Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by remmal View Post
    Hi sysadmsrv.
    The problem is different here because it is not a rip off...
    We have suspended the server after receiving an abuse, and I think that it is our right to do it without refund.
    If a Western European or American DC does this same action, you will say that it is normal....But when it is a Moroccan Company who does this, you see that as anormal.
    We have no problem with foreigners, and don't considere them foreigners at all because our main office was in France and was moved to Morocco, just to reduce the costs I explained in a previous post in this same thread. Some of them are trying to host and do illegal things because they think that there is no law to respect here.
    We are a real business, a real registered company with real persons working on it, so there is no comparison between what we are doing and the "nigerian schemes" and other crimes you talked about.
    Hi Remmal,

We're still waiting for clarifications about the issues I came up with. Till now you said enough things that seemed to be false upon verification, and you failed to respond with any answers about that.

According to OP you first claimed that there are issues at DC, then you claimed abuse. You failed to provide any proof of the abuse though, nor any details or even type of the abuse you claim was done by the OP.

And no, most normal Western European and US provider won't suspend the server on the abuse, not unless the user fails to respond.

Thumbs down

Hi sysadmsrv.
    The problem is different here because it is not a rip off...
    We have suspended the server after receiving an abuse, and I think that it is our right to do it without refund.
    Your client has said that you have not given any details about the "abuse." His latest post even invites you to post those details for everybody to see. You also keep dodging the questions asked about your company.
    Andrew Borntreger
    Champion of Cinematic Disasters
    The Bad Movie Website
    www.badmovies.org

Sounds like an unreliable website. I wouldn't have paid for a site that I have never heard of without doing a little research on them. It looks like overseas hosting so you may have trouble getting this issue fixed. Sorry, seems like you got screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Badmovies View Post
    Your client has said that you have not given any details about the "abuse." His latest post even invites you to post those details for everybody to see. You also keep dodging the questions asked about your company.
    Hello Badmovies.
    I'm answering to questions about our company just to clarify. Our identity has been verified by 2checkout, and moneybookers for payments. And it has been verified by Geotrust (we were using an EV SSL, and are changing it by a Verisign one). The Geotrust seal is still on our Website and you can see all informations by clicking on it. So, the problem here is not the existance of the company. I'm responding to this thread only by respect to the community and to let you see that we are reactive.

I can not and will not publish anything about this customer or this abuse in public forums. But I want to clarify the situation : In our point of view, we suspended a server after receiving an abuse message about it. The customer was informed but he replies that he did not start to use his server, nor logged into since its activation. When looking into the server logs, we found many SSH connections from his own IP. This confirms that he knew what he was doing.

We asked him if he is sharing his passwords with someone else who can connect to its server, but his answer was negative and we took the decision to keep its server suspended.
    I will be glad to answer to this customer or any other customer questions, emails, or problems by email or via ticket on our website.

I considere that all efforts have been made to clarify the situation, our position and our decision. All companies have bad and good reviews, satisfied and unsatisfied customers, no one is perfect, but scam is a very severe word when talking about any serious business.

Hello Badmovies.
    I'm answering to questions about our company just to clarify. Our identity has been verified by 2checkout, and moneybookers for payments. And it has been verified by Geotrust (we were using an EV SSL, and are changing it by a Verisign one). The Geotrust seal is still on our Website and you can see all informations by clicking on it. So, the problem here is not the existance of the company. I'm responding to this thread only by respect to the community and to let you see that we are reactive.
    So you had this trial 90 day certificate from GeoTrust (of which only the seal is on the site), and you issued another DV trial one from Comodo the very same day, and use it instead of the GeoTrust because of what ? We are still waiting for explanations.

And how long does it take to issue VeriSign EV certificate?
    Normally it takes up to a week to issue one.
    Last edited by sysadmsrv; 03-28-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sysadmsrv View Post
    So you had this trial 90 day certificate from GeoTrust (of which only the seal is on the site), and you issued another DV trial one from Comodo the very same day, and use it instead of the GeoTrust because of what ? We are still waiting for explanations.
    - We can not give reasons on a public forum. But you can click on the seal to see. Verify the link, and verify that you are on Geotrust verification page.

And how long does it take to issue VeriSign EV certificate?
    Normally it takes up to a week to issue EV certificate.
    - For Moroccan Businesses, it takes up to 2 months. For Geotrust EV SSL, we had it in 22 days. The verification process is not as simple as in USA.

- We can not give reasons on a public forum. But you can click on the seal to see. Verify the link, and verify that you are on Geotrust verification page.

- For Moroccan Businesses, it takes up to 2 months. For Geotrust EV SSL, we had it in 22 days. The verification process is not as simple as in USA.
    Sure you can't. Just as you can't explain what abuse this customer performed, if any.

There is no proof that the certificate issued to you was/is EV - as there is no GeoTrust certificate itself anywhere on your site, that could be verified.

And isn't it a bit too long to wait 22 days to receive a 90 days trial certificate? And when had you filed the request for VeriSign - so when can we expect to see it on your site? Or even after you will receive it you will have to put it under the pillow and continue to use another trial certificate, for the reason that can't be discussed on the public forum?

And isn't it a bit too long to wait 22 days to receive a 90 days trial certificate? And when had you filed the request for VeriSign - so when can we expect to see it on your site?
    I will update this thread when it is done, just to let you see.
    We are going far from the subject of this thread. I explained our point of view in this post by respect to you, to the customer and the community.
    If you did not read it, you can read it here : http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...99#post7363899
    I am very surprised to see that you are searching for all reasons to proof that our company is a scam instead of defending us for suspending a spammer
    I think that all is clear now.
    Good luck sysadmsrv

I will update this thread when it is done, just to let you see.
    We are going far from the subject of this thread. I explained our point of view in this post by respect to you, to the customer and the community.
    If you did not read it, you can read it here : http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...99#post7363899
    I am very surprised to see that you are searching for all reasons to proof that our company is a scam instead of defending us for suspending a spammer
    I think that all is clear now.
    Good luck sysadmsrv
    So it's a SPAM issue? Why to offer him a server in another location then?

Lets wait for the response from the OP then.

So it's a SPAM issue? Why to offer him a server in another location then?

Lets wait for the response from the OP then.
    I'm not the person who suggest him a server in another location nor told him that we have a problem with 8 servers. The OP can confirm this .

Thread cleaned. Leave the politics in Social Issues, please.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

"I'm not the person who suggest him a server in another location nor told him that we have a problem with 8 servers. The OP can confirm this"
    I don’t know what’s your name on this forum but when I’ve contacted your company through email on the 12th of March to order a server Michel Kimper <m.kimper@monhosteur.com> was the person who responded to my request. And this is the person I was exchanging emails since then. But if you’re saying that you are not Michel Kimper – what difference does that make? A person from your company suggested:

“It is the first email that I received from you.
    The datacenter where you were hosted is experiencing some difficulties with 8 servers (including yours). If you want not wait that they retablish the service, please let me know, and I will find a more fast solution for you.
    Best regards,
    Michel Kimper | Chef de Projet - Project Manage”

Let’s move further:
    “I can not and will not publish anything about this customer or this abuse in public forums”
    Fair enough. I’ve requested details regarding this “abuse” through email a number of times and did it again today. No response…

“The customer was informed…”
    That’s a lie. I’ve contacted you first to see why my password no longer works!

“but he replies that he did not start to use his server,”
    That’s true. I didn’t use my server.

“nor logged into since its activation.”
    That’s a lie again. I’ve told you that I did login on the 13th when I received the details:
    “I don't have a ticket number - you support system was down! I've emailed you yesterday.
    I did login to my server once when I received login info from you, just to check that everything works - and since then the server was unused. Then yesterday I've tried to login for the second time and the Access was Denied!
    Nobody has access to my email except myself.
    And you didn't answer my question regarding of any proof of illegal activity.
    In any case - I want a full refund, I don't want to deal with your company after all this mess.”

But now you’re saying:
    “When looking into the server logs, we found many SSH connections from his own IP. This confirms that he knew what he was doing.”

You haven’t provided logs of “many SSH connections” – although is very easy to spoof. And since you’re so capable of lying I won’t take those logs as a proof.

“instead of defending us for suspending a spammer”
    Oh, finally – so now I’m a spammer? You never provided any proof of your words – not in public forum nor privately via email. You’re making up new stories instead.

My server’s IP was: 88.191.140.3
    It’s not coming up on google search as a source of spam and I couldn’t find it at any spam list. It’s totally clean. How on earth would it get an abuse for spam and remain clean on google search?

This server isn’t yours – you’re a reseller. Here is your initial offer through email:

“Thus, I can suggest you another server with Free BSD and within your budget :
    - Dell® VS11-VX8
    - Nano® U2250
    - 2 Go DDR2
    - 1x 160 Go SATA2
    - 1 Gbps
    - Unmetered traffic
    - FreeBSD
    This server is at 56 $ per month + a 75 $ setup fee.
    Download link for this DC : here
    NB : It is dedicated within Online.net Datacenter (Online.net does not accept non-France resident, and do not accept credit cards).”

