Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you actually get 150TB?

I'm with Wizzsolutions, and have their 150TB server. I went for the "middle" server, the Intel i3.

I'm running an application that uses about 15% CPU. RAM has been not more than 70% used.

The most bandwidth I have ever seen is 60Mbps.

Users report highly variable bandwidth. Many users are unhappy with random slowdowns. There is no reason each user can't get the full bandwidth, but frequently, they are finding limits on what they can get.

60Mbps is equivalent to 19TB a month. That's a lot, but not as much as 150TB a month. And that's my peak bandwidth. Usually I'm getting around 30Mbps.

So I have to wonder whether the Wizzsolutions 150TB server is really on an oversold network...how would I ever know?

Are other users getting more speed? Is it worth setting up a server at 100TB.com to see if the speeds are any better?

You are on a shared 1Gbit port most likely. 1Gbit unmetered would cost a lot more than that if you had it all to yourself.
    Have you enquired with them, to see if the 2gbit unmetered network is less congested?
    Expect to pay a lot more for quality 1Gbit unmetered, dedicated port.

Additionally, here is the piece applicable to you from http://www.wizzsolutions.com/terms-of-service/

23. Bandwidth:
    The bandwidth allocation that comes with your server (100mbps or 1GBPS) is completely usable and you can burst to the full port size. Your monthly usage must not be over 35% of this allocated rate (35 mbps or 350mbps) or your account will be subject for review.
    Nothing in life is completely free.. or unmetered

I've got a server with them as well. Looking at my graphs, I do see some major dips in transfer rate, but that could be the fault of our proxy application as we've had issues like that before even without any network problems happening. I can say that we can easily enough use 300 megabit full duplex, as we often do with that server.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Quote Originally Posted by StevenG View Post
    You are on a shared 1Gbit port most likely. 1Gbit unmetered would cost a lot more than that if you had it all to yourself.
    Have you enquired with them, to see if the 2gbit unmetered network is less congested?

Additionally, here is the piece applicable to you from http://www.wizzsolutions.com/terms-of-service/

Yes, it's like hosting in those "unlimited space and bandwidth" companies who ban your website when you have used 3GB of space because you violated "fair usage" policy.

that seems to be their resold GNAX stuff, not the bluemile/150TB stuff

It was quite hard to find the TOS, as on the site I could only find the terms was behind the order page.. which I couldn't be bothered to fill out. I just used google to find that page, it doesn't state it is specifically for any network from what I read - appears to be a global get out clause.

I think you can contact their company representative and ask why.
    I assume they might tell you about some hidden limits
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

Traffic is not cheap and this is main price of server rental services. If you expect to get 150TB data for 250$... sorry... You're a victim of marketing
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

Quote Originally Posted by DuomenuCentras View Post
    Traffic is not cheap and this is main price of server rental services. If you expect to get 150TB data for 250$... sorry... You're a victim of marketing
    Wait, you mean to tell me they can't possibly make money at $250 if you are using 300+mbps? Lies!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    Wait, you mean to tell me they can't possibly make money at $250 if you are using 300+mbps? Lies!
    server hardware, place for server ( building and infrastructure ), employees ( managed servers ), electricity, merchant services... Well, it's about 70 - 80$/month per server.
    So we have free 170 - 180$.

150 TB / 180 = 0.83$ per TB!!! WOW! 0.27$ per 1mbps. VERY NICE! Can you show me a wholesaler that can give such prices? I will buy few hundred Gbps!

so, Who is a liar?
    Last edited by Andreo-Bacloud; 03-21-2011 at 04:47 AM.

350 Mbps = 109.721463 terabytes per month

So, the product is questionably marketed anyway, if the TOS is a true reflection.
    Because the TOS was so hard to find, I would have skipped them anyway. But would have never expected to be getting anywhere near what they were advertising in the first place..

350 Mbps = 109.721463 terabytes per month

So, the product is questionably marketed anyway, if the TOS is a true reflection.

350 Mbps = 2 x ~115 terabytes per month = 230MB/mo if the inbound traffic is metered.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 03-21-2011 at 05:52 AM.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

350 Mbps = 2 x ~115 terabytes per month = 230MB/mo if the inbound traffic is metered
    Interesting way to calcluate data... best to ask the company what they mean when they say 150TB.. it doesn't say in and out or one or the other, whatever you are getting a lot of bw for not a lot of coin even at 30-60Mbps..

well that is always at the assumption most clients won't use 150TB bandwidth of course
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Interesting way to calcluate data.....

230TB/mo if the inbound traffic is metered

150 TB - about 500mbps( 50% average of 1gbps port ). If they said 35% average, they lying about 150TB. Simple.

other way, they count both in/out trafic and 150 = 2 x 75TB

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    that seems to be their resold GNAX stuff, not the bluemile/150TB stuff
    Ryan, I don't think these servers are on out network - have the OP post the IP to confirm.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Hello,

Whoever unsure about the 150TB offers can read further here:
    http://bluemilecloud.com/2011/01/wizzsolutions-servers/

Thank you.

I highly doubt you really get that amount, to get that you'd have to pay quite a bit extra

i have tried hostizzle vpn, and i'm only getting 200-500kbps on a trial account.

i tried other vpn hosted on a vps and i was able to get 1-1.5mbps

Quote Originally Posted by WizzSupport View Post
    Hello,

Whoever unsure about the 150TB offers can read further here:
    http://bluemilecloud.com/2011/01/wizzsolutions-servers/

Thank you.
    Is it just me or does this post not actually answer the op just mention that they are selling 150tb plans from bluemile cloud?

Quote Originally Posted by THAMAN View Post
    Ryan, I don't think these servers are on out network - have the OP post the IP to confirm.
    Its definitely at the bluemile place- we dont have i3 systems.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Strange.. I'd still check out 100tb, they are a solid company and are true to there plans. I was with them in the past and I liked them alot just got to pricy at the time and I had to pack up and move but I would recommend them to anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronn View Post
    Strange.. I'd still check out 100tb, they are a solid company and are true to there plans. I was with them in the past and I liked them alot just got to pricy at the time and I had to pack up and move but I would recommend them to anyone!
    Oh, really? Had the SimpleCDN case showed you nothing - as 100TB is loosing money on any customer that actually uses near the 100 TB/month traffic, it will disconnect anyone who do.

The "100TB" seems to be a simple marketing trick to me, and works the same way like the unlimited space/traffic shared hosting, which is quite simple.

They simply know that most users after buying the "100TB/month" package will use less 100GB/month and in many cases even much much less.

The worst thing is that you will never really know what is the actual usage limit after which your servers will be instantly disconnected and you will let go, hopefully with an off-site backup you performed, if you were smart enough in the first place.

Surely that means that 100TB is not a good place to put your business critical servers in.

Quote Originally Posted by sysadmsrv View Post
    Oh, really? Had the SimpleCDN case showed you nothing - as 100TB is loosing money on any customer that actually uses near the 100 TB/month traffic, it will disconnect anyone who do.

The "100TB" seems to be a simple marketing trick to me, and works the same way like the unlimited space/traffic shared hosting, which is quite simple.

They simply know that most users after buying the "100TB/month" package will use less 100GB/month and in many cases even much much less.
    First thing that popped into my head was this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast