How do you feel if you get a bad review?

How do you feel if you get bad review about your service;
    Defensive, Apathetic, Frustrated etc...?
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Take it and learn from it, but if that person has not spoken to me about their problem first, quite annoyed. And in that case I think a right to reply.
    I know some people who's back is up can go straight to publicly slating you but I hope most have the decency to speak to you first

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider99 View Post
    Hi Cool i am a new one here. i like to join from here. this is the one of nice forum
    Perhaps you might want to post something useful if that's the case, all the posts I've seen you make are this exact same thing - building your post count?

Back on topic: I agree with 'PremiumHoster' - although really it depends on the circumstances of the review, some reviews are entirely justified, while others are not.
    Last edited by SercoNetworks; 03-21-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Look at it, verify the user then learn from it.

Me, you and they are not perfect; so neither is they service you offer.
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

Bad review? Whats that?

But seriously, the situation usually gets addressed before a negative review is published I can say frustrated is as accurate as it comes. Many times being as clear as possible about what packages include and do not include help avoid misunderstandings.
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

There's a saying "one kick in the a@@ is a step forward". So the best way is to learn something from that bad review, no matter how do you feel.
    There are different types of clients, you need to deal with all of them.

Good luck.

it does happen all the time, some companies even do it for purpose.

I think its safe to say that its never a good feeling hearing your company name associated with anything negative. I've been doing this awhile though, so these days I just do my best to address the issue and move on.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

I don't know whether it's me.....but have you noticed the less people pay, the more they whinge?

I've seen people who've paid out a wedge, waiting a month for a dedi and still remaining calm.....and others who've paid a dollar for bottom of the barrel shared going postal? What's all that about?

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    I don't know whether it's me.....but have you noticed the less people pay, the more they whinge?
    I think that has to do a lot with affordability. Budget hosting generally attracts people who are on strict budgets, therefore their money is a little more important to them, than that of the person who has more money to spend.

Just my two cents.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Definitely it a harsh thing. One get the opportunity to say bad words.

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post

I've seen people who've paid out a wedge, waiting a month for a dedi and still remaining calm.....and others who've paid a dollar for bottom of the barrel shared going postal? What's all that about?
    I think that has a lot to do with hosting literacy. Most people getting dedicated servers pretty much know what to expect.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers

You should defiantly try to learn from it. However it can be quite upsetting if the person is just being malicious for the sake of it. Or if they havent approached you to sort out the problem in the first instance.

You just have to remember, you can't please everyone. You just have to be able to please as many as possible and do anything you can to please the displeased...
    Hydro Host Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro_Host View Post
    it can be quite upsetting if the person is just being malicious for the sake of it. Or if they havent approached you to sort out the problem in the first instance.
    If this is the case I would say the emotion would be confusion. I remember a few years ago realising someone had left me a negative feedback on ebay. I don't use ebay that often so it came as quite a shock when I logged in and was accused of not paying. Then started the battle in which I proved I had paid and received the item, the feedback was eventually removed.

They don't pay very much and probably they can't afford to lose money. If they had more money, they'd pay more for better hosting.

Learn to improve your services next time.

Quote Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
    They don't pay very much and probably they can't afford to lose money. If they had more money, they'd pay more for better hosting.

Learn to improve your services next time.
    Who is this directed at? And mind elaborating?
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

In this business you have to take the good with the bad. Like many others have said, you are never going please every customer, no matter how hard you try.

Valid Negative Review: This is something you need to take very seriously. Take the time to look at where you went wrong and put in a plan to prevent this in the future.

While all negative reviews do hurt, they can result in a way to improve your service and come out stronger. Don't try to cover up that you had issues. Address the review (if possible) truthfully and with your plan to improve in that area. People feel more confident with a business that owns up to its mistakes and have a plan in place.

Invalid Negative Review: These of course can be the worst and most frustrating. The number 1 rule should be to not let yourself get overly worked up about it. This will result in negative emotions that lead to actions or statements that you might regret.

Address the review and prove with documents or screenshots as much as you can right from the start. If you don't have any of that available then plead your side of things and let that be that. If you keep going back and forth over an extended period of time, you will end up getting more frustrated and angry. That is where your emotions can take over and become an even bigger issue than the review itself.
    Kevin Kopp - MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
    Pure SSD Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting Solutions
    US & NL Locations :: [US] PhoenixNAP | [NL] EvoSwitch Datacenters

It needs to review all the things and all the statistics.

I try to learn of them, unfortunately, sometimes, there's nothing that you can do, there some customers that are going to complain no matter what and you have to learn there too, to leave with it.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

The bad review let us learn things, but I feel frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by ITHost-KoreyR View Post
    Who is this directed at? And mind elaborating?
    Everybody that has a bad review.

What bugs me the most is there are a lot of illegimate bad reviews. As much as the Web Hosting company talks about the "fake good reviews" there are a ton of "fake bad reviews" from clients who sometimes takes small issues and turn them into big issues by posting their bad review everywhere.

Furthermore several times the clients are so upset even if the issue isn't our fault the client will go and post multiple bad reviews under different names, this ever happen to anybody else?

i think negative feedback should be seen as a positive. yes it is never good reading negative things about you or your company, but it is how you adapt, learn and change the things that caused the bad feedback that should be seen as the positive.
    No company is perfect and to receive harsh feedback can in the end if you act on the criticism make your company more successful

my two cents worth

How I feel if I get a negative review...

Very very glad that customer has taken the time to provide their feedback, rather than silently leaving and warning all their friends not to sign up. This shows they really value the service they are receiving and want the best possible service. Usually, the concern is legitimate, and a huge opportunity to improve. It also gives me the chance to demonstrate that our service is not like the others on the web, and we actually listen to customers.

I've even made a wall so customers can have their reviews posted directly linked from the main page of the website - and pay a small amount even for negative reviews. So far the only other host to come close is HostGator, with a review page just two links in. Ours is linked right on the main page of the site. Denial about problems is no path to a solution.

If it is not called for.

You need to finish it!

Bad reviews pay a lot. They can affect the growth of the company.