Gnax $2 shared hosting;s support is better than yours

My website is down for more than 4 hours, and there is no specific reason or clarification by your support dept.

weird answers

checking....

Most of the time your support behaves the same, a $2 shared hosting is better than yours.

IMPROVE your technical support, Be serious with your customers.

luckily if your representative finds this and ask me ticket number, here is the ticket number GWU-443316 to look.

Quote Originally Posted by sysguru View Post
    My website is down for more than 4 hours, and there is no specific reason or clarification by your support dept.

weird answers

checking....

Most of the time your support behaves the same, a $2 shared hosting is better than yours.

IMPROVE your technical support, Be serious with your customers.

luckily if your representative finds this and ask me ticket number, here is the ticket number GWU-443316 to look.
    Thats a bummer, Gnax has been around for quite some time and is (in my opinion, at least) a rather large company.

Have you tried calling them up? Perhaps you can get a faster update. Alternatively, why not trying to bump your ticket? Just respond to your own ticket stating, "Hey, it's been over 4 hours. I'm curious if anyone has had a chance to look into this. My website is still down."

None the less, sorry to hear about your luck. But i'm sure they'll get everything sorted out for you.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

Quote Originally Posted by Vazapi-Curtis View Post
    Thats a bummer, Gnax has been around for quite some time and is (in my opinion, at least) a rather large company.

Have you tried calling them up? Perhaps you can get a faster update. Alternatively, why not trying to bump your ticket? Just respond to your own ticket stating, "Hey, it's been over 4 hours. I'm curious if anyone has had a chance to look into this. My website is still down."

None the less, sorry to hear about your luck. But i'm sure they'll get everything sorted out for you.
    do you have any experience with them, whenever I had issue I have to suffer like this I am paying $4000 / month , only Jeff is a serious person who usually helps.

for your information I am continuously updating ticket, sent an email to Jeff , any specific reason you are defending them?

How is Curtis defending them at all? He's just giving you suggestions to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by sysguru View Post
    do you have any experience with them, whenever I had issue I have to suffer like this I am paying $4000 / month , only Jeff is a serious person who usually helps.

for your information I am continuously updating ticket, sent an email to Jeff , any specific reason you are defending them?
    No, no experience. Wasn't really defending the company, just pointing out that its not a brand new company with an unknown history.

As a provider, I like to think (or fool myself into believing) that when a customer of an established provider is having issues, that there is a legitimate cause for it. I "doubt" they're just ignoring you (but maybe they are, I have no idea), something has to be going on. I was merely trying to suggest to you ways of reaching them.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

[QUOTE=sysguru I am paying $4000 / month /QUOTE]

Man if I was paying someone $4000 a month for services I would be beating on their front door wanting some answers. Forget support tickets or phone calls if they're not doing me any good.

Our guys have rebooted your systems for and taken a look at everything we can but you are an unmanaged server client so we can only do so much

You know this though.

If you want us to login and try to find out what is wrong you need to update your ticket witg your passwords and it will e billable
    Make sure you let them know you are willing to pay for the techs to do managed work.

You pay 4 k a month fpr a lot of gear

You specifically declined to pay or management

Thank you for your business. Our techs have responded ongoing in your ticket and it has not been 4 hoirs for a response. Your thread is disingenuous. Btw you don't even pay us 2$ for management.

Jh
    Jh
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

[QUOTE=bruc;7360605]
    Quote Originally Posted by sysguru I am paying $4000 / month /QUOTE

Man if I was paying someone $4000 a month for services I would be beating on their front door wanting some answers. Forget support tickets or phone calls if they're not doing me any good.
    In June 2009 we were making license payments to a company in excess of $25,000 per month. Any questions I had went days if not weeks before we'd get a reply.

My disgust with such slow response times ultimately almost cost me my livelihood. It's pretty incredible how terrible some companies really are.... I bend over backwards for clients paying me $5 a month.

Sorry for the off-topic rant

Btw
    You had a 2 hour delay because you opened your ticket in the sales que on a Saturday night

Luckily one of our sales team happened to check the que and moved it to support for you so our tech team would see it.

We have verified all your hardware us up and pings Le and you have no hardware issues which is what is required for an unmanaged client. Just waiting to see if you want to pay for us to do admin work on your server since it looms like the http service is what is down not the hardware or network
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

if he is a loyal customer why not do the honorable thing and just sort his http server out? 5k a month is alot.. he could move his buisness else where, im sure 5k could get him the same + management elsewhere!

not having ago, its just hard to find loyal customers.
    Martyn

[QUOTE=Mekhu;7360803]
    Quote Originally Posted by bruc View Post

In June 2009 we were making license payments to a company in excess of $25,000 per month. Any questions I had went days if not weeks before we'd get a reply.

My disgust with such slow response times ultimately almost cost me my livelihood. It's pretty incredible how terrible some companies really are.... I bend over backwards for clients paying me $5 a month.

Sorry for the off-topic rant
    Really?? Yeah we do too. We have great support for paying customers

I am sure you don't work for free either though and I am sure there is another side to the off topic post you made that was simply meant to try to reflect poorly on us without knowing the dull story. Maybe you should stay on topic in the future.

This thread has already crossed the rediculous threshold in typical fashion

Have fun on it. I have better things to do at this point. I think everyone understands what actually occurred and why this Thread is a severe misrepresentation

Jh
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

One last thought here about customers

Is it really productive to run to a board and disparage your supplier partner about their support time?

I don't do it with my suppliers. Never will .

It's not a sign of a healthy professional way of dealing with relationships

You also rum the risk of looking bad personally if it turns out your support delay was due to your own error of not opening the ticket in te right place. The same goes for those posters that jump in to threads with random comments on a subject that they have zero experience with and know the details on
    It first look good to do this

Good night.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by MartynD View Post
    if he is a loyal customer why not do the honorable thing and just sort his http server out? 5k a month is alot.. he could move his buisness else where, im sure 5k could get him the same + management elsewhere!

Sailor I'm going to give you a "for instance". we handle some large corporate sites, ecommerce and financial, and they pay us big bucks to maintain their sites and do upgrades sometimes on a daily basis. These sites are on contract with us stating what they expect us to do for their given fees.

One of them called recently with a problem in their cms that was not in their contract to manage and asked if we could help them out. My wife took the call and said no problem I'll look into it right now.
    She didn't tell them we'll have to bill you for it she told them we'll try to fix the problem for you immediately and she did.

She called them back and told them where and what the problem was and she had fixed it and if they had anymore problems with it to call her and she would work on it again. CUSTOMER SUPPORT for a large paying client.

We found out later that a much larger company than ours tried to take their business away from us. DID NOT happen because of customer support to them.
    They called my wife and told her to add her bill for the help on their cms on the next billing cycle to them.
    My wife laughed and told them no way, we're your development team and we'll take care of you when you need our help.
    End of story...we won out over the larger company because of "customer care"
    and still have a happy client.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynD View Post

IMO, unmanaged is unmanaged. As long as the hardware is powered on and connected to the network...they really shouldn't have to do anything else.

sailor said the server was pingable, so more likely than not the issue with the sites being down is something the OP has to deal with or hire an outside worker to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    Our guys have rebooted your systems for and taken a look at everything we can but you are an unmanaged server client so we can only do so much

You know this though.

If you want us to login and try to find out what is wrong you need to update your ticket witg your passwords and it will e billable
    Make sure you let them know you are willing to pay for the techs to do managed work.

You pay 4 k a month fpr a lot of gear

You specifically declined to pay or management

Thank you for your business. Our techs have responded ongoing in your ticket and it has not been 4 hoirs for a response. Your thread is disingenuous. Btw you don't even pay us 2$ for management.

Jh
    Jh
    Thats very funny, All our servers are mananged, Do you want me to send you or post emails here where you offered managed servers, How come you are making it unmanaged.

Giving you customers downtime for hours , not replying to customer instead of bumping reponses what do you expect of me.

I have opened a ticket, bumped ticket, at last emailed to every existing address, sales, you, engineering to see the issue.

Will you compensate the business loss I have, Do you understand a single website using 9 giant machines, what would be worth of that site.

Are you any serious to your customers and business.

your support replied that one of my web server is not able to login what about other 8 machines, why cant I access those?

I am very much disappointed. (

I am sure you don't work for free either though and I am sure there is another side to the off topic post you made that was simply meant to try to reflect poorly on us without knowing the dull story. Maybe you should stay on topic in the future.
    My apologies for how that came across. It wasn't meant as a stab towards your company in the least. Was just me having an A.D.D moment while reading

I'd love to hear your thoughts on my "other story". lol. You've been around here too long. You're getting all paranoid on us.

One last thought here about customers

Is it really productive to run to a board and disparage your supplier partner about their support time?

I don't do it with my suppliers. Never will .

It's not a sign of a healthy professional way of dealing with relationships

You also rum the risk of looking bad personally if it turns out your support delay was due to your own error of not opening the ticket in te right place. The same goes for those posters that jump in to threads with random comments on a subject that they have zero experience with and know the details on
    It first look good to do this

Good night.
    I have opened the ticket at right side in support, you guys didnt respond for hours and at last I v emailed to every existing address, my problem is still unsolved.

You didnt mentioned whats wrong there except one server needs reboot.

My questions is:

All my servers are managed I was offered managed service in quote, I cleared that to Jeff many times.

Why do you forget this whenever I need help from support.

Even if you are unamanaged this is unacceptable I have an unmanaged server at webnx and they reply and resolve the issue properly, never charged me a penny to reboot or see a hanged server.

For your information:

WE have servers at rackspace

Webnx

You guys

and many other hosts, I am sorry to say I v found your support as worst.

One more thing, instead of accepting the fault and making it perfect you are playing a wrong this is for sure a very bad business tact.

The bes thing is to accept mistake and make fix it, Do you know why hosting companies pay refund and compensations?
    We are doing online business and we really care our customers and audience.
    Last edited by sysguru; 03-27-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Sysguru, I assume you have a system administrator on staff (if you were the admin, you'd be too busy for wht)? In this economy for 2-3K a month you could hire a full time sys admin, and I'm sure you could find someone to do part time work for a lot less than that, which is a fraction of what you pay for hosting if you have servers at rackspace as well.

What is your admin telling you? Can they get ssh access? IP KVM?

Quote Originally Posted by Question Everything View Post
    Sysguru, I assume you have a system administrator on staff (if you were the admin, you'd be too busy for wht)? In this economy for 2-3K a month you could hire a full time sys admin, and I'm sure you could find someone to do part time work for a lot less than that, which is a fraction of what you pay for hosting if you have servers at rackspace as well.

What is your admin telling you? Can they get ssh access? IP KVM?
    Hey, What a sys admin can do if network is unreachable those machines needed a reboot and after long time they v rebooted the machine and it fine now.

No one can reach to servers remotely, they were unresponsive to ssh or any service and we have no KVM access. We have proper server staff and sys administration but that is only affective for reachable servers.