VPSlatch 12-hr review -- very disappointed

After reading the latest managed vps offering by vpslatch and this 2nd post by OP
    Quote Originally Posted by VL-Adam View Post
    VPSLatch is running a MEGA promotion for the next 48 hours. This is a once in a lifetime offer that you cannot miss. Act immediately!
    I considered it to be a good offer and signed up just over 12 hours ago for:
    Managed 1024 - us (03/19/2011 - 06/18/2011)
    Operating System (OpenVZ): CentOS 5.5 with cPanel

Thus far, all I can say is that I am very, very disappointed.

the activation email for Invoice #23023 came quickly, but the cpanel link is still not operational.

the email said it could take up to 45minutes, so i waited patiently and then created a support ticket after the first two hours passed. incidentally, their ticket page says "Any support-related enquiries - 25 minute initial response time guarantee" but my first response was nearly SEVEN HOURS later, whereupon i was told they were looking into it.

The 2nd reply to my support ticket was an hour after that and said "it should be working now" -- but it wasn't and still isn't. you'd think your support staff would use some external means of testing a link before saying it was active!

Even worse, when i got up this morning to test that non-working link, i logged into the working vps control panel only to find these resource usage numbers:

Disk Space: 8%
    4.8 GB of 60 GB used / 55.2 GB free
    Memory: 21%
    217.16 MB of 1024 MB used / 806.84 MB free

wtf? i can't even get to my cpanel and have not been able to change any settings or add any site content, and i'm already using 8% of my hard drive and constantly using 21% of my memory?

man am i disappointed.

i've submitted another ticket and said that if both problems are not resolved within an hour, i want to cancel and get a refund.

before submitting this post as it was up to this point, i decided i had better check for any new ticket responses. here's their update explaining the lack of a functional cpanel link:
    Its normal for servers to go down for filesystem checks, we were getting the following error in the node and this is related to filesystem error

really? its normal for a newly created service to go down for a filesystem check?
    maybe thats normal to you... i doubt anyone on this forum would consider that normal for a freshly created service.

i'll take that refund now, thank you.

does anyone here think i am being unreasonable?

any USA-based managed-vps service with similar plan/pricing want my business?

I believe that it's not a best feeling if something like this happens at the begining. Like support told you, filesystem checks cannot be predicted. Disk space and memory usage are completely normal for a cPanel VPS. You may want to try TMZVps or so

Quote Originally Posted by i<3DUO View Post
    I believe that it's not a best feeling if something like this happens at the begining. Like support told you, filesystem checks cannot be predicted. Disk space and memory usage are completely normal for a cPanel VPS. You may want to try TMZVps or so
    i'm certainly no expert at vps hosting, but when a service is ordered isn't it cloned from some preset image? and then tested before being deployed?

i sure hope my next vps service thinks thats the way services should be launched!

Disk space usage is not out of line IMO. It's the OS plus cPanel.

Memory usage, same thing. cPanel is probably running services you don't need, which you can stop, which will reduce memory usage somewhat.

A filesystem check is done by the host node and will affect all VPSs on the node. Doesn't matter if the VPS was created last year or an hour ago.

a "MEGA" promotion probably means a flood of orders, causing a slowdown in support.

Be a bit more patient and give them time to work through the order and any associated issues. I don't see any reason to demand a refund (yet).

Maybe you are simply not lucky dear.. i use vpslatch as business partner for my vps hosting services and the ticket system is really fast.. normally i get a response in less than 30 minutes.

Also if you check all other post on wht, you will see than a lot of people recommend vpslatch for vps services and someone get really good services with vpslatch.. you know, people are not perfect and make error is human.

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    Disk space usage is not out of line IMO. It's the OS plus cPanel.
    Memory usage, same thing. cPanel is probably running services you don't need, which you can stop, which will reduce memory usage somewhat.
    A filesystem check is done by the host node and will affect all VPSs on the node. Doesn't matter if the VPS was created last year or an hour ago.
    a "MEGA" promotion probably means a flood of orders, causing a slowdown in support.
    Be a bit more patient and give them time to work through the order and any associated issues. I don't see any reason to demand a refund (yet).
    excellent information. thanks for that.

if i were vpslatch, i'd have considered moving my fresh service off of the node.
    and, if i were planning a mega promo as they did, i'd have gotten all hands on deck to handle the load, otherwise issues like i had work against them in the long term... right?

you're more patient than i am. i already asked for the refund.
    i don't like starting a relationship with a vendor like this.

I would suggest that you should give them another try as you cannot judge a web host in merely 12 hours however, wish you luck with your decision..
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanel®
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

Quote Originally Posted by Vans View Post
    Maybe you are simply not lucky dear.. i use vpslatch as business partner for my vps hosting services and the ticket system is really fast.. normally i get a response in less than 30 minutes.
    Also if you check all other post on wht, you will see than a lot of people recommend vpslatch for vps services and someone get really good services with vpslatch.. you know, people are not perfect and make error is human.
    you are right... maybe my experience with vpslatch was just bad luck or bad timing.
    and being human myself, i know we aren't perfect.

but it would not have taken much to keep me hopeful.

a support ticket response within the first 30 to 60mins that said "hey, that promo has us busy but we're looking into it" would have been better than not responding for 7 hours, then responding to tell me the cpanel link works, but it really doesn't.

I have been reading about VPSlatch around the forums, and they seem to be doing good.I also think it was probably just bad timing. Did you start looking for a new host?

What are your requirements?

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

As suggested, I don't think you should just jump with a new host after 24hours. VPSLatch have a fantastic reputation and I'm sure this is just unlucky.

I would suggest trying their service for a little longer before abandoning ship.

Though I do agree that things like this could happen.. but 7 hours to just reply "We are checking it"?? If it's managed i wouldn't really find that comfortable to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    I have been reading about VPSlatch around the forums, and they seem to be doing good.I also think it was probably just bad timing. Did you start looking for a new host? What are your requirements? - Daniel
    most of what i had read about vpslatch was also good. thats why i pulled the trigger on their offer.
    i fully expected to be satisfied, but first impressions are important to me and i feel they could have done more to keep me happy.
    like quickly switching me to a different node since i had zero content on the service yet.

yes, i have started looking already. what are my requirements? the package i ordered from vpslatch came out to about $30/mo for:
    2048 MB RAM
    120GB RAID10 Protected Space
    1500 GB 100mbit Transfer
    FREE cPanel/WHM control panel
    FREE Fantastico De Luxe
    2 IPs
    Fully Managed

fully managed is a must because i really am not a 'nix geek and "terminal" to me means dead.

aside from that, i'd really like support response thats closer to their 'guaranteed' response time...

It might be a little difficult to find a plan at that price, though could well be possible.

Though have you still been having issues with VPSLatch? Is it affecting your business? If you haven't already, try contacting them, or contact Adam directly, he would be more than willing to sort this issue out for you and ensure it doesn't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxyRAF View Post
    It might be a little difficult to find a plan at that price, though could well be possible.
    Though have you still been having issues with VPSLatch? Is it affecting your business? If you haven't already, try contacting them, or contact Adam directly, he would be more than willing to sort this issue out for you and ensure it doesn't happen again.
    i've been in contact with them via their ticket system.
    the support agent said my ticket has already been escalated to management.
    i imagine adam will see this and discuss options with me.

if not, all the more reason to move on i guess.

Adam's cool, He'll sort you out

Let us know how it goes.

Hello,

Thanks for hosting with us.

I apologize about the inconvenience caused, we will take full responsibility for what happened here.

Unluckily, your VPS got provisioned on one of the nodes that had to go down for a FSCK check, which is why your setup time got extended.

Its is really unfortunate this happened in your beginning stages with VPSLatch, but I hope you can understand that file system checks happen with each and every host and usually cannot be predicted. It has been a long time ever since one of our servers required an FSCK check so this doesn't happen generally.

The filesystem check has been completed at this time, and your VPS should be back online at this time.

With your permission I would like to offer you one month of free compensation to reimburse you for the troubles you've seen thus far. I can assure you this is generally not something that happens here and I don't want you getting the incorrect image of our company.

We look forward to establishing a long term business relationship with you.

Have a great rest of your weekend,

Adam

Adam, thanks for taking the time to post on this thread. please check for PM from me.

Thumbs up Back Online

Hello again,

There were a few IP misconfigurations in your VPS, but I have corrected that for you at this time. Please confirm that your VPS is responding correctly now.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Regards,
    Adam

Maybe you are simply not lucky dear..
    But i am very happy from vpslatch from last 2 months
    Web Hosting in Pakistan -> Fast Hosting,(25 minute initial ticket response time guarantee)
    Hosting in Pakistan -> Keep your site online with Cheap Price

You got off to a rocky start but the offer to make it up to you is definitely worth the trouble. Good luck.

12 hours is not alot of time give them a few days or a week as 12 hours of great performance doesnt mean youll get that for the next month and vise versa

Quote Originally Posted by VL-Adam View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for hosting with us.

I apologize about the inconvenience caused, we will take full responsibility for what happened here.

Unluckily, your VPS got provisioned on one of the nodes that had to go down for a FSCK check, which is why your setup time got extended.

Its is really unfortunate this happened in your beginning stages with VPSLatch, but I hope you can understand that file system checks happen with each and every host and usually cannot be predicted. It has been a long time ever since one of our servers required an FSCK check so this doesn't happen generally.

The filesystem check has been completed at this time, and your VPS should be back online at this time.

With your permission I would like to offer you one month of free compensation to reimburse you for the troubles you've seen thus far. I can assure you this is generally not something that happens here and I don't want you getting the incorrect image of our company.

We look forward to establishing a long term business relationship with you.

Have a great rest of your weekend,

Adam
    Adam, my vps is getting much errors
    _http://lulzimg.com/i15/dca750.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lxsn View Post
    After reading the latest managed vps offering by vpslatch and this 2nd post by OP

I considered it to be a good offer and signed up just over 12 hours ago for:
    Managed 1024 - us (03/19/2011 - 06/18/2011)
    Operating System (OpenVZ): CentOS 5.5 with cPanel

Thus far, all I can say is that I am very, very disappointed.

the activation email for Invoice #23023 came quickly, but the cpanel link is still not operational.

the email said it could take up to 45minutes, so i waited patiently and then created a support ticket after the first two hours passed. incidentally, their ticket page says "Any support-related enquiries - 25 minute initial response time guarantee" but my first response was nearly SEVEN HOURS later, whereupon i was told they were looking into it.

The 2nd reply to my support ticket was an hour after that and said "it should be working now" -- but it wasn't and still isn't. you'd think your support staff would use some external means of testing a link before saying it was active!

Even worse, when i got up this morning to test that non-working link, i logged into the working vps control panel only to find these resource usage numbers:

Disk Space: 8%
    4.8 GB of 60 GB used / 55.2 GB free
    Memory: 21%
    217.16 MB of 1024 MB used / 806.84 MB free

wtf? i can't even get to my cpanel and have not been able to change any settings or add any site content, and i'm already using 8% of my hard drive and constantly using 21% of my memory?

man am i disappointed.

i've submitted another ticket and said that if both problems are not resolved within an hour, i want to cancel and get a refund.

before submitting this post as it was up to this point, i decided i had better check for any new ticket responses. here's their update explaining the lack of a functional cpanel link:
    Its normal for servers to go down for filesystem checks, we were getting the following error in the node and this is related to filesystem error

really? its normal for a newly created service to go down for a filesystem check?
    maybe thats normal to you... i doubt anyone on this forum would consider that normal for a freshly created service.

i'll take that refund now, thank you.

does anyone here think i am being unreasonable?

any USA-based managed-vps service with similar plan/pricing want my business?
    I don't think you are unreasonable and I usually really read these post very carefully.

Hopefully you are experiencing an isolated incident may be there promotion was very successfulness. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by minhmeo View Post
    Adam, my vps is getting much errors
    _http://lulzimg.com/i15/dca750.jpg
    Hello,

Thank you for hosting with us. Emails such as that can be caused by numerous amounts of reasons and without you submitting a support ticket we cannot investigate further as we will have to login and pinpoint the issue. It can be caused by updates, disabled services, apache recompiles, and so on and so forth.

According to your client profile, I don't see an open ticket about this. Please remember that we have a helpdesk available and ready to assist you 24/7/365 at http://clients.vpslatch.net. We would be more than happy to assist you in any means possible if you submit a support ticket.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you further.

Have a great day,

Adam

Glad to know everything is settled by adam as always

Quote Originally Posted by Fakher View Post
    Glad to know everything is settled by adam as always
    Are you being Sarcastic? Or m I missing the resolutions?

I am reading these threads, good reviews, bad reviews, ones like this with issues, and looking to see how they are resolved. Seems likle another cliff-hanger. I don't see a resolution here... Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ChicksHateMe View Post
    Are you being Sarcastic? Or m I missing the resolutions?
    I am reading these threads, good reviews, bad reviews, ones like this with issues, and looking to see how they are resolved. Seems likle another cliff-hanger. I don't see a resolution here... Hmmm
    Even after VPSlatch said it was fixed and ready to use 3 times, it was not.
    but, they did eventually get it to work for me and i am testing it out.
    if you want my opinion as of this moment, its 50/50 that i will stay with them.
    their deal is/was good, and the free month is appealing, but as i said, first impressions are important to me, and in my opinion, it should not have taken as many attempts as it had to get it right.
    especially since (in my mind) all the had to do was test it themselves before sending me the link, right?

lxsn,

Thanks for replying. Glad it's getting worked out. When I change hosting, I consider it like building a new computer. When I build one, I run it under observation for 72 hours. If I get everything working smooth at that point, I figure it's good for a long time, and I'll trust it.

I think the same way about going to a new hosting set-up. I look for 72 hours of stability after the kinks are worked out before I go live, cause there's a lot going on there.

There are a lot of Supporters praising Adams dedication at VPSLatch, so I hope it's past that "break-in" phase now, and settled down for you.

Good Luck! And Keep us up-to-date...