What do you do with your VPS?

Im about to buy a VPS server and I had some ideas of what I was going to use it for, but I would like to do more with it than what i can think of.

So tell me, what types of stuff do you do with your VPS?

I host WordPress web sites.
    CapeWP.com
    CapeWP.com - WordPress for all of us

We host our website on one of our VPSs.

We also use them for LAMP and as VNC virtual desktops for software development.
    Akliz, Inc.
    www.akliz.net | 617-475-3266

I run bots for a game called runescape and sell the gold to people. Oddly enough this is bringing in pretty good money about 200 a month ith no work.

playing around

Host personal sites, email, VPN to watch hulu and netflix while overseas, stream mp3s to work, web app development, ...

I run an nginx webserver, PHP-FPM, XCache, and MySQL for some WordPress and CakePHP websites.

I run NSD DNS servers to manage DNS for my domains. I currently use 3 different VPSs from different providers for this.

I run a Postfix mail server to handle my personal email, and retrieve it via pop3s using Dovecot. A secondary MX runs on an alternate VPS in case the main VPS is down. I also use dkim-milter to automatically add dkim signatures to outgoing email.

I run OpenVPN for personal use.

I run Duplicity and rsync for backups. Duplicity automatically runs backups to alternate VPSs. My router running TomatoUSB and optware automatically rsyncs my VPSs to a flash drive in the middle of the night.

I wrote a script to do ping tracking and monitor various resources on the VPS. This runs on two VPSs, so they can monitor each other.

I wrote a script to capture a streaming radio show to mp3 files that runs automatically on a VPS. Then my router downloads them in the middle of the night and deletes them from the VPS. So I can listen at my convenience.