Linux Admin looking for a Part-time/Fixed price Job
I have very strong background in LAMP (Linux + Apache + MySQL + PHP), server and web application security and performance tuning.
I have been playing with Linux for the last 6 years. I am looking for fixed-price/part-time job in this fields.
1. Strong Exposure to Network Architecture and Security on Linux servers.
2. Web Servers - Apache, nginx (expertise in configuring apache modules:
mod_dosevasive, mod_security, mod_rewrite etc ).
3. Performance Tuning/ Monitoring of Servers using cacti, nagios, munin.
4. Mail - SMTP, POP, IMAP, exim, Mailenable, Postfix,dovecot.
5. DNS - named
6. FTP - proftpd, pureftpd, vsftpd
7. PHP - CLI, suPHP
8. Working knowledge of Database Technologies (MySQL, PGSQL), performance Optimization and Hardening.
9. Bash and Perl Scripting Creation and Alterations.
10. VPN Technologies (OpenVPN, Poptop etc).
11. Experience with VPS Software (Virtuozzo).
12. Kernel compilation: Good experience in kernel compilation
13. Installation, configuration and manipulation of 3rd party software.
14. Admin Tools - mytop, vmstat, iostat, top, traceroute, ping, sar, ntop, memcheck
15. Backup - tar, cpio, dump (ufsdump)
16. Security Protocols/Services/Tools - SSH, SSL, IPchains, IPtables, TCP Wrappers.
17. Port scanners: nmap, superscan
18. Vulnerability Scanner: Nessus
19. Crash Recovery of file systems - Using fsck
20. Server restoration and transferring of accounts between all types of server.
21. Good knowledge in web hosting Control panels such as Cpanel, WHM, Plesk, DirectAdmin. Kloxo etc
22. Managing User Accounts, File Systems, Security, Disk Usage and Backup.
23. Setting up new servers
I have worked with billing/support panels like:
1. Ubersmith PRO/DE
Knowledge in Security Installations/Configuration
1. Installing and configuring software Firewalls (APF and CSF)
2. Installing and configuring rootkit detection software
3. Scan and harden /tmp /var/tmp directories
4. Extended Binary Hardening
5. PAM Resource Limiting
6. Inetd hardening
7. Installing Brute Force Detection software (APF+BFD)
8. Tweaking MySQL
9. Host.conf & Sysctl Hardening
10. Compiling PHP to the Latest Stable Version
11. PHP Hardening (Tweak php.ini & Disabling of insecure PHP functions)
12. Remove insecure packages and unnecessary softwares
13. Upgrade Installed Softwares to the latest version
14. Install Mod_security apache module with latest custom rules
15. Tripwire installation and configuration
16. Port scanning techniques
17. Mailmon - Sendmail monitor installation
18. ClamAV - Antivirus toolkit installation
19. Install Exim Dictionary Attack ACL
20. Spamassassin installation
21. Setup RBL integrated with major Spam databases
22. Install & Configure MRTG
23. Core System Files Hardening and Optimization (sysctl.conf, resolv.conf etc).
Currently I expect part time jobs ( 4 hours a day ) and fixed price jobs.