hosted by liquidweb


Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Looking for Web Hosting
Reply

Forum Jump

Looking for Web Hosting

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription
 
Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Malta
Posts: 18

Looking for Web Hosting


Hi Guys, I would like to start operating my own Web Design Business as a Part-Time Job. I am looking to find a good, reliable hosting, ideally it is not expensive too. Mainly I will be working with PHP so Linux Server would be enough.

I was looking at Blue Host and Host Gator, I like their offers about the shared unlimited plan, so basically with $7 a Month I can host all the websites I want, but this seems to good to be true, because otherwise they wouldn't be selling VPS etc.

What do you guys think I should go for, any good Web Hosting companies you know of?

If you know any good hosting companies which are based in Europe, it is much better too.



Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old
Elite Webmaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida, U.S
Posts: 1,662
If you're doing web design, you would probably be better off using a reseller account instead. This way you offer your clients their own cPanel account with their website design, and can manage them more easily and keep things more organized.

__________________
HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

  #3  
Old
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Malta
Posts: 18
Great Reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post
If you're doing web design, you would probably be better off using a reseller account instead. This way you offer your clients their own cPanel account with their website design, and can manage them more easily and more organized.
What will the users be missing if I don't give them cPanel access? I can still give them FTP access without a reseller account if need be, right? I guess they won't need access to the database etc. I'm not sure if it's worth it giving my clients all the flexibility, might be better for me to handle everything + charge for the support.

Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 58
A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryn_90 View Post
What will the users be missing if I don't give them cPanel access? I can still give them FTP access without a reseller account if need be, right? I guess they won't need access to the database etc. I'm not sure if it's worth it giving my clients all the flexibility, might be better for me to handle everything + charge for the support.
For startup it would be smarter if you have lesser startup costs, and see how it goes.
FTP access will be smart for them, most web hosting companies offer unlimited MySQL databases, so you can give them access to that too.

Tip: Charge for support after the 1st support ticket, people like that

And plus you can always upgrade a shared web hosting to a reseller account.

  #5  
Old
Elite Webmaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida, U.S
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryn_90 View Post
What will the users be missing if I don't give them cPanel access? I can still give them FTP access without a reseller account if need be, right? I guess they won't need access to the database etc. I'm not sure if it's worth it giving my clients all the flexibility, might be better for me to handle everything + charge for the support.
Well, for starters, you won't be breaking your host's TOS. Most hosts will not allow you to resell your hosting account's resources if you're on a shared hosting account. Shared account addon domains are for webmasters/clients with multiple websites of their own, and not for anyone else. Offering your clients hosting after they purchase a design from you is considered reselling your accounts resources. Just think about that, and you will realize you're better off using a reseller account.

__________________
HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

  #6  
Old
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Malta
Posts: 18
Good Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post
Well, for starters, you won't be breaking your host's TOS. Most hosts will not allow you to resell your hosting account's resources if you're on a shared hosting account. Shared account addon domains are for webmasters/clients with multiple websites of their own, and not for anyone else. Offering your clients hosting after they purchase a design from you is considered reselling your accounts resources. Just think about that, and you will realize you're better off using a reseller account.
Another good point, I did not take this into consideration. I should check with the hosting company before hand then to make sure they allow this for example.

  #7  
Old
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3
reseller account is what you are looking for!


Last edited by Leeter; 03-26-2011 at 08:22 PM.
  #8  
Old
WHT Content Curator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 4,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryn_90 View Post
so basically with $7 a Month I can host all the websites I want, but this seems to good to be true, because otherwise they wouldn't be selling VPS etc.
I have no intention of derailing this thread. However, I do have to give credit to the OP for being smarter than the average bear.

  #9  
Old
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Malta
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppix View Post
I have no intention of derailing this thread. However, I do have to give credit to the OP for being smarter than the average bear.
Hehe, Well started reading some of the Terms and Conditions, and luckily like some of the guys here pointed out you start realizing why. But at first glance you get fooled.

  #10  
Old
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryn_90 View Post
What will the users be missing if I don't give them cPanel access? I can still give them FTP access without a reseller account if need be, right? I guess they won't need access to the database etc. I'm not sure if it's worth it giving my clients all the flexibility, might be better for me to handle everything + charge for the support.
Trust me, don't give it to them EVER. They will nag you to death about something not working and when they logged in to try and fix it they screwed up something that you have no knowledge of fixing.

