bad volumedrive.com experience

I thought it would be appropriate to inform people of their terrible server setup time.

I have purchased a server on their website 13 days ago, and received a email that said it would take 48 hours for my order to process.

48 hours later i did not receive any kind of email or information.
    3 days later i sent them a email in which i asked if i could get a estimation when it will be set up.
    The next day i get e email in which they told me it would be deployed on the next saturday.

This did not happen, nor did i get e email to inform me why.
    I had to send a email the next monday to ask them if there was a another delay, this email would be forwarded to the sales department.

My email was never replied to, i had to send another email in order for them to tell me it would be deployed the same day.

And yet again this did not happen, i sent them another email but this is not replied to this date.

At this point it is 13 days since i ordered my server, and i highly doubt it will be set up anytime soon, i have yet to get a reply from my last email.

This seems just a sales experience?

I believe they ran out of stock that is why you experience this kind of delay.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Even if that were so, it would be appropriate to inform me of this, and refrain from telling me it is going to be deployed several times whilst not doing this and not informing me of the additional delay at all.

They sold around 300-500 boxes and maybe they're waiting for stocks. They're not like softlayer that has dozens of techs so just ask for a refund if you can't wait.

I got my server after 3 days upon ordering and The server is fantastic. Its fast and cheap!

The problem with VolumeDrive is that they don't seem to understand how to take care of delayed customers.

Don't just tell them it will be setup within 24hours each time, be truth full and explain why your having delays.

It is their own fault for misunderstanding how to communicate with customers when problems like setup delays occur.

My setup took about a week and i didn't even order that special server that was on WHT. I'm glad i waited for the server, I have had a awesome experience with them and the server is great. If you feel this wait is to long for a AWESOME server for $50 a month, Let VD know and they will refund you in full.

I know sales and support are two different things, but if the sales side is this disorganized then it makes you wonder about the support side.

People can wait on setup but not support. What experiences are people having with support during this sale?

Quote Originally Posted by speckl View Post
    I know sales and support are two different things, but if the sales side is this disorganized then it makes you wonder about the support side.

People can wait on setup but not support. What experiences are people having with support during this sale?
    My average support reply time is about an hour. Thats pretty good seeing as they just use email and no support system yet.

For a deal like that, you should be willing to wait up to 30 days. Isn't quite fair for them to get bad press when they are giving you a complete 'steal' (literally mean that).
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

Agree 100% ...

Quote Originally Posted by DMEHosting View Post
    For a deal like that, you should be willing to wait up to 30 days. Isn't quite fair for them to get bad press when they are giving you a complete 'steal' (literally mean that).

Bobbinton,

We've said time and time again on the forums that 24 - 48 hours on our dedicated deployments noted on your ordering receipt is completely and utterly inaccurate right now during the current sale due to high demand. In addition, we've also stated that if in anyway shape or form your order is exceeding the expected delivery date, you're in a hurry, or you just do not want to wait, etc.. we'll issue you a full refund and give someone else your spot in the delivery queue.

So if this does not address any of your questions or concerns, please let us know. In addition, if you'd like to cancel your order, please feel free to contact us via our info address and we'll get back to you shortly.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co