A shining example of what not to do 2: electric boogaloo

Thrust VPS. I set up a vps with them for a friend and they seemed like a good host for my needs. paid for a 1.5gb dedi/1.5gb swap xep PV vps with them. got me all setup similarly to my friends and the performance wasn't anywhere near his was. I paid for an upgrade to my ram, never got it. Dissatisfied with my service i asked for a refund after informing them of their lack of performance. was told i could not get a refund and that i agreed to the terms of service which i've looked everywhere has no actual link to on their site(rus had to give it to me)

I'm unfamiliar with international law and i ignorantly told him that i should be covered under the DSR being they were based in UK but apparently its only for UK residents so okay i wasn't getting a refund. There's still the matter of my upgrade though. Never got it. told him about it, no response just a closed ticket. put in a paypal dispute. Login to see that my service was terminated.

So yea. Writing this at 6am so sorry if it's a bit abrupt and terribly written.

proof

http://mc.undo.it/pictures/thrust1.png
    http://mc.undo.it/pictures/thrust2.png
    http://mc.undo.it/pictures/thrust3.png

Hmm, doesn't look great from what I can see so far at all.
    I wonder if Thrust VPS will chime in on this, have you notified them of this thread's existence?
    Clook: Fully Managed UK Based Hosting CloudFlare Optimised Partner!
    Established 12 Years - 24/7/365 Support (<10m Avg. Response Time)
    Shared, Reseller, vServer, Dedicated and Beyond
    0845 867 2550 Sales - Visit our Website

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cow View Post
    Hmm, doesn't look great from what I can see so far at all.
    I wonder if Thrust VPS will chime in on this, have you notified them of this thread's existence?
    Rus has corp and will come in here due to keyword alerts.

Am I reading that right, they claim they are exempt from the DSR by stating that "the services may commence before the end of that cancellation period, and then the client will lose the right to cancel from the date they're provided access details"?

So, void the DSR by giving them access to the service they may wish to cancel if it's not working properly? How does that work? They should cancel before finding out it's not what they expected?
    This can't be proper.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Am I reading that right, they claim they are exempt from the DSR by stating that "the services may commence before the end of that cancellation period, and then the client will lose the right to cancel from the date they're provided access details"?

So, void the DSR by giving them access to the service they may wish to cancel if it's not working properly? How does that work? They should cancel before finding out it's not what they expected?
    This can't be proper.
    from what i was told the DSR that they have on their terms and conditions page is only for UK residents. So My business with them doesn't fall under any area where i can get a refund unless they take pity in me and give it to me anyways.

love the last bit

think your well within your rights..
    Martyn

Well paypal found in favor of Thrust/Damnvps I have such **** luck with VPS hosts.