I’ve tried to contact Online.net Datacenter myself to solve the “mystery” but they won’t respond to my messages in English. If anybody can help me to get in touch with the Online.net Datacenter just to confirm if there were any abuses on the IP: 88.191.140.3 between 13th and 23rd of March I’d really appreciate this!

I received such serious accusations (for being a spammer, etc.) – but there was no proof. If I’ll be able to get a response from Online.net Datacenter then we’ll have a 100% proof since www.monhosteur.com is refusing to provide ANY! Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

I just want to point out this bit:

“we suspended a server after receiving an abuse message about it. The customer was informed but he replies that he did not start to use his server, nor logged into since its activation”

1. I was never informed about any issues until I discovered that my root password isn’t valid.
    2. Then I was told that there are some technical difficulties at the Data Center and was offered a server at different location.
    3. After I requested a refund - I was told that my server was involved in illegal activity.
    4. This bit is the most interesting: ”we suspended a server after receiving an abuse message about it.” – But here is what I was told on the 23rd of March via email:
    “I have asked the datacenter for the original email of abuse and will forward it to you as soon as I received it”
    So it is clear that monhosteur.com didn’t actually receive an abuse as they are claiming. I never heard anything back from them after this last message (dated 23rd of March) and that’s why I’ve started this thread.

If I were a spammer why would I insisted so much on disclosing this abuse report in public? And what is the reason behind this: “I can not and will not publish anything about this customer or this abuse in public forums.”
    Why you cannot do this?
    I’ll happily receive that abuse report through email though – or you cannot do that either?..

Service shouldn't get suspended until the provider can provide solid proof when the suspension takes place if you haven't provided him with logs of what he done wrong i suggest your company should reimburse him for his losses.

Have you tried translating there messages you get?
    http://translate.google.com
    Everybody already knows, but its not the best translator but its free and it does get most of the stuff right.

Yeah, I've tried Google Translate as well. No response to my ticket yet.
    I've also contacted online.net abuse department directly - hopefully they'll respond soon.
    Last edited by kallmar; 03-29-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by GSpinkz View Post
    Have you tried translating there messages you get?
    http://translate.google.com
    Everybody already knows, but its not the best translator but its free and it does get most of the stuff right.
    I think that the real reason they don't respond is because Kallmar is not their client, and they don't really know who he is.

They only deal with Remmal, who buys and then resells their servers.

Here is my conversation with Online.net (the DC where my server was hosted at) customer support department:

I’ve opened a ticket on the 27th of March:
    “I’m very sorry for writing in English but unfortunately I don’t speed French and have an emergency.

I have many reasons to believe that I’ve become a victim of scam and I need your help in order to solve the problem.

I’ve recently bought a dedicated server from www.monhosteur.com. Apparently they are reselling your servers and I received this server IP: 88.191.140.3 on the 13th of March.
    I didn’t use my server for 10 days and when I’ve tried to login on the 23rd of March – the password was invalid and I couldn’t access my server.

I’ve contacted www.monhosteur.com to find out what is the problem and I was told that my server was suspended for the abuse! But since I didn’t use my server – it’s impossible. www.monhosteur.com is refusing to provide a refund, they don’t provide any details about the abuse report and they don’t respond to my messages any more.

I would really appreciate if you could let me know what exactly happened with my server IP: 88.191.140.3? Did you receive an abuse for it? If not – why did you change a password?”

I received a response today:
    “Concerning the server with the ip 88.191.140.3, it is not installed yet. That's why you can't connect to it.
    Without further information about the Online account owner, we can't give you more details.
    I invite you to insist on trying to contact those who sold you the server IP and to deal with them.
    Unfortunately, we can't do anything about your situation, since you're not the owner of the Online account which contains the the server.

I hope you understand our position.”

My response was:
    “First of all - thanks very much for your response.
    I sure understand your position. But the only thing I need to know is - did you receive a spam related abuse for my server IP 88.191.140.3 between 13th of March and 23rd of March 2011?

I don't need any personal details or anything like that - I just need to know if a reseller is telling me the truth and my server was suspended for the abuse?

They are not responding to my emails at all. And they never provided any details of an abuse. I was told that my server was suspended but I can't get any details from them. That's why I'm contacting you - can you help?”

And here is what I was looking for:
    “We don't have any abuse notified between those dates (13-23/03/2011).
    Moreover, a server that is not installed yet cannot be a real source of an abuse since there is nothing installed on it so it can't run anything and so generate any abuse of any kind.”

Which proves that monhosteur.com AKA remmal is nothing more then a liar and a scammer!

I can provide access to my control panel with online.net to moderators of this forum in order to verify this logs. And I demand this person to be banned from WHT!

Wow. That is a nice investigation you put up yourself, sincerely. If he ends up being a scammer, I hope he gets banned.

Hello Kallmar.
    Your server WAS installed with FreeBSD and you already said that you tested your login and password.
    How can you login to a server if it is not installed ?

remmal, are you planning on providing any proof of the three different reasons for suspension that I have seen so far:

1.) Datacenter problem
    2.) Illegal activity
    3.) Spamming

Barring any credible evidence to support one of these 3 different claims . . . I would say its a shame you can't edit the subject of this post to remove the word "probably", kallmar.

Hello Kallmar.
    Your server WAS installed with FreeBSD and you already said that you tested your login and password.
    How can you login to a server if it is not installed ?
    Well, I'm not denying that it WAS installed with FreeBSD. And I did login once on the 13th of March. So what? It is not installed right now - that's all.

But the important thing is - there were no abuses...

What do you have to say to that?

I absolutely think the webhost has explained his position in a clear manner. There are always people complaining and a lot of the time you find out that they were doing something improper in the background and are just not fessing up to it.

Remmal has not denied the actions the company has taken, only explained without divulging sensitive information the reasoning behind it. To me he appears to be clearing it up more than kallmar is. And going after him for his "SSL" is not a productive way to approach the issue.

My suggestion is Remmal request approval from kallmar to publically state all the things that were found out and then do so without sacrificing the security of their system.

Quote Originally Posted by Decius View Post
    I absolutely think the webhost has explained his position in a clear manner. There are always people complaining and a lot of the time you find out that they were doing something improper in the background and are just not fessing up to it.

Remmal has not denied the actions the company has taken, only explained without divulging sensitive information the reasoning behind it. To me he appears to be clearing it up more than kallmar is. And going after him for his "SSL" is not a productive way to approach the issue.

My suggestion is Remmal request approval from kallmar to publically state all the things that were found out and then do so without sacrificing the security of their system.
    Maybe you could start reading with the topic in full, I know it's like 3 pages. But how do you explain that a server is working fine and a few days later access is denied, server remains pingable - reinstalled, changed login details?

If I was the hoster I would have cleared the air right away, too many questions are unanswered. And too many sketchy replies are made, which make it even worse.

Mistakes can be made, maybe someone accidentally reinstalled the server (which should never happen, that having said). But if he has, why not take the blame for it.. what he's doing right now doesn't help either.

My suggestion would be to try and clear things up asap, refund his money or come up with a different solution.. Just take the loss and move on.
    SolidSRV Internet Solutions | OVH France HQ
    Unmetered Bandwidth with every server
    sales@solidsrv.com | +31 233-020-200

Quote Originally Posted by Decius View Post

What reasoning? There seems to be a different reason each time, according to OP. And no evidence of whatsoever was supplied.

The OP went as far as contacting the DC, and they returned a clear answer ( for a DC) that contradicts what Remmal said, but refused to provide any evidence for.

It was a problem in a DC, then once OP demanded refund an excuse of abuse was used. Remmal says that he has no responsibility over what his team says (which I'm not sure if exists at all - it could well be a one man show).

SSL is just a side note on the reputation of the company. Just like the lack of ToS/AUP on his website (check the other thread on WHT), or security of customer's information.

Anyone can claim an abuse as an excuse of any fu*kup he does. Did he forget to pay for the server? Or is it all a part of a scam? In the other thread someone else also paid for the server and lost his money over abuse of the terms that don't appear on his site.

If there was an abuse, than how the DC is not aware of it?
    And in any case before you take someone's money for alleged violation of the terms, show some evidence that you indeed received any damage that this withhold money should compensate.

To me this company doesn't seems legitimate, it's my opinion and it's based on the impression I get checking his website and the searching the web. I wouldn't buy from him even if he sold the servers at the OVH/Online.net prices.

If we have already 2 folks simultaneously on WHT (and lets not forget other dissatisfied customers i.e. the link I provided) which were tricked out of their money, with the "company" of the kind of size that uses 90-day certificates, than something fishy is going on.

And lets not forget that most people won't do anything, won't search for a forum and post their experience, partly because they don't want to look suckers in the other people eyes. That is the reason why most scam victims never go to the police to complain, and in many cases don't tell anyone else about how they were scammed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast