Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultrahoster Downtime - 5AM GMT - 23 March 2011

Hello Guys,

Unfortunately, we've had a server disk failure, hence the servers may be down for your service.

Don't worry, your data is intact!

We're working hard to get everything back online as soon as possible!

Please stay updated on this page!

Regards,
    Ultrahoster

Update #1 - 6.30AM GMT

The datacenter technicians are just digging up the latest nightly backups of all accounts.

More updates to follow...

Update #2 - 11.15AM GMT

Backups are being sent over to our network from remote servers. This may take a couple of hours as we are transferring terabytes of data from an offsite location. However we have given priority to our 1GBPS network so the transfer is done as quick as it can.

Updates to follow...

Hople it can come back asap.

We are working very hard, actually we're ahead of schedule as we're waiting for the machines (servers & network) to do their job. It is an unfortunate issue, but inevitable as hard disks do fail without much notice.

Should have an update in about half an hour.

What RAID configuration was the server running?
    Was it one HDD failing or a whole array?

Quote Originally Posted by ultrahoster View Post
    Hello Guys,

Unfortunately, we've had a server disk failure, hence the servers may be down for your service.

Don't worry, your data is intact!

We're working hard to get everything back online as soon as possible!

Please stay updated on this page!

Regards,
    Ultrahoster
    So nice and responsible Act.

Best of luck Guys

Update #3 - 4.00PM GMT

Everything is looking good, all data is intact and fine. We're just restoring accounts so websites should be up live. If you can't access your website, please wait a few hours for DNS to resolve. The Ultrahoster website shall be up in the next hour.

Please feel free to contact us here for any specific questions. Unfortunatley, we can't give a accurate time for everything to be up and working as we're literally waiting for the servers to finish the data transfer and rebuild the accounts which takes quite a bit of processing power, even with our Quad Core servers. However we do hope most of everything is sorted, before the end of tonight, GMT time.
    Last edited by ultrahoster; 03-23-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cow View Post
    What RAID configuration was the server running?
    Was it one HDD failing or a whole array?
    I don't have full details for you yet, apart from what's already been posted. The server techs have all the details, but we're letting them do their job. We will be emailing clients with details later on today (once we're back up).

Update #4 - 11.00PM GMT

We're still waiting for the disks to rebuild themselves. Some accounts are already working fine. Shouldn't be long now for the rest.

all my sites down hosted with u have been down at least 30hrs now

Quote Originally Posted by hayley2005 View Post
    all my sites down hosted with u have been down at least 30hrs now
    Hi, I understand your frustration but we really are working as fast as we can. Having high amounts of data to transfer has really slowed things down.

I do sincerely apologize on behalf of the company.
    Last edited by ultrahoster; 03-24-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks i will keep an eye on my emails for when your online. Sorry to hear ur having problems.

Websites stil not working. I think, that you don't have backups! Websites don't working at least 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by tomazg View Post
    Websites stil not working. I think, that you don't have backups! Websites don't working at least 48 hours.
    We do have backups on remote servers, but they seem to be taking longer than expected to be fully transferred over. I assure you, that your data is completely safe.

Also, it has not been been 48 hours downtime at the time of posting this message.
    Last edited by ultrahoster; 03-24-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomazg View Post
    Hardware failure can happen to any host !!

When data is copied to another hard drive, it is copied alphabetically i.e. A to Z which means, if your username is "yomato" then your account will be available on new disk at the end however, your client accounts could have become already available whose username's are starting from A,B, or C.

I suggest that you have to be patient as working with machine takes time.

come on. long downtime.

Please. when I can see my webistes and services of reseller streaming

My customers need fast use the services

I do not understand why it is necessary to wait that long. If you archive the data to be up and running after a few hours.

Please tell me when websites will be online?

My websites still don't work. This is been going on for the last 48+ hours.

Do you have any more info of when this could start working? My WHM username starts with letter "G".

Regards,

Tilen

I can't log into my cpanels at all at least give us some type of backup for our customers. This has been the most stressful company I have worked with. Just when you think the going is good (BAM) were hit with something else come on guys lets get this running smoothly already.

My site has also been down for 48+ hours. I understand it's a big task to get everything back this time but there always seems to be problems

This is madness. waiting to see my customers with torches!

Update #5 - 6.00PM GMT

Guys,

We sincerely apologize for the delays. It is madness here as our datacenter is having other hardware issues with the server, and we have no choice but to get new servers. This has taken far longer than expected, and we are ashamed of ourselves. We have been working endlessly with the datacenter to get things sorted quick.

Please bear with us.

Please tell us when websites will be online!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast