Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Cloud Host ?

Hello i would like to take advantage of the cloud hosting technology and use this infrastructure to host my expanding number of websites, blogs and forums. I think their are some real benefits to cloud hosting and i think it will pay off in the long run when my sites are swamped with traffic and so fourth.

I will need a plan that i can upgrade whilst my network expands. I also need fast speeds, reliability and top security.

Ive narrowed my choice down to 3 company's that i like the most:

cloudweb.com
    speedysparrow.com
    site5.com

Any information from these 3 companies to help me make my decision will be great.

I will be a long term customer so i hope to establish a good relationship and be looked after by the host i choose.
    Last edited by VirtualVZ; 03-26-2011 at 03:21 AM.

@VirtualVZ - I actually did not realize I had posted around the same time as you in regards to 'Cloud Hosting'.

To get a rough idea on what you need, may I ask how many websites and forums that you currently have?
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee

Well i am still in the "planning stage" but i plan to have atleast 3+ wordpress blogs (one i will try and make an authority site) and 1 mybb forum of course this will expand.
    Last edited by VirtualVZ; 03-26-2011 at 05:14 AM.

I'm currently with speedsparrow on their cloud hosting service. I recommend it. Only thing I dislike is that you have to pay for emergency support.

I'm currently with speedsparrow on their cloud hosting service. I recommend it. Only thing I dislike is that you have to pay for emergency support.
    Thanks Ron!

The Emergency Support is based on for example tickets being posted to the top of our helpdesk if Emergency Support was being used, all Emergency related issues are easily prioritized within the system so that if you have an emergency with your website it can be dealt with more swiftly and more accurately as well as giving you the upper hand to get ahead of the queue.

Even though our general support does respond to tickets within a timely fashion and in a majority of cases within the hour, we feel that by monetizing ordinary support to emergency support gives the client the upper hand if they have a high regard to their website performance and security or whether they have a non-patience level with waiting in queues.

Emergency support does not need to be taken, but is only an option all together with the service.

Note: If the service was utilized there is a extended warranty on it's use if we fail to meet the expectations of Emergency Support.
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee

Thanks VirtualNZ for mentioning SpeedySparrow.

I am also looking into trying out Cloud web hosting, so far only Cloudweb stood up.

@Sean, are your packages true clouds ?

@Sean, are your packages true clouds ?
    Yes, infact they are. We have had a few members on Webhostingtalk criticize us for not being an actual cloud company and demoting us at the same time without any prior experience or knowledge of our setup which is really un-fortunate.

We are just about to launch our new services powered by OnAPP:
    http://onapp.com/ - These will incorporate all our new VPS Systrems and will also empower many of our shared customers once launched.

Though, in regards to the current setup you may be aware that we run all our current services through the GNAX Cloud
    https://www.netdepot.com/cloud-hosti...r-hosting.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    Yes, infact they are. We have had a few members on Webhostingtalk criticize us for not being an actual cloud company and demoting us at the same time without any prior experience or knowledge of our setup which is really un-fortunate.

We are just about to launch our new services powered by OnAPP:
    http://onapp.com/ - These will incorporate all our new VPS Systrems and will also empower many of our shared customers once launched.

Though, in regards to the current setup you may be aware that we run all our current services through the GNAX Cloud
    https://www.netdepot.com/cloud-hosti...r-hosting.html
    I think one of the main problems is there is no fixed definition or requirements to be an IaaS cloud provider, there is just a widely known fact that new need a few sans etc.
    HeroBill - On-premises Enterprise billing software for hosting providers
    █ UK Based, 24/7 Support Phone Support, Migration Services, Inventory Management, etc...
    https://herobill.com

Site5's is not too bad, even though I have not tried any other so far. Hope his helps!

VirtualVZ,

Thanks for the inclusion into your discussion on requirements. Cloud Hosting in general has several types of common services so of those services it may help to narrow down the type as I fear otherwise the thread could turn into an apples to oranges comparison which may confuse yourself, as well as others reading the thread. I will keep this technical, but try to keep it simple enough for those not so technical can understand as well.

First there are "shared" platforms. Ie: most commonly referred to as "Cloud Web Hosting" (our product is called Cloud Web Sites since you asked about us). The host could use their own control panel, or a popular one like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, etc. This is the common look and feel of traditional shared web hosting, but if in a True Cloud then providing the added benefits of location independence (mainly for failover and redundancy), scalability (aka elasticity, and mainly for using more resources on a given physical server or instantly migrating to another one with bigger and faster hardware, also see location independence), and added reliability (failover and redundancy again). When properly managed, "overselling" which has been a big misconception and concern for people is nearly eliminated as a host could just allocate more resources whenever necessary. Uptime is increased, responsiveness is increased, ease of management, and various other Cloud benefits make this a better service than traditional web hosting. This however should be noted that it is still limited to one physical server's worth of resources which I believe is a common misconception in the industry that this is some "unlimited" vertically scaling service. We'll get more into this later with Clusters.

