Unhappy Facebook fan page disabled on fake complain

Hi,

I am running one of the most famous website of our country from last 9 years and have fan page on facebook for the website with around 44,000 fans, have also spent hundreds of dollars on facebook to buy fans,

Few days ago one of our competitor filled Intellectual Property form on facebook with false storys just to get our fane page disabled and when facebook read the email they disabled our fan page without any confirmation/investigation,

I believe in this way anyone can get any page disabled on facebook,

We contacted them for the inquery and they said as you know we have received complain from the 3rd party we will not be able to restore your page untill the complaining party will request us, please kindly contact them directly on the email address give below and guess what the email address which was used to submit false complain was INVALID and not accepting any emails,

Now we have described this to facebook many times and all the times they ask us to contact the complaining party which is impossible as the email address is not valid,

What should I do, Please suggest something to get our fan page restored.

Regards
    Sajid Khan

If you've contacted Facebook and they say no go then you're out of luck.

Take it from someone who has done something like this in the past, this very type of thing. You can't get it back no matter how much you try. On the off chance you do, I will warn you that most of the people who do this will do it once again to keep you down.
    WHT is now used as the Universal Hosting Helpdesk.

Is it illegal to use this way beat competitors? If you have evidence, sue the competitor. If you don't have evidence, have you kept your valuable fans' contact information? Or anything keep in touch when FB's down, if you didn't think about this, then I'm afraid you have to accept the result, it's nothing you can do now.

Actually my facebook account is still working fine, it was disabled once when the same person did reports with multiple accounts that my profile is fake than I had to provide passport copy to facebook and account got enabled in 2 days,

The issue is with fan page of website which has 44,000+ fans

Actually my account is still working the problem happened to fan page of my website,

Do you think it will be helpful if my National Response Centre of Cyber Crimes FIA of our country can write to facebook about it?

I never trusted facebook

Making a formal complaint won't do much. I hate to say it, but Facebook is just one of many large means of advertisement. Therefore, I don't see your case becoming a priority. This is not to mention Facebook not wanting to do anything, I cam only assume due to the high amount of actual fakes they get.

If you know the reports came from the company and can prove it, instead of following an e mail, why not contact the company directly?

@Jer37 : In the beginning we tried contact the complaining party and they replied "Please find the attached email from VP of facebook, according to their heads your page cannot be restored" and there was fake screen shot of the email with so many grammar and spelling mistakes and the email address is no more valid and accepting emails,

See fake screen shot : i54.tinypic.com/2lm9gko.jpg

As facebook is asking for contacting the complaining party only we asked them how to contact as the email address you have provided is fake and they replied :

Unfortunately, this was the only contact information provided by the complaining party, and we have no additional information to provide you. Please contact your lawyer or a law enforcement agent to discuss the matter further.
    Last edited by NetBug; 03-25-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Update : As facebook instructed me to contact the lawyer, I discussed this with my lawyer and when my lawyer contacted facebook they said only page admin can contact us, then facebook told the samething to my lawyer which they said to me in the beginning that as you know the complaint is received from 3rd party, resolved the issue with them, how the hell I can tell them that the email address they are providing is not valid :@

Do they have phone support? You'd probably get further with that. If Facebook are still being ignorant about the issue, take it to a higher authority -- I'm not promising you'll get anywhere. It might be better to consider other forms of marketing.

Sajid, you know very well that facebook doesn't listen to anyone. They will keep pages filled with hate speech alive but take down legitimate pages. So why don't you stop using facebook and instead promote your own site?

If the other party "faked" an email address, you could do the same. Send FB an email using the same fake email address stating you are the other party and all is fine.

* I do not condone this, it is just speaking out loud
    ☆☆☆ Miss Names - Cool domain names for sale! - MissNames.com☆☆☆

☆☆☆ Find a new pet for your home ... Find a new home for your pet - WeGotPets.com☆☆☆

Was your case with FB settled or not

I was writing a story on FB where I wanted to use your instance. It would be great if you can tell me if your issue was settled or not. If not, what were the reasons cited. If yes, what were the challenges you faced. Also did litigation take you anywhere close to getting back your page. Actually not many people go this far. So your case can be very helpful. You can also mail me at ujjual dot aditya at gmail dot com if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by NetBug View Post
    Hi,

I am running one of the most famous website of our country from last 9 years and have fan page on facebook for the website with around 44,000 fans, have also spent hundreds of dollars on facebook to buy fans,

Few days ago one of our competitor filled Intellectual Property form on facebook with false storys just to get our fane page disabled and when facebook read the email they disabled our fan page without any confirmation/investigation,

I believe in this way anyone can get any page disabled on facebook,

We contacted them for the inquery and they said as you know we have received complain from the 3rd party we will not be able to restore your page untill the complaining party will request us, please kindly contact them directly on the email address give below and guess what the email address which was used to submit false complain was INVALID and not accepting any emails,

Now we have described this to facebook many times and all the times they ask us to contact the complaining party which is impossible as the email address is not valid,

What should I do, Please suggest something to get our fan page restored.

Regards
    Sajid Khan

Quote Originally Posted by tech3tech
    I never trusted facebook
    No one should!!!!!

PRIVACY SHOULD BE #1 ON YOUR LIST!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Facebook is legally obligated to respond to complaints such as this. They're also legally obligated to investigate them. Unfortunately, sometimes this will result in the action seen here. Best advice anyone can give you is discuss this with an attorney.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

I am sorry to hear about this. Its unfortunate companies resort to this type of tactic, and hope you get your page back.

DISCUSS WITH AN ATTORNEY? Geez I can understand why the USA is imploding; a mentality like that - the New World Order trampling on constitutional rights day after and day and people take no action, yet citizens are willing to take legal action over a facebook.com account ban?!
    What substance must one see in life if they are willing to take Facebook to court for disabling an account.. How sad.
    Last edited by Kolusion; 08-18-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Start a new facebook fan page. As for privacy concerns, don't post anything you want anybody to see. You don't have to post your real information if you are paranoid. I hope that you know that the government and big companies were hacked recently. Use common sense. This is the World Wide Web for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolusion View Post
    What substance must one see in life if they are willing to take Facebook to court for disabling an account.. How sad.
    Create a project, invest 10000usd in it, then have your competition claim false stuff and see your 10000usd project closed down until you tell your competitor to take back what he said, this after you figure out who he is.

So I guess you'll just be like
    "... oh you silly competitor, you rascal, you see what you're making me do here?, I've lost 10000usd and I'll have to create another project... he he!."

Ah yeah, money was involved.. forgot about that.

Yeah Facebook are ****in arrogant dogs that don't support their users, nor business partners from the sound of it. I've always hated Facebook in every aspect, well apart from the fact its an open database that lets me look people up.

It is very strange at least. So in this situation you can contact them and say complaint about your competitor.????

While I do regret hearing the circumstance of the OP, the warning signs to not do business with Facebook were there from the start I.E: unable to get in contact with the company via conventional means to have a normal business conversation.

I think we are going to see allot more of this in future. The people of today like the OP have proved they are willing to do business with businesses that have poor standards.
    This is also a great opportunity for smaller businesses to use their superior customer relations skills, over the corporate bull **** "customer relations™".

Facebook does not allow you to buy fans despite all those services out there. Do so at your own discretion.

Though, there is nothing wrong with hiring an ad agency to build a quality fan base through advertising, giveaways and contests.