Experience with Cartika Exchange

I was looking for a new place to host my Exchange Email Account (I went from Sherweb to Google Apps but that's another story) and after looking through the forums I figured Cartika looked good.

My object was to find a balance between price and reliability.
    I have tried cheap Exchange accounts (ie 1and1) and will never go back there.

Sign up was simple but then I never received a confirmation email once the account was activated.

After contacting support they verified everything was setup so I logged in and started on the setup of the domain and email account.

The interface is nice and offers a lot of features and flexibility but there are no docs.

When I tried to add a new mailbox I received a cryptic error message. I contacted support and they added it for me.

After another chat conversation with support I was able to configure the MX records, auto discover, etc. (These settings are hidden on the site)

Webmail (OWA) worked fine and so did Active Sync, the problem I ran into was that I was not able to get Outlook configured correctly to connect to the Exchange server.

After some troubleshooting with support they blamed my ISP for blocking the traffic. I knew that this could not be the case since I have used it with other hosts.
    After around three to four hours of working on it I gave up and went back to Sherweb.
    Within thirty minutes I had my Outlook and phone setup and working.
    I have some minor complaints with Sherweb but for now it looks like I will be staying with them.

On the plus side Cartika did not charge my card and canceled my account with no issues.

It looks like they are great with web hosting but with Exchange they still have to work out the bugs.

Hello inspironxd,

Sorry to hear that you had issues getting your local outlook to connect to our Exchange services. It does seem as though OWA etc worked properly, so, obviously there was some sort of issue connecting to our exchange services from your local install. The issue may have been on our end, though, typically, this is an ISP issue. Eitherway, it does not matter - if it didnt work for you, it didnt work for you.

I am glad to hear that on the whole, you were not unhappy with support levels - and end of the day - sometimes things do not work out. I am pleased that leaving/cancelling was smooth for you. The last thing people want is to have headaches cancelling a service, that for whatever reason, did not work out for them.

We do have a very large Exchange install and a significant amount of users on it. Exchange 2010 is run on a websitepanel (former dotnetpanel) cluster. Things are pretty standard. I do agree though, we certainly need to document our exchange setup a little better. It is a custom integration on our end between hsphere and websitepanel - and I certainly agree, it does need to have some better documentation associated with it. We are working on it.

Eitherway, I am very sorry to hear things didnt work out and thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.

Godaddy seems to have launched a Exchange hosting service too.

Quote Originally Posted by inspironxd View Post
    I was looking for a new place to host my Exchange Email Account (I went from Sherweb to Google Apps but that's another story) and after looking through the forums I figured Cartika looked good.

My object was to find a balance between price and reliability.
    I have tried cheap Exchange accounts (ie 1and1) and will never go back there.

Sign up was simple but then I never received a confirmation email once the account was activated.

After contacting support they verified everything was setup so I logged in and started on the setup of the domain and email account.

The interface is nice and offers a lot of features and flexibility but there are no docs.

When I tried to add a new mailbox I received a cryptic error message. I contacted support and they added it for me.

After another chat conversation with support I was able to configure the MX records, auto discover, etc. (These settings are hidden on the site)

Webmail (OWA) worked fine and so did Active Sync, the problem I ran into was that I was not able to get Outlook configured correctly to connect to the Exchange server.

After some troubleshooting with support they blamed my ISP for blocking the traffic. I knew that this could not be the case since I have used it with other hosts.
    After around three to four hours of working on it I gave up and went back to Sherweb.
    Within thirty minutes I had my Outlook and phone setup and working.
    I have some minor complaints with Sherweb but for now it looks like I will be staying with them.

On the plus side Cartika did not charge my card and canceled my account with no issues.

It looks like they are great with web hosting but with Exchange they still have to work out the bugs.