Best Server - Dedicated or VPS

Can Anyone share with me different between dedicated and VPS Server Hosting. I want to also know which server is best from both of them.
    Last edited by foobic; 03-23-2011 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Removed link to

A dedicated server is the traditional method of hosting any type of server. In this set-up, each server is run on its separate hardware installation and does not share any resource with other servers. A virtual private server or VPS is a method of hosting where multiple servers are running on a single hardware installation.

This is achieved with some virtualization software like veportal etc. that runs on top of the machines operating system. Other operating systems are then run on top of the virtualization software.

I want to also know which server is best from both of them.
    It would be easy to suggest, if you can share some details like purpose, budget etc.
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

New Zealand
    █ | Brad - Hoopla Hosting - Email or add me to Gtalk! brad [at]
    █ | Web Hosting New Zealand - Reseller Hosting - cPanel - Zurmo Hosting - Softaculous - CloudFlare
    █ | VPS - SolusVM - E3-1230 - RAID10 - 1Gbit

Vista, CA
    In any case dedicated server means more freedom for you. And I would recommend you dedicated server if your budget allows you that of course.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

Raleigh, NC
    How does a dedicated server mean more freedom? With a VPS you get full root access the same as a dedicated server so you can control the OS however you wish.