Web Panel like at DreamHost

Currently using StableHost, great service. But I hate cPanel and some other configuration stuff at StableHost. Everything is tied to the main domain and that is really annoying. For example if your main domain is, other domains users and databases has to be like wood_SOMETHING. For your ftp-username is like [email protected]. Price is great, about $50 per year.

I really love DreamHost Web Panel, but $8.95 per month is just too much. I don't need unlimited anything. Can anybody recommend hosting service that has something like DreamHost Web Panel. I really hate cPanel. Or is there discount coupon for DreamHost that is for life, not just for the first year.

Sorry about my (bad) english.

In the Internets
    Quote Originally Posted by wbotntl View Post
    Currently using StableHost, great service. But I hate cPanel and some other configuration stuff at StableHost.

If you restrict yourself to non cPanel, you're going to have a much harder time finding hosting as the majority of providers use cPanel. You might be better off getting a VPS, most control panels have some unique way of tracking a domain to the parent domain (in cPanel's case, sub domains, mysql underscores)

Are you willing to pay Dreamhost with a yearly payment? I'm almost certain you could find a coupon to lower the payments.

As nerdie said, not a large amount of hosting companies use custom or non cPanel control panels.

New York
    Out of curiosity, what do you hate about cPanel? It is certainly the most popular control panel out today - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Search for hosts offering Hsphere, however, they are going to be probably more expensive than Dreamhost.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

You could get a reseller account or install WHM/cPanel yourself on a VPS.

That way you can create multiple different cpanel accounts for all your websites making each of them their own 'main domain.'

To be honest though, if the only issue you have is the naming's a pretty small issue to get over considering how simply awesome cPanel is.

Many hosts use the directadmin control panel, check those out if you don't like cpanel.
    Hostjunkies Affordable Web Hosting
    Professional Web Hosting | 99.9% Uptime | Cloudlinux | Softaculous
    Daily backups | cPanel Control Panel | Tier III Datacenter
    Follow us on twitter @hostjunkies | 4+ Years in Industry