Looking for a large web hosting provider in Europe

Hello, All

I'm looking for a large web hosting provider in Europe with following requirements
    - Big company (the provider must have more than 10000 hosted servers)
    - Datacenter Must be in Europe
    - Headquarter Must be in Europe
    - Reliable network connection
    - Good support
    - Hardware load balancer
    - IPKVM or integrated IPMI
    - Hardware: Dual Quad Core Xeon E56xx/E55xx, 4x300GB SAS 15k, 12Gb RAM
    - CentOS
    - 5TB Monthly traffic
    - Server should be ready for use in few days after order
    - Non-managed hosting for me

I don't have price limit because looking reliable (not cheap) hosting.

Anyone any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks for your help

P.S. Leaseweb and OVH is not suitable for me
    Last edited by yoris2k; 03-22-2011 at 07:06 AM.

how many server you need?
    PraHost - 7th Year of Excellence with Stability
    100Mbit, 100Tb & 1Gbps Unmetered Dedicated Servers In NL, DE @ Leaseweb
    Pay via
    Paypal, Skrill, Payza, Webmoney, PerfectMoney and BitCoins

Quote Originally Posted by Prajyot View Post
    how many server you need?
    We need total 7 servers various configuration like this:
    3 x Dual Quad Core Xeon E5620 , 4 x 300G SAS
    2 x Dual Quad Core Xeon E5504, 2 X 1Tb SATA
    2 x Quad Core X33xx, 2 x 500Gb SATA

How are you going to use each server? - are they production servers? db? web?

Quote Originally Posted by vish2107 View Post
    What are you looking to do on the server?
    webhosting (2 server for site, 2 x for database, and other....)

Quote Originally Posted by yoris2k View Post
    We need total 7 servers various configuration like this:
    3 x Dual Quad Core Xeon E5620 , 4 x 300G SAS
    2 x Dual Quad Core Xeon E5504, 2 X 1Tb SATA
    2 x Quad Core X33xx, 2 x 500Gb SATA
    these are common hardware's. you will get nice deal from any provider.
    Pay via

Why does it need to be a company with over 10.000 servers? Also companies with less servers than that can provide you these services and they will probably offer you better support than the 'bigger ones'.

You won't find them anyway on these forums since the ones you mention don't qualify
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

Quote Originally Posted by ServerBoost View Post
    Why does it need to be a company with over 10.000 servers? Also companies with less servers than that can provide you these services and they will probably offer you better support than the 'bigger ones'.

You won't find them anyway on these forums since the ones you mention don't qualify
    Do you know company with very good support and by example more than 2000 servers?
    But anyway we need 7 servers with IPKVM very urgent and i think only big company have ready for use server in the stock

By example Softlayer provides the servers very fast (1-2 business days), but they are located in USA

I think OVH can provide the servers very fast but they answer with big delay (several hours) and don't want talk via chat/IM

Do you know company with very good support and by example more than 2000 servers?
    But anyway we need 7 servers with IPKVM very urgent and i think only big company have ready for use server in the stock

By example Softlayer provides the servers very fast (1-2 business days), but they are located in USA

I think OVH can provide the servers very fast but they answer with big delay (several hours) and don't want talk via chat/IM
    smaller provider also setup those hardware in 48h if they are in stock.
    Pay via

P.S. Leaseweb and OVH is not suitable for me
    Just curious, why not LeaseWeb?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Just curious, why not LeaseWeb?
    i think because of setup time
    Pay via

i think because of setup time
    Yes, they need 12-14 business days for setup

Contact UK2 they have a own DC in London.

leasweb.com is in Netherland and its good.check it

smaller provider also setup those hardware in 48h if they are in stock.
    do you know name of such provider (which will have these servers in stock)

Hello

We have selected rackspace at UK

Thanks all for help

please send me information about this D.C
    support and all things in it
    thanks

me too
    actually i would like to know what servers are you going to take and how much they will quote you

I recommend LeaseWeb and UK2

Quote Originally Posted by Showfom View Post
    I recommend LeaseWeb and UK2
    LeaseWeb require 36U private rack (1300 euro) if you need LoadBalancer
    This is very expensive
    Also for 1 hour guaranteed replace broken hardware you should to pay about 180 euro (Gold SLA)

RackSpace have a guaranteed 1 hour SLA to replace hardware
    For OVH this time is 2 hours
    Softlayer at USA have replaced broken HDD for 1 hour (really incident) answer for ticket very fast

If you don't need good SLA for broken hardware and don't need LoadBalancer - LeaseWeb may be a good choice

Oh, I forgot OVH, if you live in EU, ovh is a better choice

Quote Originally Posted by Showfom View Post
    Oh, I forgot OVH, if you live in EU, ovh is a better choice
    may be they have a good support, but they don't want talk via chat/IM (skype, MSN, jabber,...) and said that i should write email (to which they answer in several hours) or call
    I think hosting provider should adapt to client and if client ask to talk using chat/skype they should do it
    That's why OVH don't suitable for me - they knew that we need 7 servers but don't want even give fast answer by email (i have sent to them about 3-4 emails before i received any reply)

LeaseWeb have chat on their website and this is very comfortable
    RackSpace had contacted with our company via MSN and skype

LeaseWeb require 36U private rack (1300 euro) if you need LoadBalancer
    This is very expensive
    Also for 1 hour guaranteed replace broken hardware you should to pay about 180 euro (Gold SLA)

RackSpace have a guaranteed 1 hour SLA to replace hardware
    For OVH this time is 2 hours
    Softlayer at USA have replaced broken HDD for 1 hour (really incident) answer for ticket very fast

If you don't need good SLA for broken hardware and don't need LoadBalancer - LeaseWeb may be a good choice
    Actually, a full rack at LeaseWeb is 46U in size, and that is not the base price for a 46U rack. A base price for a 46U rack with 10amps of power (2.3 kVA) with 10Mbps 95th percentile is €549. "Best efforts" hardware support on the rack and any LSW equipment installed is provided 24/7 without additional charge.

SL does not offer standard colocation services, currently, btw.
    Last edited by LeaseWeb; 03-23-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaseWeb View Post
    Actually, a full rack at LeaseWeb is 46U in size, and that is not the base price for a 46U rack. A base price for a 46U rack with 10amps of power (2.3 kVA) with 10Mbps 95th percentile is 549. "Best efforts" hardware support on the rack and any LSW equipment installed is provided 24/7 without additional charge.

I can't understand why you say about full rack
    We don't need nor 36U nor 46U rack but i have received pdf with price for 36U rack - 1300 euro only because we need LoadBalancer for our 7 servers
    Softlayer provide LoadBalancer service and don't require pay for rack.

I know that "Best efforts" is provided 24/7 without additional charge but i don't see garanteed time for replace broken hardware. I see on your site: "Service is provided based on your position in the support queue.". So if you have long queue we must wait several hours

Now we use on SL Virtual Rack service (this is not virtualization) and LoadBalancer and both don't require colocation service

I can't understand why you say about full rack
    We don't need nor 36U nor 46U rack but i have received pdf with price for 36U rack - 1300 euro only because we need LoadBalancer for our 7 servers
    Softlayer provide LoadBalancer service and don't require pay for rack.

I know that "Best efforts" is provided 24/7 without additional charge but i don't see garanteed time for replace broken hardware. I see on your site: "Service is provided based on your position in the support queue.". So if you have long queue we must wait several hours
    Without knowing your specific requirements, we cannot solve your sales issues on WHT; you need to discuss with [email protected]. No one can guarantee a particular server repair time -- some issues require additional time to diagnose the problem, unless you just want the whole server swapped out with a fresh server. Trained technical staff like to get to the root of the problem. If you cannot afford to wait, sometimes a redundant solution is better than an SLA, anyway.

Without knowing your specific requirements, we cannot solve your sales issues on WHT; you need to discuss with [email protected]. No one can guarantee a particular server repair time -- some issues require additional time to diagnose the problem, unless you just want the whole server swapped out with a fresh server. Trained technical staff like to get to the root of the problem. If you cannot afford to wait, sometimes a redundant solution is better than an SLA, anyway.
    SoftLayer have guarantee for replacement of failed hardware:

--------------------- cut ------------------
    Hardware: SoftLayer guarantees the replacement of failed hardware and hardware components located within our data centers. SoftLayer guarantees a failed hardware component will be replaced within two (2) hours of Customer notification in the trouble ticketing system. Replacement of failed hardware does not include time required to reload the operating system or applications. Specific guarantees with SLA information are listed in Table A below.
    ----------------------------------------------

Also these guarantees have OVH (2 hour) and rackspace.co.uk (1 hour)

No one can guarantee a particular server repair time -- some issues require additional time to diagnose the problem
    I understand that diagnostic can be a big problem but we need guaranteed time if you already know that by example HDD is broken (Reallocated sectors > 0 or another problem)

Also (i repeat) for "Best effort" we should wait for support queue but we don't how long this queue usually.
    If i could write in "Best effort" SLA that broken hardware is 1st priority and guaranteed time for broken hardware 1 hour (not including diagnostic time)....

SoftLayer have guarantee for replacement of failed hardware:

--------------------- cut ------------------
    Hardware: SoftLayer guarantees the replacement of failed hardware and hardware components located within our data centers. SoftLayer guarantees a failed hardware component will be replaced within two (2) hours of Customer notification in the trouble ticketing system. Replacement of failed hardware does not include time required to reload the operating system or applications. Specific guarantees with SLA information are listed in Table A below.
    ----------------------------------------------

Also these guarantees have OVH (2 hour) and rackspace.co.uk (1 hour)

I understand that diagnostic can be a big problem but we need guaranteed time if you already know that by example HDD is broken (Reallocated sectors > 0 or another problem)

Also (i repeat) for "Best effort" we should wait for support queue but we don't how long this queue usually.
    If i could write in "Best effort" SLA that broken hardware is 1st priority and guaranteed time for broken hardware 1 hour (not including diagnostic time)....
    Actually, SL doesn't either. They allow themselves an escape clause:

Replacement of failed hardware does not include time required to reload the operating system or applications.
    We are talking about a fully serviceable server -- sometimes diagnostic or setup routines take longer than the guarantee. As we just said, if something is that mission critical, you should probably be looking for redundancy rather than just SLAs.

Actually, SL doesn't either. They allow themselves an escape clause:

We are talking about a fully serviceable server -- sometimes diagnostic or setup routines take longer than the guarantee. As we just said, if something is that mission critical, you should probably be looking for redundancy rather than just SLAs.
    We have redundancy but "Best effort" don't have guarantee for replace broken hardware. You can do this several month and say that you don't have guaranteed time and we should wait. I have asked your representative by email 2 days ago about statistics for replace broken hardware. He could say that your company do this replace usually in 2-3 hours, but he don't do this and show info which i have read on your site

I think company which have the guarantee is best suitable even if we have redundancy.