You could look into a reseller account that provides support to your clients. This may be best if you're not around a lot. Also, it's also nice when you're starting out.

However, all this is a mute point if your looking to get into the hosting business as well. Just get a managed VPS and grow from there.

  #11  
Old
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13
I agree with HostLeet.

Lets say you decide all you want to do is CMS sites for your customers, it's likely that eventually you'll setup enough sites as addon domains on a single shared account and one day, you're over the cpu/memory/process/DB/inode limit imposed by your host. With a reseller account, you're going to have these resources divided across multiple accounts, so you're less likely to cause a problem.

A reseller account looks more professional, and you can give each customer their own login, so you don't have to worry about emails from your customers every time they need an email address, or something else they can do in their own account.

cPanel is allegedly working on a tool to let you separate addon domains as their own accounts, but there's no telling when that will be released, or if the shared host you choose will decide to make use of that tool.

  #12  
Old
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Malta
Posts: 18
good points guys, well i'm confident that after some time, I will switch to a reseller account, but I think for starters I'll get the Shared One until I have about 3-4 paying clients for hosting.

  #13  
Old
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Malta
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by speckl View Post
Trust me, don't give it to them EVER. They will nag you to death about something not working and when they logged in to try and fix it they screwed up something that you have no knowledge of fixing.

You could look into a reseller account that provides support to your clients. This may be best if you're not around a lot. Also, it's also nice when you're starting out.

However, all this is a mute point if your looking to get into the hosting business as well. Just get a managed VPS and grow from there.
Any suggestions about such hosts? I'm sure Host Gator does not provide this.

  #14  
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 42
You need to go with at least reseller hosting, as everyone like to create email accounts their own with their own passwords, so you'll need to provide hosting control panel to your clients so that they can create email accounts as well as update website through control panel.

Check Offers section of WHT hopefully you'll find good resource, Good luck

__________________
Web Hosting Pakistan. Affordable and Reliable Web Hosting Services by FMEOS.PK
Professional website designing and web development services.
Pakistan web Hosting, Domain Registration and Web Designing Services.

  #15  
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 83
WHT reseller offer

I thing each client will ask you about admin panel, so go with reseeler not shared hosting. Also you will broke TOS agreement if you take shared hosting and offer hosting to other.

__________________
PremiumCoding you recieve a vivid, eye-catching coding solutions.
Check our latest Wordpress Themes.

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SYN HOSTING: ALL WEB HOSTING PLANS ARE 50% OFF! [RELIABLE WEB HOSTING SINCE 2006!] Patrick Shared Hosting Offers 0 03-14-2011 02:27 PM
SYN HOSTING: ALL WEB HOSTING PLANS ARE 50% OFF! [RELIABLE WEB HOSTING SINCE 2006!] Patrick Shared Hosting Offers 0 03-07-2011 01:20 PM
Web Services, Web Directory, Articles, Web Hosting, Blog, $300-$400 per month!!! hitboy Domain Name with Web Site Offers 2 05-31-2008 02:39 AM
Swizi web hosting - Premium cPanel web hosting. PHP4 & PHP5. Fantastico included. Swizi Shared Hosting Offers 0 07-18-2006 12:24 AM
Swizi web hosting - Premium cPanel web hosting. PHP4 & PHP5. Fantastico included. Swizi Shared Hosting Offers 0 07-07-2006 06:26 AM

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Sales and Promos Roundup - December 12, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-12-12 17:49:03
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - August 22, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-08-22 11:36:10
Ideal-Hosting UG Listing 2014-12-10 12:43:05
Ideal-Hosting UG Listing 2014-01-06 19:15:27
Hosting-Mexico® Listing 2014-01-06 19:09:53


Tags
web hosting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Login:
Log in with your username and password
Username:
Password:



Forgot Password?
WHT Host Brief Email:

We respect your privacy. We will never sell, rent, or give away your address to any outside party, ever.

Advertisement:
Web Hosting News:
WHT Membership
WHT Membership



 

X

Welcome to WebHostingTalk.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

WebHostingTalk.com is the largest, most influentual web hosting community on the Internet. Join us by filling in the form below.


(4 digit year)

Already a member?