Hosting suggestion based on some criterias

Hi,

Can you recommend a shared hosting solution with a lot of file storage capacity and php memory limit of 128MB ? Basically , I'm looking for Hostgator alternatives since the 64MB php mem. limit is not enough for me (Drupal websites). I need a cheap hosting solution because the website(s) are for community usage - no profit whatsoever.

what's your currently disk usage?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

30GB (2h daily podcasts of 128kb/s bitrate) .So I need at least 100GB to be on the safe side.

Get a VPS or a small dedicated server, 100 GB is over the reasonable space for a shared account.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Jedito is right a VPS is the way to go, that way you can set your own limits within PHP
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Yes 100+GB of space in shared is going to be a lot, and if a host does permit it they may exclude you from backups, red flag your account to look for an excuse to cancel you, etc.

VPS and Cloud Servers (Cloud VPS) are going to be a good next step in the right direction to solve both of your problems, and still remain cost effective. I think you can get what you need for less than $50/mo depending on your bandwidth requirements.

I thought that the only reasonable usage for shared hosting is the storage capacity.You can get a cheap VPS with the same price of a shared hosting. Can you recommend a chep VPS with 100GB storage -cause I don't know any.

What does "cheap" mean to you? For me, anything under $50/monthly is cheap.
    Put a number on it.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I want to migrate from a shared hosting account with monthly charge of 10$. For me, anything under $20/monthly is cheap.

If you are looking for reliability, I would suggest to increase your budget x 3 at least. 100 GB of space and a Drupal with 128 MB per PHP process wont come cheap.

I doubt you will find anything under $40 p/month. If you do, it might be too cheap and you risk ending up with an incredible headache!

Have you considered serving your podcasts from one of the public services rather than hosting them on your own site? That will get you into the "cheap" category for your Drupal sites.

Disk space is expensive, so its going to be hard to find 100GB for $20 a month.

Do you remember imeem ? Podcasts were there until MySpace bought imeem and closed the service. I don't know any trusted service for this but if you have any suggestions I will check it out. I am thinking to serve podcasts through Amazon's S3 service if I can make it work.

You need to opt for VPS hosting or for dedicated hosting.

Don't go for Unlimited shared hosting accounts as ultimately they stop you some way, better move to VPS with 80GB-100GB space, or cloud hosting so that you have no problem in future, when you need upgrade.
    Web Hosting Pakistan. Affordable and Reliable Web Hosting Services by FMEOS.PK
    Professional website designing and web development services.
    Pakistan web Hosting, Domain Registration and Web Designing Services.