Chicago, IL

Is Hosting Shoutcast Servers considered a CDN?

I'm looking at a couple dedicated server providers and upon reading their TOS's I'm wondering if Shoutcast servers are considered CDN's? I know I can contact the providers and find this out. Which I intend to do, im just wondering if in general this is a rule of thumb to assume?

Houston, Texas
    Shoutcast servers are radio servers.

A CDN is a content delivery network, which is "a system of computers containing copies of data, placed at various points in a network so as to maximize bandwidth for access to the data from clients throughout the network. A client accesses a copy of the data near to the client, as opposed to all clients accessing the same central server, so as to avoid bottlenecks near that server." (Wikipedia )

Basically, static files are cached on varies servers spread out geographically. When a visitor needs that file, it will pull it from the closest server, increasing your loading speed.
    SSDVirt - SSD VPS Hosting
    Dallas New Jersey RAID10 SSDs 1Gbps OpenVZ & KVM
    GarrisonHost - Premium High Performance Hosting
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting [soon] SSL Certificates Domains

Rotherham, UK
    No shoutcast servers are not the same as CDN
    Virtual6 - UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation and VPS.
    UK Supermicro Xeon E3-1240v3 Dedicated servers, up to 4x drives, 8GB - 32GB RAM.
    European KVM VPS with guaranteed vCPU, Auto DDoS detection & mitigation, Proxmox VE 3.x control panel.