Next the most common environment is Cloud Servers, aka Cloud VPS (our Cloud Web Servers). Personally I don't like to use the word VPS as by nature VPS is not location independent, redundant, and has more limited scalability (if a server has too many customers and you want to upgrade your VPS it is very common that the host will need to migrate you to another physical with downtime). But, many providers use the word VPS as it's easier to relate in the industry. But basically it's a private root level environment like VPS. Depending on the hosts technology it may or may not have dedicated, guaranteed resources. There are still virtualization technologies that permit sharing and bursting of those resources (mainly CPU and RAM). Each host will vary in their exact definition of this service, but generally it is best looked at to be similar to VPS, but offer a better feature set, and a more advanced level of technology which results in a better service for you, the customer. Cloud Servers are the replacement to VPS.

There are Clustered solutions. These could be shared (see Rackspace Cloud Sites), or private (our Cloud Web Clusters, Birdhosting's Cluster Servers), and so on. This is the "truest of true" Cloud hosting services that allow a single application to scale vertically beyond a single physical server. This is a near limitless vertical scalable solution just like how Clusters are done outside of the Cloud. The only difference is, they are not being built inside the Cloud. This however should also be carefully noted that this service greatly depends on the backend technology that is used. Some providers will say "sure, I can sell you a bunch of Cloud Servers and turn them into a cluster" but that is no more a Cluster than buying independent Dedicated servers all across a Data Center without shared storage, a private network, the ability to manage them as one, prioritize and control the startup order, SSL sharing, and a laundry list of other important items.

Now to confuse matters worse, with all of these Cloud Services you can then do it on Public Clouds, Private Clouds, or a combination of the two, aka Hybrid Clouds. Public Clouds being services where you are buying smaller increments and have no correlation to the underlying hardware. Private Clouds being your own private, dedicated underlying hardware built to spec exactly how you want it that is shared with no other customers (and it's important to note we're not talking about your hypervisor not being shared with other customers, but the ENTIRE hardware infrastructure just like if you were to rent a rack and co-locate a bunch of your own servers in it). Be careful as there are providers, including very large well known ones, who claim to sell "Private Clouds" when in fact all they are, are Cloud Servers with guaranteed dedicated resources (not oversold, which most of us do that anyways).

I'll stop this post here as to not go too deep into things in one post. Enjoy.

Well thanks for the explanation on clouds i think i better understand them now.

Yep, i decided to go with CloudWeb after looking at there cloud-web-servers as it seemed right for what i needed. I just hope they are as good as Jason says but i trust him and his company will deliver and he seems nice and helpful. But i guess i will find out in a few months when ive been with them for awhile.
    Last edited by VirtualVZ; 03-27-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arisythila View Post
    Jason is a good guy. I like him. :-D
    Me to. There was a small mishap with my order but he helped resolve it straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualVZ View Post
    Me to. There was a small mishap with my order but he helped resolve it straight away.
    Hello

VirtualVZ, Do let us know how everything works out with Cloudweb.

I was also planning on signing up for their base pacakge to see how it works, but there base pacakge only allows 1 domain to be run whereas I need 2. So im holding off of them for a while, i think ill go with Innohosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrukh View Post
    Hello

VirtualVZ, Do let us know how everything works out with Cloudweb.

I was also planning on signing up for their base pacakge to see how it works, but there base pacakge only allows 1 domain to be run whereas I need 2. So im holding off of them for a while, i think ill go with Innohosting.
    Hi, i went with their 512mb Cloud Web Server package and you can host as many websites as you want if you buy Cpanel+WHM.

Hi, i went with their 512mb Cloud Web Server package and you can host as many websites as you want if you buy Cpanel+WHM.
    I dont want to go with their web server, rather their web sites, but the limitation on their base package of 1 domain is a deal breaker for me.

I dont want to go with their web server, rather their web sites, but the limitation on their base package of 1 domain is a deal breaker for me.
    I think you will find it very hard to find what your looking for, for less than $5.

im getting a good deal from Innohosting for 6.99

I don't think Innohosting offer Cloud Hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    I don't think Innohosting offer Cloud Hosting?
    Yes, i am aware. I am going with their shared hosting.

I only need an option for using 2 domains, and they are offering. I dont care about the Hard Disk Space or the bandwith, as its a new site and i wont need that much of those.

I really wanted to try out cloudweb, but if only they offered 2 domains to be used.

How i want to use the 2 domains is that 1 domain will be the Main Domain and the 2nd domain will be pointed to the Main

for e.g.

www.domain.com (main domain)
    www.domain-hour.com (2nd domain only pointing to the Main)
    Last edited by Farrukh; 03-28-2011 at 05:48 AM.

Aren't CW's web server Semi-managed ?

I think they charge $75 extra, if you need a full managed server

yearly subscription

and what about yearly subscription ???

Quote Originally Posted by vpsbd View Post
    and what about yearly subscription ???
    You may check their plans at their site www.innohosting.com

Yes, I think we cannot post specific plan info here as a rule. But don't quote me on that.

What are your opinions on their 512 mb Cloud Web Servers speed?

I've recently had to upgrade from their Cloud Web Sites (which was zippy) to this new Cloud Web Server, which seems slow as molasses compared to the old shared cloud web site.

So for $30 more per month, my site seems to lag by 2-5 seconds for page loads compared to the $9.95 per month option.

Thoughts?

Again, it 100% depends on your traffic.

But I will say this, cPanel on a 512MB server = recipe for disaster. You need at least 1GB, preferably 1.5.

cPanel = PIG

A 512MB server without cPanel, however, would run pretty well with decent traffic, but this is not for someone that doesn't know the inner workings of Linxu.

EDIT: keep in mind that CloudWeb doesn't offer "unlimited" services. So that $9.95 you were paying gets you only so much traffic on a shared server before you would be required to upgrade. We work the same way - any customer that is abusing the shared servers gets warned. If the server is in danger due to large traffic spikes, the user gets automatically suspended to preserve the server.

On a shared server, you are sharing 8GB of RAM (or more) and lots of CPU cores.

Your site(s) have access to all of the power of the shared machine.

If you move to a cloud server with 512MB of ram (the bare minimum to run cpanel even) it simply will be slower than the shared box if your sites were already using more than a few hundred MB of ram on their own.
    dediserve www.dediserve.com
    Leading provider of enterprise SSD cloud platforms with 15 clouds in 3 regions
    Dublin, London, Amsterdam, Vienna, Frankfurt, New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Toronto, Singapore, Jakarta, Hong Kong, Sydney

Hmmm... Would be good to state that on the website ie "cPanel is recommended at least 1gb ram."

Thanks for your help!

cloud hosting is a new information to me and after reading this post i really wanted to know the full history of it

Hello i would like to take advantage of the cloud hosting technology and use this infrastructure to host my expanding number of websites, blogs and forums. I think their are some real benefits to cloud hosting and i think it will pay off in the long run when my sites are swamped with traffic and so fourth.
    I will need a plan that i can upgrade whilst my network expands. I also need fast speeds, reliability and top security.

Ive narrowed my choice down to 3 company's that i like the most:

cloudweb.com
    speedysparrow.com
    site5.com

Any information from these 3 companies to help me make my decision will be great.

I will be a long term customer so i hope to establish a good relationship and be looked after by the host i choose.
    Stay away from SITE5.com... They suck. CSR's are a-holes and morons; especially level 1.

You can also look for CDN like cloudflare. It would be good option also.

Cloudflare is a joke.

i never try before the 3 you mention. I try Singlehop cloud before, their line of dynamic cloud servers speeds and reliability are good.

Quote Originally Posted by d-Abraham View Post
    You can also look for CDN like cloudflare. It would be good option also.
    It is a cloud... but not a cloud host.

Quote Originally Posted by yuriko View Post
    Cloudflare is a joke.
    Care to explain?
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Search the forum you'll see the bad reviews. They just a DNS issues few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by yuriko View Post
    Search the forum you'll see the bad reviews. They just a DNS issues few days ago.
    Every popular product or service had some bad reviews. People are more inclined to write bad reviews than to write good reviews, but that doesn't mean that most people aren't happy with "x". CloudFlare has TONS and TONS of great reviews all over the internet. Tons. For some reason, they just don't seem to be reaching WHT.

They had a MASSIVE DDoS attack a few days ago on their NS. They mitigated the whole attack extremely quickly... within half a day.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

This is a very extensive review for web hosting sites. Thanks for sharing this one. Speedy Sparrow has this CloudFlare which look really great. Does anyone here use it on full extent?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast