* Looking for alternative to JustHost

Hello. I am hoping you guys can help me. I was previously with Host Excellence and had a lot of issues with my sites going down a lot. So I did some research and found JustHost. So I moved my 6 domains over to them. I am using shared hosting with dedicated IP. One of my clients complained about the speed of pages loading for his site but it worked fine for me so thought it was just his connection. Now I am having issues with page loading on 3 or 4 of my sites. I am based in New Zealand so I know the connection to a US server isn't going to be lightning fast. I can only get limited hosts in NZ and they are way overpriced averaging about $25 US per month for only 1.5GB space and 2-6 GB bandwidth.

Does anyone know if HostGator is faster than JustHost??? I was considering switching to HostGator after reading some reviews and looking at the top 10 web hosts.

Any suggestions??

How much diskspace and bandwidth are you currently using?
    CrocWeb Cloud - High Availability Cloud Website Hosting
    > NVMe Storage, LSCache, Redis, Global CDN, Unlimited SSL
    > Triple Data Replication, Automated Server Failover
    > Bad Bots, Malware, DDoS Protection

I am using about 800MB Disk space and between 10-12GB traffic all up for my 6 sites.

Thanks.

I would suggest to look for some good offers in WHT offers section,

you can also minimize the chances of being stranded in middle of nowhere by averting the "Unlimited" offers..
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtaz View Post
    I am using about 800MB Disk space and between 10-12GB traffic all up for my 6 sites.

Thanks.
    Well, you should definitely be able to find a quality provider to meet those needs. I'd search for a provider that leaves you room to grow, but not one that is offering a 'too good to be true' plan, thats what got you into this mess in the first place (Unlimited/too good to be true).

You NEED a limited provider, unlimited does NOT exist and its likely the cause of all your performance issues. Don't be fooled into thinking you need gobs and gobs of space/transfer when, as you have shown us, you clearly don't. Your needs are quite basic and can be met quite easily from a provider who doesn't oversell/overload their services.
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

I guess a west coast host would be faster for you. You might try doing a tracert on your current domain, and then one on my domain to see what kind of response you get for a mid-west host here in the US.

MDDHosting is my current host, although I have a VPS with them and not a shared reseller account. But, the support is very good and most of their customers are very happy, so I don't have any problem recommending them. The folks on the shared servers usually comment that the speed is better for them than on their last host (the forums there are open for the public to search.)

Another mid-west reseller host with great service is Dathorn.com; I was there with a reseller account for 7 years. I outgrew it in terms of CPU usage for a large forum account, and he doesn't offer VPS, otherwise I would still be there. His forums are also open to the public, so you can find a domain name for one of his customers and do a tracert on it. His servers are a bit farther away in Missouri, but may still be fast for you.

Thanks fshagan.

Your comment is very helpful. I did a tracert on your domain and got 170ms. My current domain is around 200ms.

I will give them some thought. They look pretty good.

I checked the offers thread but every host say they are best. Something I did notice with my previous host Hostexcellence or IX Hosting is that they were very fast.

Something I did notice with my previous host Hostexcellence or IX Hosting is that they were very fast.
    In my experience so far, Justhost has been significantly better than IXwebhosting.

Now I am having issues with page loading on 3 or 4 of my sites.
    This seems strange, because Justhost still uses a rather typical cPanel based setup, so your sites should be on the same server (unless you have more than one account with them).

Did you contact Justhost to inquire about this slowness you've witnessed?

I agree, it's definitely worth contacting JustHost regarding your loading speed before you go through the hassle of switching web hosts yet again.
    Review Hell - Brutally Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Helpful Web Hosting Advice
    Web Hosting Guide - Easy to Understand For Newbies

You may look for an enterprise provider who offers some sort of high availability shared hosting or even a Cloud virtual server in a clustered environment. Companies with uptime SLAs in SAS 70 II certified data centers on the West Coast may be suitable for your location.
    Linux & Windows Hosting Expert @ Contegix
    FedRAMP / HIPAA / PCI Compliant Cloud Solutions backed by 24x7x365 Technical Support
    Specializing in high traffic Drupal and WordPress compliant sites + highly customized solutions
    rjohnson@contegix.com -- 877-289-0395 x2018 -- www.Contegix.com

Think you should contact justhost to find out why your load speed is slow. I believe they will help you.

I strongly believe that pinellashosting can be considered as a good alternative. The thing that really has impressed me is the willingness of the support staff to take the time to explain things to a newbie who asks very basic questions.
    drasderiout.com

Quote Originally Posted by reswertious-adam View Post
    Think you should contact justhost to find out why your load speed is slow. I believe they will help you.
    I think they have the static range and they do not change it.

What's the location of most of your visitors? which country/area?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore