Europe Web Hosting

Hi Guys,

Do you know, or have you ever used any European Web Hosting? I need a decent Web Host, ideally which is situated in the UK, or Germany.

Which are your needs in space/bandwidth/control?
    What's your budget?
    Any preference on OS or Control panel?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Yes, I am looking for Linux Web Hosting, ideally the cheapest there is, and space ideally unlimited, otherwise 5gb Should do for now.

What is you definition of a "decent" webhost?

Have you browsed through the advertising forum here on WHT?
    One2Host.eu - Hosting solutions
    Email hosting - Shared hosting - Reseller - VPS - Dedicated servers
    Linux Servers - Plesk - MySQL/php - 24/7 servermonitoring - More than 150 one-click installation applications - Money back guarantee
    Twitter: @one2host

I want one which is Reliable, I intend to start doing some freelance work as a web developer, and want to have a reliable host which I can host my client's site one. At the moment I intend to start with a shared hosting plan, then move up to a reseller account.

So Reliable, Can Upgrade Easily, Can Create Accounts for Clients (Ideally support them too), and Fast (That's why I want servers in Europe, because I am from Malta)

Quote Originally Posted by ryn_90 View Post
    Yes, I am looking for Linux Web Hosting, ideally the cheapest there is, and space ideally unlimited, otherwise 5gb Should do for now.
    One thing that you have to have clear, is that there's not such thing as "unlimited space/bandwidth" any host offering that, is lying.
    What's your definition of cheap? approximately, what's your budget?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    One thing that you have to have clear, is that there's not such thing as "unlimited space/bandwidth" any host offering that, is lying.
    What's your definition of cheap? approximately, what's your budget?
    My Budget as a Shared Plan would be around $80 / Year. When I switch to Reseller $20-30 Month.

I want one which is Reliable, I intend to start doing some freelance work as a web developer, and want to have a reliable host which I can host my client's site one. At the moment I intend to start with a shared hosting plan, then move up to a reseller account.

So Reliable, Can Upgrade Easily, Can Create Accounts for Clients (Ideally support them too), and Fast (That's why I want servers in Europe, because I am from Malta)
    If you want to be able to create accounts and support them you should get a Reseller account. Normally Shared hosting does not allow creation of accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Agreed, unlimited space/bandwith is never unlimited, just a way to get costumers.
    Linux Servers - Plesk - MySQL/php - 24/7 servermonitoring - More than 150 one-click installation applications - Money back guarantee

You say you want to create client accounts are you after a reseller account in that case?
    Craig Messer - www.veloxserv.co.uk
    VeloxServ Communications Ltd - Company Number: 07357707 | VAT Number: GB 119 7652 89
    UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Rackspace, Web Hosting & Managed Services
    Wolverhampton and London UK

Quote Originally Posted by tleonhard View Post
    If you want to be able to create accounts and support them you should get a Reseller account. Normally Shared hosting does not allow creation of accounts.

Agreed, unlimited space/bandwith is never unlimited, just a way to get costumers.
    Yes you are right, but I intend to first start out as a shared hosting account, then when I get 3-4 clients I would get the reseller offer.

Yes you are right, but I intend to first start out as a shared hosting account, then when I get 3-4 clients I would get the reseller offer.
    I think the best solution for you at the moment would be to start out with a shared hosting solution. You can easily get more than 5GB space for 80 USD a year. Unfortunately you would not be able to create accounts to your clients. This means you would have to manage the webhosting 100%. (shouldent take up too much time if you only got 3 - 4 pages)

Remember to check up on the TOS or AUP of the hosting company you choose. They might not allow that you "resell" the hosting, when its a shared hosting account.

Look hosting offer forum. If you are looking for some review searh this forum and you will find many users review.
    PremiumCoding you recieve a vivid, eye-catching coding solutions.
    Check our latest Wordpress Themes.

Thanks, I've found some decent ones. Do you guys know any good hosting review sites?

I've tried hosting netfirms did not complain

Hosting "review sites" are just spam.
    I'd also look at Netherlands hosts, not just UK or Germany. I'm quite happy with mine.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Hosting "review sites" are just spam.
    I'd also look at Netherlands hosts, not just UK or Germany. I'm quite happy with mine.
    NL is indeed a great place to be to serve a European audience. Practically every major ISP in Europe peers at AMS-IX, which peaks at over a terabit of traffic.

http://www.ams-ix.net/statistics/

It also isn't too far from the US, at about 70-80ms to the east coast.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    NL is indeed a great place to be to serve a European audience. Practically every major ISP in Europe peers at AMS-IX, which peaks at over a terabit of traffic.

http://www.ams-ix.net/statistics/

It also isn't too far from the US, at about 70-80ms to the east coast.
    I'm sorry, what is that exactly?

I'm sorry, what is that exactly?
    AMS-IX is an Internet exchange, arguably one of the most vital in the world.

http://www.ams-ix.net/what-is-an-internet-exchange/ is a good explanation.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

aa ok, thanks

I suppose you need visit some local based forums to find out more information about certain companies.
    In any case you can always use FIND A HOST tool here to get in touch with subscribed providers from that region.