Thread: Some advice

* Some advice

Hi Guys (specially from UK),

What consequences could I be looking ahead for driving than in accordance to the law (in UK)...like fixed penalty, court summons or if lucky than just nothing....The code that applies is LC20...

Thanks for any help...

All I could find is it's 3-6 points on your license

Edit: Found another site where someone was fined 60, they appealed so it had to go to court where the fine was raised to 240 + costs
    Last edited by RandomThoughts; 03-20-2011 at 08:37 PM.

It might just be me but could you rephrase your question?

As I understood it he's been done for driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence (code LC20)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLittleHost View Post
    All I could find is it's 3-6 points on your license
    hi,

I was driving on an expired International license.....so they cannot alot points as I just dont have a UK license....the traffic officer told me that I could face upto 500 penalty....but when I went to the police station...they said I didnt had to worry about anything, as rest was all clear...insurance, MOT, road tax...the confusion is that I heard different stories ..1 from the traffic officer and the other at the police station...dont know what am I lookind ahead at

My understanding is if your license is expired, you don't have a license, that would invalidate the insurance giving rise to another offense

I'm not legally qualified though!!

Talking

My understanding is if your license is expired, you don't have a license, that would invalidate the insurance giving rise to another offense

I'm not legally qualified though!!
    u r rite mate....this point was mentioned by the traffic officer....seems like u r a qualified legal adviser, haha....thanks for the help

The offences are:
    Driving other than in accordance with a licence (3-6 points + fine)
    Driving without valid insurance (IN10) as a term of insurance is holding a valid license (6-8 points + fine).

If you've been in the UK for more than 1 year, you MUST hold a valid UK license, an international license no longer counts.
    The points will be applied to your future UK license, so if/when you apply for a UK license, you are instantly diqualified for the period specified by the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_M View Post
    The offences are:
    Driving other than in accordance with a licence (3-6 points + fine)
    Driving without valid insurance (IN10) as a term of insurance is holding a valid license (6-8 points + fine).

If you've been in the UK for more than 1 year, you MUST hold a valid UK license, an international license no longer counts.
    The points will be applied to your future UK license, so if/when you apply for a UK license, you are instantly diqualified for the period specified by the court.
    thanks..but just the same confusion...the police station told me that if I was to be fined the traffic officer would have informed me right when they stopped me....also, I was given a pink slip..The police takes it more seriously only when its a white or yellow slip...but since I had the pink slip...I just had to produce the documents and then the car could be released and that's all....

When you were stopped, it's likely that the traffic officer said something along the lines of
    "I will be reporting you for the consideration of prosecuting you for the offences of Driving other than in accordance with your license/Driving without a valid license, and for driving without valid third party motor insurance".

Once you've produced your documents, which form part of the evidence, then a decision will be reached about how to prosecute. It's there to ensure that the correct information is held.
    Once the officer has looked at your insurance documents (to check if IN10 applies), then they'll send you out an NIP.

As far as I know, White/yellow/pink is just the carbon copy system. 1 for the officer, 1 for CPS records, and 1 for you. I may well be incorrect on this though.

The car should only be released when they are satisfied that there is: #1 A valid MOT, #2 Valid VED (Tax), #3 A driver with a valid license & insurance to cover themselves driving the vehicle.
    Releasing the vehicle in any other circumstance is a classic example of a screw-up!

Joseph, you're either legally qualified or have a lot of motoring offenses behind you

Consider your life and the life of others who may get involved if an accident occur or if the goverment takes an action.

Without a FULL, VALID and IN-DATE UK/International driving license your insurance will be rendered invalid.

I hope you get everything you deserve; a good friend of mine has his 3 month old car written off by someone on an international license of which was invalid, thus meaning he had to stump up the bill himself whilst the driver of the other car go relieved of his crappy 200 car and was given a measly fine (compared to that of the bill my friend had to pay) only to no-doubt go on and re-offend later down the line.
    Clook: Fully Managed UK Based Hosting CloudFlare Optimised Partner!
    Established 12 Years - 24/7/365 Support (<10m Avg. Response Time)
    Shared, Reseller, vServer, Dedicated and Beyond
    0845 867 2550 Sales - Visit our Website

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cow View Post
    I hope you get everything you deserve;
    The_Cow, whilst it is a sensitive subject, you shouldn't be acting discourteously towards other forum members. I'm sure that if found guilty of committing offences, the OP will receive the appropriate punishment. Remember the Be Nice rule, and try to act professionally at all times, remembering that everything posted is public, and available for a potential customer/employer to see.

Joseph, you're either legally qualified or have a lot of motoring offenses behind you
    Neither, although I'm the nominated legalese go-to person for several colleagues & friends.

In the Uk there on-the-spot fines, which the police were talking about. You have committed an offence of greater consequence, and so will be summoned before a court. Here they will decide, dependant on your record, to fine you and give you points should you wish to gain a UK license.

As far as I am aware, they have the power to revoke any Visa's you hold or imprison you... but I doubt they would.

thanks everyone for posting your suggestions....I will keep my fingers crossed and wait for the court letters....