Which is more important about a website?

I always feel the theme of a web site is very import to its developement.Choose unsuitable theme may severely restrain a website although the content is very comprehensive and unique.
    So which is more important about a website do you think?Content or tgheme?
    please visite my new website: doudoune moncler pas cher

It's a combination of the two.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

More important? Content, for sure..

Search engines don't care how awesome or cool your website looks, they care about the content your website provides and how relative it is to your website.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

I think "content is king", because in the end, that's what gets indexed by search engines, and what drives visitors to your site. But a bad theme can certainly hide your content.

I've worked with a lot of site owners that can't get past the point that their very pretty, flash site with a splash page isn't getting indexed by Google (well, the home page is, but with very low rankings). When you look at the source, you don't see anything ... and that's exactly what Google sees. The "enter here" link isn't even seen, so Google doesn't follow it, and the content hidden behind that splash page is never found.

They sure are pretty sites, though. At least the owners get to look at them.

There are many things like colors used, fonts, themes, templates, images and the contents on the website for developing the website.
    Compared to other things the contents you are putting on your website matters much more. They should be unique and well managed that they will rank on google.

I think both are important for sure.

These is important for first look, as first impression is a last impression and content is always need to be good

Quote Originally Posted by guptaarun View Post
    Both are necessary..
    I think content is more necessary then design as I already told design just work in first impression which is also important as well.

Theme out-ranks content. If your theme can sell the website to the customer/user, the website isn't working.

- Images > Text
    - Images Seen First > Text Seen First
    - Informative Image < Informative Text

No amount of content will shift the user into a different frame of mind if the theme of website isn't right.

Once you have the theme, the content follows and doesn't have to work as hard to sell the website to the user.
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

Content/copy is always important. Design is more or less important depending on what the site is about.

Say for example, a landing page used to drive leads and sign-ups, design is very important. If you have a blog with interesting content, design is less important in terms of engaging the user.

So while they're both important, the level of importance of design depends on the actual site and its purpose.

Without a good look i don think people will be attracted to get throught the content so Both are important

i would have to select content in terms of SEO. All of you I think realize the importance of a good full of keywords content that will look amazing in the eyes of those "must have" crawlers.

Content is always more important. But if the content is displayed in a poor way then it becomes useless.

The best is good content, and good UI design.
    Uploadingit.com - Fast Reliable File Hosting

I would focus on content then theme Once you get a lot of content you will get higher rankings in search engines, then focus on the theme

you need both content and a theme are both a requirement without a theme your content will seem dull and without content your theme will look vacant

Both content and theme are important although content is a bit more important. To search engines, design doesn't matter. They only care about your content. On the other hand, real visitors may give more importance to theme.
    Sajid Iftekhar - Web Design Portfolio

I think both content and theme are important for a website from user point of view. From Search engines view content is more important than anything.

A lot of the responses focused solely on content, which is essential for good search engine results. However, depending on the nature of your website, a good theme/design will ultimately be what leads to conversions/sales. The best ranking site in the search engines can have poor conversion/sales rates if it's not appealing or attractive. Half the battle is getting people to your website. The other half the battle is catching their attention and holding it once they are there. You only have a short window of time to make them want to read more about your product/services before they bounce. A poor site design/theme will ultimately lead to a higher bounce rate. It all goes hand in hand.

Using the term "theme" by itself is silly.

Your theme, if it is to be successful, must dove-tail with a niche, which dove-tails with your content. Your niche should be defined by your core competencies and how you can differentiate and carve out a space of your own. It's a jungle out there. Start by opening excel and making a table with your top 20 competitors. Fill in their top USP's, and find the one thing they don't do (or at least don't emphasize) that you can do, and do even better. Once your niche/theme is thought out carefully, content crafting begins. Leave out the sales pitch tone and focus only on the quantifiable and verifiable. Content is definitely King in my books, but it can only be crowned "King" when you've done your due diligence in crafting a slick niche that you can call your own.
    EuroVPS - Europe's Fully Managed Hosting
    Established 2004 - The European Hosting Authority

That question can't be answered until you answer the single most important question first, namely...

What are your website goals?
    Short Hills Design, LLC - Comprehensive Website and Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses and Healthcare Providers
    *** WHT Members Take 10% OFF ***
    www.shorthillsdesign.com

Content is more important than Theme.
    But THeme will help you to reach your visitors satisfaction.
    Imagine, a website with good content but it format is terrible and too hard to read. Will you continue read it or find another website ??

Quote Originally Posted by tinycoin View Post
    Content is more important than Theme.
    But THeme will help you to reach your visitors satisfaction.
    Imagine, a website with good content but it format is terrible and too hard to read. Will you continue read it or find another website ??
    How many times have you visited a website and found the content you wanted -- and stayed to read that content even though the site is ugly?

Have you EVER left a website that provided the content you needed out of protest due to the design?
    Short Hills Design, LLC - Comprehensive Website and Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses and Healthcare Providers
    www.shorthillsdesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by rangy View Post
    How many times have you visited a website and found the content you wanted -- and stayed to read that content even though the site is ugly?

Have you EVER left a website that provided the content you needed out of protest due to the design?
    I think poor design can have a greater effect on some types of sites vs. others. For example, a site that provides strictly content (news, history, technical information, etc...) has a lesser chance of being affected than a site that is trying to sell something or get you to come to their destination.

I personally HAVE left sites because of a poor design. In some cases it was more due to navigation/hierarchy issues than visual appeal. But there have been times where I look at a poor design and say to myself, do I really want to do business with them? Other times I simply couldn't find what I was looking for.

fair enough -- but if it has the info you need, I personally won't leave for that reason alone. I may not go back , but I won't leave.
    www.shorthillsdesign.com

content content content

the theme should be centered solely around the content, unnecessary flashiness ultimately just makes you look like a try-hard

I think content is more important than tgheme, a good website is not only has beautiful type and form, but the content is the basic element which be able to attactive people to come and appreciate it!

I think the content is more important than tgheme.
    A good website is not has beautiful form and type, but the content is the basic element which is able to attract people come and enjoy it!

Both are very important. Use CSS3 To make themes it saves web page loading speed..

I think the content is more important than tgheme!

Theme + Spelling (and support if is available)