Angry Not happy with Coolhandle reseller hosting

I'm now into day 5 of not being able to send or receive email from mine AND/OR my clients accounts being hosted at Coolhandle reseller hosting. I have only been with them for a little over 2 months now and stupidly paid for a year of hosting.

I have contacted their "customer service" folks many times since the problem started last Thursday (it's now Monday) and the only response I can get is, "I have forwarded this to our admin team for further review." or "We are working on this with our Administrators to find a resolution." That's it. In 4+ days, that's all I have heard!

What am I supposed to tell my clients who are calling now about their email??? "I am working with customer service who is working with their administrators to find a resolution"? I don't buy that. I gave them the error code I get when I try to send email through the account:
    ERROR:
    Message not sent. Server replied: Requested action aborted: error in processing
    451 Temporary local problem - please try later

The keywords here; Temporary and Local Problem.

So, I am going to change hosts today. I cannot have this. I have a small business in a small town and word of mouth can kill me here. I can't play their silly game.

I feel horrible for you and your clients. What service do you think you will go to and what are you doing to keep your clients under control?
    “Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good.” - Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by reddem0n View Post
    I feel horrible for you and your clients. What service do you think you will go to and what are you doing to keep your clients under control?
    I don't know who I will go through yet. I DO know that I will only pay by the month at first, instead of paying for a year. As far as my clients, all I can tell them is that the problem is being worked on, since I cannot get ANY information from Coolhandle as to the REAL situation.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonahost View Post
    I don't know who I will go through yet. I DO know that I will only pay by the month at first, instead of paying for a year. As far as my clients, all I can tell them is that the problem is being worked on, since I cannot get ANY information from Coolhandle as to the REAL situation.
    It might be better for you to quickly move on to another company if they cannot find a fix for this problem quickly. Emailing is afterall a integral aspect of communication and it would greatly inconvenience your clients with every passing day.
    HostStellar.com - Stellar Shared and Reseller Hosting
    Features: LiteSpeed Powered | R1Soft Backup (6 hourly) | RVSiteBuilder Pro | Jailed SSH Access
    Guarantees: 24/7/365 Stellar Support | 30 Days Money Back | 99.9% Uptime SLA

No e-mail for 4 days,

that's not good at all.

i guess the other thing is only pay for short terms 1st 1-3 months and then when you have been with them and happy with the service they offer then you can invest in a longer term with them.

joe
    www.JGwebhosting.co.uk - CPanel Control panel, domain registration, Reseller packages And 24X7 Technical support! - Now Taking in Hosting Refugee's

www.JGpcrepair.co.uk - Computer repair, New Systems, Software, Hardware

Well hopefully you are able to get a pro-rated refund for the services you haven't used. Generally, I recommend staying away from companies that claim to offer unlimited diskspace/bandwidth (even if they are just offering on their regular shared plans and not their reseller plans).
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by sinha View Post
    I hope ur prob is solved by now
    Yes, they finally fixed the problem yesterday (Monday) afternoon. I got this email from them:

"We are in fact working on your issue. Please understand that you have not been forgotten. The issue is a level 3 problem and we are working quickly to get it resolved for you. We will have a response for you today.

Thank you for your patience,
    Cool Handle"

Then, like magic, hundreds of emails started showing up in my mail around 4:00pm.

Still waiting for an explanation of what happened.

This sounds like a rare issue and we do apologize for any delay. I will be sure to investigate the issue and contact you.
    Jack
    Cool Handle - Reliable web hosting
    Virtual Private Servers [VPS] - Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-PNH View Post
    This sounds like a rare issue and we do apologize for any delay. I will be sure to investigate the issue and contact you.
    I hope, Jack had taken your issue on priority and you must be a happy client again now
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanel®
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

Quote Originally Posted by hostmonsterz View Post
    I hope, Jack had taken your issue on priority and you must be a happy client again now
    Well... not exactly. I did purchase hosting elsewhere for a month until I see what happens.

I get that it may have been a "RARE" issue, but the lack of explanation is really what bothers me. How can I relay to my clients what is happening when I don't even know? It seems more like Coolhandle has 24/5 support instead of 24/7 as my ticket was submitted on a Friday afternoon and wasn't really escalated to a level 3 until Monday. Hmmm.. sounds like the actual tech crew takes the weekends off. At least that's how it seems to me. Maybe if they actually communicated with me during this "crisis" I may have better feelings toward Coolhandle but at the moment, no, I am not a happy client.

Well... not exactly. I did purchase hosting elsewhere for a month until I see what happens.

I get that it may have been a "RARE" issue, but the lack of explanation is really what bothers me. How can I relay to my clients what is happening when I don't even know? It seems more like Coolhandle has 24/5 support instead of 24/7 as my ticket was submitted on a Friday afternoon and wasn't really escalated to a level 3 until Monday. Hmmm.. sounds like the actual tech crew takes the weekends off. At least that's how it seems to me. Maybe if they actually communicated with me during this "crisis" I may have better feelings toward Coolhandle but at the moment, no, I am not a happy client.
    It would be better if Jack could give some explanation regrading this(If not public, atleast to your client ). And it is better to take this feed back very positively and improve on the weak points. I hope every thing will be resolved soon as Jack is willing to look into the issue.

The problem was related to a very strange issue. A directory that EXIM needed to write to required special permissions ("sticky bit") which was not there. We corrected the issue and mail was started being delivered properly.

Since our monitoring services showed all services working properly, we had to dig deep to find the problem and resolve it. This has never happened on any other server of ours.
    Jack
    Virtual Private Servers [VPS] - Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers

The problem was related to a very strange issue. A directory that EXIM needed to write to required special permissions ("sticky bit") which was not there. We corrected the issue and mail was started being delivered properly.

Since our monitoring services showed all services working properly, we had to dig deep to find the problem and resolve it. This has never happened on any other server of ours.
    Well, that will make my clients happy campers!!

Well, that will make my clients happy campers!!

Glad to see that every thing has been resolved finally and you/your clients are happy

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Glad to see that every thing has been resolved finally and you/your clients are happy
    Hmm... Don't know sarcasm when you hear it???

Hmm... Don't know sarcasm when you hear it???

Sorry, I completely misread it mate.

Well, another issue with email and coolhandle. What a sucky company. I am at my wits end with COOLHANDLE!!

Day 3 AGAIN of no email for my clients. If you need reseller hosting I highly DON'T recommend coolhandle. They don't care about your customers. This is a recurring issue with email from coolhandle accounts being blacklisted by major companies like MSN. If you value your customers, stay far far away from coolhandle.

Day 3 AGAIN of no email for my clients. If you need reseller hosting I highly DON'T recommend coolhandle. They don't care about your customers. This is a recurring issue with email from coolhandle accounts being blacklisted by major companies like MSN. If you value your customers, stay far far away from coolhandle.
    I see, this can be a variety of issues ranging from them not having proper reverse dns setting set-up on the mail server or it could just be that they had some spammers on their server which got the servers IP black-listed from various ISP's.

If you know the IP address of your server, you can run a quick check to see if the server is in fact black-listed..

http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

If the server is black-listed, you can either have them move you to a different server (that is not black-listed) or you can simply pack your bags and move to a different provider.

Either way, I wish you all the best!
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

its a good step to retain your customer and also to bring new clients. But I would suggest you not let these issues come again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post

Please PM ms so that I may review the issue. Be assure that we value all of our customers very much and I wish to offer you swift action to resolve any issue that you may be having.
    Jack

And now, the rest of the story.

Another "rare issue" with coolhandle hosting. In June all my websites hosted at coolhandle were hacked by an Indonesian hacker (among other websites hosted at coolhandle). That was a hassle, but now all the websites I host through coolhandle have been dropped from Google! OMG! Is this the worst hosting company ever?

Day 3 of "Internal Server Error" with Coolhandle, all my websites hosted there are down!
    I hosted on Coolhandle from mid-Feb-2012, and signed up for their 2 years hosting at $262.80 upon recommendation in Anik Singal's ProfitJackpot course. So far, the last 3 months have been hell.

- Ticket Support is not responsive, Live Chat is always "Offline".
    Most of the Tickets did not get thru' (no acknowledged email), their server is so unreliable that their own Ticket Support system is unstable?
    Later, I tried to append a new issue to an old Ticket that did get thru', but the reply is always
    "Thank you for your response.
    This request is being handled by our level 3 support staff. Their hours are Monday through Friday, 10AM PST to 7PM PST (USA Time). They will respond promptly during those hours."
    and they need a human to send out this reply!?

- Server memory is very little, my websites keep getting "Cannot allocate memory" in the Error Log. They later increased the server memory.

- Some functions of the ProfitJackpot system did not work on Coolhandle sever, they moved my sites to another server to make it work.

- My websites dropped in Google rankings (PR 3 to 0 or U!) on Coolhandle sever. Also see below.

- Emails not able to send to Gmail accounts (tried a few different Gmail accounts), though Yahoo! Mail seems to be able to get thru. Maybe Coolhandle sever filtered or black-listed by Google?

- Certain common functions not enabled like Awstat and jailshell linux commands mutt, uuencode, mail, mysql, etc.
    Coolhandle reply - "Note that although the software you are requesting is commonly used on Unix systems, it is not commonly provided out of the box on cPanel servers."
    Basically, the SSH remote shell login is useless on Coolhandle servers.

All my sites have been down since 11-May-2012 (more than 3 days, CharmGems account), and I am still waiting for Coolhandle to check on "Internal Server Error".

I would like to ask for advice on:
    - How to get Coolhandle refund for the 2-yr hosting with them
    - Make a formal complaint to BBB about Coolhandle
    Thanks,
    Derrick

I also cross-posted this to warn others about Coolhandle at
    Vistainter website, search for "Reviews of Coolhandle".

My websites hosted at Coolhandle still down (after 3 days, CharmGems com), and no response from their Ticket Support. What to do now?
    Last edited by matrixe; 05-14-2012 at 10:33 AM.

"Reply" from Coolhandle:

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY.

WE ALREADY SUBMIT TICKETS MORE THAN 3 TIMES IN "CLIENT AREA".

Derrick

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Cool Handle <[email protected]> wrote:

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY.

WE CANNOT OFFER SUPPORT ON THIS ISSUE WITHOUT YOU SUBMITTING A PROPER TICKET.

In order to ensure the highest level of security for our customers, we require for you to submit a support ticket within the CLIENT AREA. This is requested in order to verify your level of access to the account.

The CLIENT AREA is located at https://secure.coolhandle.com

If you do not remember your password, please use the FORGOT PASSWORD feature.

Thank you,
    Cool Handle

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: YMH-585863
    Department: Billing
    Priority: Urgent

thats very rude of them to use CAPS. i would leave if i where you.

Just got a reply on formal complaint about Coolhandle at Better Business Bureau (BBB).

Seems that Coolhandle will not refund us.
    *Need 5 posts before able to use any of this board's vB code features, which include linking to URLs (BBB website below).

I filed a formal complaint about Coolhandle at Better Business Bureau (BBB).
    http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...s-CA-100095114
    Complaint Resolution Log > BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response >
    05/18/2012 Problems with Product/Service

Did not know there are so many formal complaints about Coolhandle. Should have check BBB before using Coolhandle recommended by Anik Singal's ProfitJackpot course (see Comment 23 above).
    In the 2 weeks Coolhandle took to reply to BBB, they got another 3 complaints. Company that bad need to be stop permanently from doing business.

Seems that Coolhandle will not do any refund, now have to use the Coolhandle hosting for my low-priority websites, and REMEMBER to cancel at least 15 days before expiry date (better 30 days in advance), else they will auto renew and you cannot get back your future $. See their FAQ.
    $262.80 down the drain, wasted lots of time & emotional energy

The BBB won't really do anything; you're just wasting time.
    Google is a better way to read reviews on hosts (or pretty much anything else these days).

I liked CoolHandle back when it was Pronet Hosting. Not sure what happened. (Buyout?)
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

* Formal complaint about Coolhandle at Better Business Bureau (BBB)

Coolhandle just tried to get me to remove all my postings.

But too late, I already copy & paste my BBB complaint to 5 other web-hosting review sites.

Talk about business ethics!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:17 AM
    Subject: [#NKV-272441]: Refund Offer

Derrick,

I am in receipt of the complaint you posted on Webhostingtalk.com <http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1033029&page=2>. As previously expressed, you are outside of the refund period but we would like to offer you a refund of your hosting fees if you remove your complaint from Webhostingtalk.com. Please let us know if this arrangement works for you.

Thanks,
    Adam R.

They cannot remove the review.
    In fact, neither can you. Once it's here, it's here.