Exclamation Recommend me a host in USA for a Quad Core 8 GB RAM 10TB Bw server in USA

Recommend me a host in USA for a Quad Core 8 GB RAM Windows OS 10TB Bw server in USA
    Budget is $100 to $140

Server 4 could be just what you need http://www.fdcservers.net/dedicated_servers.php

Many options to choose from. Make sure before selecting a provider you research other's past experiences with them.

Saying that, do you have a specific location requirement within the US? And also, does the bandwidth need to be from tier 1 providers only? (no yipes, cogent, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Motiv View Post
    Saying that, do you have a specific location requirement within the US? And also, does the bandwidth need to be from tier 1 providers only? (no yipes, cogent, etc)
    A bit bias eh? Cogent is actually pretty good now a days - just has a bad rep and they do classify as "Tier 1".

OP - take a look at ServerBeach or HoneLive.

Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    A bit bias eh? Cogent is actually pretty good now a days - just has a bad rep and they do classify as "Tier 1".
    Technically speaking, Cogent is still not a tier-1 network. To my knowledge, they do still pay to reach certain networks. Not to say that this makes them a bad provider, but to be fair their routes/latency are typically inferior to other providers. They work fine on a value oriented network setup though.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    Technically speaking, Cogent is still not a tier-1 network. To my knowledge, they do still pay to reach certain networks. Not to say that this makes them a bad provider, but to be fair their routes/latency are typically inferior to other providers. They work fine on a value oriented network setup though.
    Yea I believe Level3 and Sprint they still have paid arrangements with, but that's it and that's all that's keeping them from being considered tier 1.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LoginTech View Post
    Yea I believe Level3 and Sprint they still have paid arrangements with, but that's it and that's all that's keeping them from being considered tier 1.
    From a technically aspect you are correct - but considering the fact they own and operate a majority of their routing equipment in addition to being one of the larger IP Backbons they might as well be considered it.

My goal wasn't to get in a discussion of whether or not Cogent is Tier 1 or not - more or less the fact that people classify them as avoidables when there are other carriers with even poorer quality standards such as HE and XO.

check securedservers.com they are amazing and great prices too.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive

you can try burst.net
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives