Cool Super Alpha Accounts

hi everyone i have a question.

super alpha accounts are they stable enough to say they are a reseller service with a dedicated ip. what kind of software would you use to do this kind of service?

Hi,

Super Alpha reseller does not exist now. Even if they do they will not be long in this industry..

I think they do exist (everything in this world is possible)... maybe with modifications or special privileges to some reselling software you can get a similar result, I remember a software you can use for this purpose (and even more levels), but I should not share that name, just to avoid the temptation if you google: "Super Alpha Reseller" you will find some offers... but I highly do NOT recommend this @cyber-hosting, as you asked: it is unstable.

edit: Also, there are several threads about this here in WHT, just use the search forms
    Last edited by Chris - Whitesystem; 03-26-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Whitesystem.NET, INC. root [at] whitesystem.net
    Native SSD True CLOUD cPanel-based Shared, Reseller (root access!) Hosting.
    LiteSpeed • Low Populated Servers • 7 Years Hosting Experience
    Fast and Friendly multilingual (Spanish and English) Support www.whitesystem.net

I wouldn't recommend it, nor would I recommend Alpha or Master Reselling. They are ALL unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by TBradley View Post
    I wouldn't recommend it, nor would I recommend Alpha or Master Reselling. They are ALL unstable.
    ALL? A lot top-notch host are offering it too.

wht if

i don't know much about the zamfoo but is it controllable?

You are planning to spend for super alpha then why do not go for vps instead, that way you can hold control of root access and other options??
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

Any host providing resellers the ability to host resellers is a terrible idea. Using software like that guarantees a low level of quality as the host cannot possibly weed out fraud, abusive users, or anything else that the second tier or even third tier customers on that box are putting on the machine.

Put simply: No host can ever guarantee the box is safe from spammers or abusive users if they are not controlling the server properly.

Reselling is flawed because of that fact.

You would do better by getting a VPS or a cloud server and save yourself the headache.

There are many managed providers out there who can provide the proper level of support you need, and allow you to resell properly on a VPS.

Also keep in mind that you can't have cheap and good, you can only pick one. A cheap host wont have the proper technical support, and a good host won't be cheap.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

There is a tick box in Zamfoo like 'Sell Alpha Accounts'.
    Maybe the 'Super Alpha' can only make Alpha resellers with the global plans.

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    ALL? A lot top-notch host are offering it too.
    Here's the thing. IF Alpha or even Master Reselling was of a substantial business model, don't you think cPanel/WHM would already have it integrated in, instead of having to use a Third party Plugin. There are some hosts that do it well, MOST do not. I would only even acknowledge 2 hosts that have done this "well".

Selling Master Reseller accounts with 100GB HDD for $10 is not a substantial business model if your keeping your customers best intentions at heart, it just can't be.

EDIT: Before I sign of on what I just said, let me say this...

I was wrong in saying that ALL Master Reselling is unstable, because it is NOT. Some hosts can do it well, but have gotten a very bad rep for not being able to maintain it properly. It can be done though, k-disk.net has done it very well!
    Last edited by TBradley; 03-27-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    Any host providing resellers the ability to host resellers is a terrible idea. Using software like that guarantees a low level of quality as the host cannot possibly weed out fraud, abusive users, or anything else that the second tier or even third tier customers on that box are putting on the machine.

Put simply: No host can ever guarantee the box is safe from spammers or abusive users if they are not controlling the server properly.
    This is not a valid argument this can happened with any type of hosting product, and because you offer alphas it does not mean the level of quality now becomes very little this truly depends on the provider....

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    This is not a valid argument this can happened with any type of hosting product, and because you offer alphas it does not mean the level of quality now becomes very little this truly depends on the provider....
    The provider doesn't have the billing information of the users on the box, so its not possible to check for fraud. The provider doesn't have initial sign up ip addresses either. So by the time its noticed, it could be to late and you could be looking at a subnet block in spamhaus.

Whereas VPS doesn't have that uncertainty for the other users sharing the server. If someone wrecks their ips on a VPS it affects them, not all the customers on a reseller server.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    The provider doesn't have the billing information of the users on the box, so its not possible to check for fraud. The provider doesn't have initial sign up ip addresses either. So by the time its noticed, it could be to late and you could be looking at a subnet block in spamhaus.

Whereas VPS doesn't have that uncertainty for the other users sharing the server. If someone wrecks their ips on a VPS it affects them, not all the customers on a reseller server.
    What does billing information matter? Even your own direct clients can have false information in the client area and still pass fraud.

Your argument is invalid, any client with or without billing information can be fraud, abuse etc...

Hello,
    Super Alpha hosts do exist, however I have yet to see one last more then a year before they go to the great big server in the sky. I am one of the few supporters of Alpha and Master Reseller Hosting but am fully against Super.

ZamFoo is currently the only tool that can do this but I should state (again) that it is possible but not even the ZamFoo developer will support it.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

A good and stable way to do it is to load ZamFoo on a vps and offer it as a super alpha reseller with your own vps.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

How hard is it to install zamfoo?