Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question do you still trust the web host review sites?-FW

there is a lot of web hosts reviews sites and directories,
    to be honest,
    do you trust these sites?
    in fact it's all of affiliate links and the star rating and human reviews/comments may be fake.
    which sites do you recommend if you have any?
    YAHU Inc
    http://www.yahuhost.com
    http://www.yahuhost.net
    Tel: +864000988767 Email:sales@yahuhost.com

webhostingtalk.com is the source you can trust. But people sharing here their own attitude to the certain web host and certain situation and your own opinion can be different. I just would like to say that there is no ideal web host for everyone.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

I trust reviews especially if they are placed on the review web sites such as hostsearch or webhostingstuff, etc.

Most review sites are owned by web hosting companies and I suppose you know which company id on the #1

It seems to me not all the reviews are trustworthy.

I always think its important to take customer reviews with a grain of salt. However, I will say that WHT is probably one of the better places to get reviews and unbiased feed-back regarding a particular company you are interested in. I think by combining WHT and any other review you might find via Google, you should be able to make a pretty good assessments about the company you are looking to move forward with.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

I think most people new to the hosting game possibly refer to them. Then after getting burned once or twice and learning just how unethical most are, they stop.

This is definitely the only place to really trust. The moderators here do a good job keeping up the integrity of the site.

WebHostingTalk is the most trustworthy site for reviews in our opinion, many of the review sites are affiliate links and the companies are only listed because of high payouts.

If the site only exists to show coupons, reviews, etc -- it's pretty much a sham.
    Look for legitimate users, on established sites.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I think WebHostingTalk is the most trustworthy site for reviews. The reviews here are posted by real users and verified by moderators.
    Sajid Iftekhar - Web Design Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by LXJTian View Post
    there is a lot of web hosts reviews sites and directories,
    to be honest,
    do you trust these sites?
    in fact it's all of affiliate links and the star rating and human reviews/comments may be fake.
    which sites do you recommend if you have any?
    Well most of them are affiliates

WebHostingTalk would defiantly be the right place to search for a stable new hosting provider.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Affiliate links on every host being reviewed can be a dead giveaway, but the sites do need to make money to stay operational, so they need to do some type of advertising. Here there are ads (paid for by hosts) but the community does a good job of weeding out fake reviews, which is why there is good integrity here.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

WHT does a great job with reviews, but there are other web hosting forums as well that do a good job. I do not trust TOP 10 sites for reviews.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

I think most of the customers who depend on Top 10 hosting sites are newbies to hosting. They may be searching for a good host and might be attracted to such sites thinking that they are reliable. There is no chance for them to suspect that they are affiliates. Once they experience the real time service of these 'best hosts' ,they may realize the truth and come to forums like WHT. Yeah surely this is one of the better places to search a review as this is well moderated forum.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

I trust reviews as I watch the words. What is the review saying. The idea is that you can fake some of it but not all!
    Coupon Site Script - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

Code Coupon Discount - Coupon Site Script in Action

Not really, we have a bad review on one of these sites and the customer has never hosted with us to backup his story, the review is still there -- fake in the name but leaves a dent behind for no reason at all but to advertise another service.

I would not trust them from a bar of soap!

Initially you can use reviews, but if you buy hosting in bulk, it is better to sign up with a host and test their service. Reviews can be biased.

I trust WHT.

However, I don't necessarily disqualify a host because of one bad post here. I see a lot of people who have a problem and then post here and say "don't trust somecompany.com, they are unreliable!" Often, we only get one side of the story.

Several such messages from different people, however, are worth considering. And positive reviews here carry a lot of weight.

Even better is when I see the hosting provider participates here - in fact, I don't think I'd sign up with a hosting provider who I hadn't seen on WHT.

I find forums are a much better way to learn about a company. Forums provide a users experience rather than someone who is getting payed to say good things about a company.
    VPSforMe.com - OpenVZ Virtualization with SolusVM Control Panel on High Quality Servers.
    VPSforMe.com - Inexpensive VPSs with great features.
    VPSforMe.com - 24/7 Ticket Support with FAST Replies
    VPSforMe.com - CEO Jackson H - Jackson@vpsforme.com

Trust WHT only

I do not believe on hosts reviews sites and directories. As most of the reviews to be fake and posted by hosting companies to promote their good image in front of visitors. So, I take my decision on the basis of my own analysis.

i don't trust any of 'em...

i trust WHT a little more than the others out there, primarily because of the fact that i've actually seen instances where unscrupulous web-masters have actually copied threads (and, in one case, the entire site) from WHT.

but the fact is that all review sites are owned by big-name technology companies (WHT is owned by INet Interactive and their registrar is GoDaddy -- i still can't figure that one out...) who have their own bottom line to think about.
    salamandir
    Bounded chaotic mixing produces strange stability.
    Hybrid Elephant - The World's Finest Exotic Incense, Murtis, Jewelry and other "hippie" stuff.

Regardless of what is being reviewed, be it web hosting or socks, you should always take it with a grain of salt.

I weigh reviews more heavily or ignore them outright based more on the credentials of the reviewer than the contents of the review.

WHT and HostPeek.com

There are two (2) places I consider trustworthy: (a) WHT. The Moderators try to eliminate reviews that are fake and/or where the OP fails to Report a domain name that is hosted with the company being reviewed. With time, one can get a "feel" for how the company treats it's customers, reading the reviews.

and(b) The other site is run by Dan, a respected member of the WHT community.
    http://hostpeek.com/
    He runs performance tests on the shared servers where he has test accounts, with a number of very large providers. I find the results *very* interesting. He has always been "up front" about the fact that if someone clicks on an affiliate link on one of his web sites, and then purchases, he will receive commission.

The majority, if not all, of other "Review" sites are not so honest and up front about the fact that they will receive commission money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast