ideas.

Why would you ever use PayPal Pro. $30/mo?! With those trans fees? Are you kidding?

Because Paypal pro looks pro ? :-)

How much cost others payments gateways ?

Because Paypal pro looks pro ? :-)

How much cost others payments gateways ?
    We pay $15/mo AND get better transaction rates with our local provider. With free payment gateway.

Well! I hope so, semoweb

- No answer.

- No answer up to now.

Are they still reliable?

We've been using 2Checkout for about a year now. They are extremely reliable in my opinion. 2Checkout support gets a little slow on the weekends though but monday-friday they are quick fast and helpful.
    〓〓 QuadraNet ├ CLOUD ├ DEDICATED ├ COLOCATION
    〓〓 Locations: Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami and Atlanta!!
    〓〓 andrew.moore[at]quadranet.com
    〓〓 http://www.QuadraNet.com

Quote Originally Posted by Noppix View Post
    We pay $15/mo AND get better transaction rates with our local provider. With free payment gateway.
    Local provider.. this is the 1st thing one may look for, if not a US resident

Anyway, can you tell me why using 2checkout and not Paypal ?

Have you tried to use 2checkout and Paypal on Drupal website ?
    The company I work for is in one of those countries where Paypal does not exist or allow merchant accounts.
    Drupal is great overall. But how you compare it to a specialized shopping cart like oscommerce? I think it would be better to run a full-fledged store system than a all-in-one system that has a store/cart module?

2checkout and Paypal are awesome and reliable.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

The company I work for is in one of those countries where Paypal does not exist or allow merchant accounts.
    Drupal is great overall. But how you compare it to a specialized shopping cart like oscommerce? I think it would be better to run a full-fledged store system than a all-in-one system that has a store/cart module?

hahaha, os commerce ? Are you joking ?

And would you dare to talk about Magento, Zencart, and other shxt of the kind ?

These systems are just made for people who dream that they will become Amazon (this is why they are so complicated), but for few sales a day as 90% of websites in the world, Drupal and Ubercart are so much reliable and easy to modify/add modules...

Crucial Web Host is offline [email protected]

These systems are just made for people who dream that they will become Amazon (this is why they are so complicated), but for few sales a day as 90% of websites in the world, Drupal and Ubercart are so much reliable and easy to modify/add modules...
    ... Or plan to stay making just a few sales a day. There is two sides to this argument. I agree with you that the majority of 'online stores' are part time stores that really don't have any far reaching goals and low end ecommerce solutions would work for them perfectly.

But, many ecommerce clients do plan to increase their revenue and have the desire to grow their online business over time. They're not planning to be the next Amazon, but - perhaps make a good living for themselves and their families.

The processional platform that you get from software like Magento and the others is one that allows you spend as little or as much as you want in creating a true, professional online merchant presence. These ecommerce platforms offer features that simply are not available with low end ecommerce systems - they are not 'platforms' for ecommerce and that is not their intention. Whereas the others sole mission with their software is to optimize the online shopping experience.

Which the client needs is up to them - like I said, I do agree with you. The vast difference between the systems simply can not be compared so easily.
    CrucialHosting.com - Performance Hosting Solutions:
    SamsClub.com - Walmart.com - Ellusionist.com - CampSaver.com

Check out our Site Showcase for more big brand examples!

hahaha, os commerce ? Are you joking ?

Ok, so.. how easier is it to create a store in Drupal.
    Will this be that easy as in oscommerce?
    I am sorry but this is the first time for me to know that it can have a store on it.
    I know it's robust and has many uses, but never heard of it being used as a shopping system.

Moreover, if it is through a community module, why should I rely on a a module that may get disappeared or ceased to stay maintained, while there is a standalone specialized application with wide community support like oscommerce there?

In my opinion, 2CheckOut is still as good as it was. Protect your PayPal account using 2CheckOut!

Been with 2checkout since March of 2005 and have had ZERO problems. Don't think I've ever had to contact their support department for anything. Apart from dealing with the occasional chargeback or small snafu with a customers billing question, I never have to talk with them.

2checkout + Paypal = r.e.l.i.a.b.l.e

Having two payment gateway is far more reliable just in case the other have issues, you can still use the other one. And not leave your business hanging.

I personally don't really like the way paypal handle claim, as recently we get alot of customer registered domain and pay via paypal. but later we receive claim from paypal that the user itself mention that never use his paypal for the domain and filed a claim in the end we end up losing money and oureself incur for the domain fee.